Author Topic: i need help! (serious) can't lose weight  (Read 15475 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Re: i need help! (serious) can't lose weight
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
I want to say how proud I am of all posters here.  A guy asks a serious question and gets tons of correct quality advice almost immediately.  And for free.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 07:56:36 AM »
I want to say how proud I am of all posters here.  A guy asks a serious question and gets tons of correct quality advice almost immediately.  And for free.

X2
Mr. AZ 2003

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »
u forgot the weights

The what?

There are some financial arrangements behind the scenes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2015, 09:54:12 AM »
u forgot the weights

This is just for weight loss.

Tony_Jack

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »

Buy this book and do everything it says. Seriously. Put the guy's recent allegations aside and learn from the best how to get ripped.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2015, 10:30:18 AM »
Test and d-bol??????????
Guy looks like Butterbean, thats the last thing he needs.

Radical Plato must be pretty ignorant with regards to the effects of test combined with D-bol. When my doctor put me on this combo, I gained 40 lbs. In my case, that was the intent. If someone has low testosterone than getting it up to par may actually give them more energy which could result in weight loss when combined with a healthy diet and a solid exercise routine. D-bol is known for bulking up folks pretty quickly. Unfortunately some of that bulk is water retention.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »
It's cheap, easy first cycle. Also easy to get.  What do you recommend. Clen, Anavar what?? Admittedly I am no expert having never tried ped's but I know plenty who have.  But whatever way he goes he needs to reduce his calorie consumption.

If you aren't educated in the all of effects of steroids, you probably should not offer advice on using them.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »

Buy this book and do everything it says. Seriously. Put the guy's recent allegations aside and learn from the best how to get ripped.

I agree with this...Actually don't even put the recent allegations aside because a man shouldn't regret being a man you know what i'm sayin?

Tony_Jack

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »

I agree with this...Actually don't even put the recent allegations aside because a man shouldn't regret being a man you know what i'm sayin?
That may be your opinion and God bless if it is. But in pure terms of getting ripped, nobody does it better than Fogle.

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2015, 12:01:04 PM »
thanks for the advice boys. wes, your article looks great, going to follow it. today is day one of my new lifestyle.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
This is just for weight loss.
true but u could argue that
1. Muscle is active tissue that burns calories just to exist. The bigger the muscle the more calories needed to sustain it. Although this may be neglible.
2. A combo of cardio and resistance training is more effective at losing body fat than just cardio alone.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:37 PM »
thanks for the advice boys. wes, your article looks great, going to follow it. today is day one of my new lifestyle.
u won't make it.

Hey this is getbig!

If this isn't a gimmick good luck. Ask away for help if u need it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:29 PM »
Eat less until you start losing.  :)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2015, 09:22:11 PM »
Wes' article is great, but if you want an easy start just eat meat, veg, fruit and tons of water and stick to it.  Forget about poundages and and move more with less rest.  No magic to it.

I've been doing this paleo type diet for the last 12 weeks and am about 4 weeks out from contest condition. I love it. And best of all it's sustainable, easy to cruise like this year round.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2015, 01:53:54 AM »
Lol sushi and pineapple juice.  gh15 principles ftw

I don't understand all the 'no carb advice'.  My brain literally does not function without them.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2015, 03:45:06 AM »
Eat less, move more. Sedentary lifestyle kills.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2015, 05:08:30 AM »
Lol sushi and pineapple juice.  gh15 principles ftw

I don't understand all the 'no carb advice'.  My brain literally does not function without them.

The average American caloric intake is ~3700 a day. If you break down the macros, it comes out to about 350-400 grams of carbs. You don't have to cut carbs out completely to be normal body weight, just average about 150 grams a day.

If they do this, they'll almost certainly reduce fat intake as well, as most high carb foods also are high fat.

Exercise, IMO, should be done for health and fitness, with a byproduct being that you burn a few calories. You can only exercise so much without overdoing it and getting hurt. You can always not eat.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »
I've been doing this paleo type diet for the last 12 weeks and am about 4 weeks out from contest condition. I love it. And best of all it's sustainable, easy to cruise like this year round.

Real paleo, with no dairy? I sorta did the paleo-lite, which is better marketed as "eat a lot of meat and cut carbs down a lot". I still eat dairy in the form of cheese. Cheese and bacon (preferably on a potato skin) are absolute essentials for health.

