Author Topic: Stock Market Crash - No thread on today's stock market crash?  (Read 13596 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Stock Market Crash - No thread on today's stock market crash?
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »
So is it over?

Or the start of things to come?

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
So is it over?

Still huge budget deficits across the globe, parasitic EU countries, derivatives market ballooned, stagnated Chinese GDP, long term (especially the 10y) loans made prior to 2008 has yet to be repaid. It's a sinking ship with ever increasing number of holes to fill, the ship might not sink today or tomorrow, but eventually we will run out of things to patch up the holes with.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
Good for him. He is providing for himself and doing what he loves.  :)

and on an unrelated matter, I agree that checking your portfolio every day is a waste of time.

I do check mine every day, and watch some very closely throughout the day sometimes. But I do this for a living. I'll often buy or buy more of a company if it has sold off hard overnight and become oversold due to such things as an overreaction to earnings or whatever. And I'll often sell at least some of a position if it has jumped up double digits or more overnight. I'll also do the occasional swing trade or day trade here and there with a few bucks.

But yeah, small retail investors in general shouldn't be so obsessive.

On the subject of the Fed, etc... Ray Dalio believes that the Fed will actually start to loosen again soon - just what we need.  ::)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bridgewaters-ray-dalio-clarifies-prediction-that-fed-will-roll-out-new-qe-2015-08-26
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »
So is it over?

It's all just bullshit tests by the big institutional investors trying to prove to the fed that they can kill a market overnight if they want and resurrect it back just as fast.   lot of people made some huge gains.  Imagine selling Apple for $120 a share, the next day buying it for $92 a share and the next day it's back up to $115.  It was instant fucking profit for those fuckers.