Author Topic: Are you skilled with chopsticks?  (Read 3408 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Are you skilled with chopsticks?
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 11:54:23 AM »
I'm half Asian and grew up eating with chopsticks. It's the dumbest thing in the world actually in when I go to Chinese restaurants eight with a spoon so I can shovel it in fast i'm half Asian and grew up eating with chopsticks. It's the dumbest thing in the world actually in when I go to Chinese restaurants eight with a spoon so I can shovel and faster.

I remember a Chinese comedian saying that eating with chopsticks is like bailing hay with two sticks or something like that.

Dumbass siri

Saving this text due to exquisite grammar and sentencebuilding.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »
I am highly skilled with chopsticks. It's quite embarrasing if you're out eating sushi and your friend asks for a knife and fork. Makes me want to stab the fork in his eye.

Why is that embarassing?  Seriously, I've never understood this.  

In the US we use forks, in Japan they use chopsticks.  They have sushi and steak in both countries.  I've never eaten in a US steakhouse and once seen someone ask for chopsticks.  If I were in a Japanese steakhouse I'd expect to see a bunch of folks eating steak with chopsticks. So you're eating sushi with a fork in the US.....and?  I've never understood that.  "Oh we're eating Japanese sushi or Chinese fried rice in the US.....better get my chopsticks!!"  ??? ???

Folks in the US use a fork with almost every meal, but since it's Japanese or Chinese food gotta have the chopsticks.    If you're a US citizen but grew up in Japan and prefer chopsticks I get that.  But a bunch of folks born and raised in the US that MUST switch to chopsticks in the Japanese restaurant because forks aren't used in Japan and that makes it embarassing for the homegrown US chopstick users LOL.....huh?

Me, I have nothing against those who use chopsticks, but I also have no problem with US folks in US restaurants always using a fork

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »
Of course.  I'm not some redneck who makes it a point of national pride to be unable to wrangle a pair of sticks.

;D

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »
Saving this text due to exquisite grammar and sentencebuilding.
ha!  Half the time I read getbig on my phone n use text to speak when posting.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 06:10:45 AM »
didnt asians make chop sticks so they could eat less food

im pretty sure asians would of thought of it but never used it then again indians eat rice with there hands so go figure  :-X

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 06:23:14 AM »
Why is that embarassing?  Seriously, I've never understood this.  

In the US we use forks, in Japan they use chopsticks.  They have sushi and steak in both countries.  I've never eaten in a US steakhouse and once seen someone ask for chopsticks.  If I were in a Japanese steakhouse I'd expect to see a bunch of folks eating steak with chopsticks. So you're eating sushi with a fork in the US.....and?  I've never understood that.  "Oh we're eating Japanese sushi or Chinese fried rice in the US.....better get my chopsticks!!"  ??? ???

Folks in the US use a fork with almost every meal, but since it's Japanese or Chinese food gotta have the chopsticks.    If you're a US citizen but grew up in Japan and prefer chopsticks I get that.  But a bunch of folks born and raised in the US that MUST switch to chopsticks in the Japanese restaurant because forks aren't used in Japan and that makes it embarassing for the homegrown US chopstick users LOL.....huh?

Me, I have nothing against those who use chopsticks, but I also have no problem with US folks in US restaurants always using a fork

Meltdown.

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »
If you're skilled with chopsticks you can shovel food into your mouth quickly. Even rice isn't a challenge. Spoons are clunky, forks are okay, but chopsticks allow you to eat with precision.