Back in the mid-90's, I tried the Anabolic Diet, which was just fat and protein. The first week without carbs was brutal, but oddly the social-stigma was the worst. This was before anybody knew anything about "Paleo" and I was a complete social outcast. Imagine having a lunch of a 12 oz steak and a pile of provolone cheese. The laughter from my fat peers was deafening.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2015, 06:09:20 AM »
muslims dont think bacon is essential

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 06:16:14 AM »

big chiro could you get us a small sample of what you eat on the paleo diet 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2015, 06:27:04 AM »
You know exactly what the problem is. It's just a motivational problem, same reason I'm fatter than I would like. Losing weight/fat is easy... in theory.

I tend to disagree because it's about perspective as well.   Yes, in theory, losing weight/fat is simple.  Still, if you're in poor shape, hate the man in the mirror and are unmotivated dropping weight can feel like an enormous task.

Most guys on here that are competitors say the same crap over and over, "I'm so outta shape right now....super fat!!  Need to lose 25-30lbs."  

Here's the reality, even with the extra 25-30lbs these guys still look excellent and the majority have visible abs with the extra weight LOL.....it's smoke and mirrors.  For these guys losing 25-30 is easy both in theory and practice because their "before shots" are already light years beyond most everyone else's "after shots".   They're motivated year round.

I think it's great these guys stay in shape year round and pose on stage and all that stuff, but the "I'm sooooo fat right now" thing is a pile of dog crap.   They're "fat" only as compared to guys in contest shape.....anything less than that and they're "fat".

When I was in top shape I could easily fluctuate 25-35lbs and still look good as compared to the VAST majority.  When I dropped the extra pounds everything just popped that much more, but prior to the loss things still popped LOL.  

Just keep pushing one day at a time.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »
as of today, I'm 276, naked, age 58. I'm a fat fuck. i have a stomach that i can't lose, i have not one cut on my body. i retired 3 months ago, and most days i go to the gym 2 times a day. early in the morning
to walk on the treadmill, then back around 2 pm for the weights. after 40 years of lifting, reading muscle mags, watching videos, reading mens health, i can truthfully say i don't have a clue on what I'm doing????
I'm not on trt, I'm as strong as a bull. but I'm tired of being fat. i went to the beach last week and went in the water without my shirt. looked like a fat whale.i try to eat right, but i don't.

should i hire someone for a diet? thinking about emailing mike o hearn for a diet plan, that's how fucked up i am now. i hit sit-ups twice a week,

just tired of being over 250 pounds of shit. any help would be appreciated. thanks, judo

Consider cutting off your head = instant loss of several lbs of ugly useless fat. ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »
The average American caloric intake is ~3700 a day. I'd you break down the macros, it comes out to about 350-400 grams of carbs. You don't have to cut carbs out completely to be normal body weight, just average about 150 grams a day.

If they do this, they'll almost certainly reduce fat intake as well, as most high carb foods also are high fat.

Exercise, IMO, should be done for health and fitness, with a byproduct being that you burn a few calories. You can only exercise so much without overdoing it and getting hurt. You can always not eat.

Good advice. In my unprofessional opinion, healthy fats are better than sugars. Have you ever noticed that the folks drinking diet everything are usually overweight? Of course it doesn't help if you are washing down a colossal cheese burger and supersized fries with diet Coke.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2015, 11:46:29 AM »
Real paleo, with no dairy? I sorta did the paleo-lite, which is better marketed as "eat a lot of meat and cut carbs down a lot". I still eat dairy in the form of cheese. Cheese and bacon (preferably on a potato skin) are absolute essentials for health.

Back in the mid-90's, I tried the Anabolic Diet, which was just fat and protein. The first week without carbs was brutal, but oddly the social-stigma was the worst. This was before anybody knew anything about "Paleo" and I was a complete social outcast. Imagine having a lunch of a 12 oz steak and a pile of provolone cheese. The laughter from my fat peers was deafening.

My former co-worker was and still is obese. He was often trying to follow the Adkin's diet, which was basically lots of protein from meats and cheeses and leafy green vegetables. He couldn't stay on the plan very long because it was too restricting. This was the failure of this diet plan for most people. I suggest people try a balanced diet and eat small portions with increased frequency to keep their metabolism up.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »
Good advice. In my unprofessional opinion, healthy fats are better than sugars. Have you ever noticed that the folks drinking diet everything are usually overweight? Of course it doesn't help if you are washing down a colossal cheese burger and supersized fries with diet Coke.
Truth. I started drinking diet coke a few years back. My diet stayed the same but I found my weight was increasing. Fuck diet coke, I wouldnt touch that shit ever again. I drink water and tea mostly now.
A