Author Topic: How lazy have we become as a species.  (Read 5530 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: How lazy have we become as a species.
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 11:13:58 AM »

How lazy have we become as a species. ?

take a look in the mirror and there's your answer.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 11:17:14 AM »
This could be a good thing for handicapped people like Navy Mike. Just think, after squatting 400 pounds, he can go home and get paid to rest his bum knee, while he pays someone else to put gas in his Mustang.

America.

You do realize that by hacking on NM about him being handicap - you are stating that a handicap man has a physique that you couldn't possibly ever attain? I don't know enough about the guy to say whether he is handicapped or not - but from his pic posted he has a decent physique. I don't know you either - and you may be a hell of a good guy in real life. You and your buddies may laugh at the posts you make on here, but I don't think its cruel or rude of me to point out that you do not look like you have ever trained.. Don't let jealousy rule you man. You could get in shape if you wanted. You may not think so - but I guarantee you that you DO have abs and you could build some muscle.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 11:24:40 AM »
100 years?  Just go back 25 years and life was like that.

ha, good point. I agree!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »
This could be a good thing for handicapped people like Navy Mike. Just think, after squatting 400 pounds, he can go home and get paid to rest his bum knee, while he pays someone else to put gas in his Mustang.

America.

Or he can park in a handicapped spot, while a 95 year old handicapped person has to park all the way on the other end of the store.
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
Evolutionary psychologists and biologists have speculated that one reason that people may feel sadness or depression is because of technology.  100 years ago people had to really work. We took pride in building things, creating things, etc. It gives people a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. But not everything is done for us via technology.

plus over depletion of precious bodily fluids due to hyper sexualization of culture.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
and the rise of materialist worldview that strips the magic out of life.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
plus over depletion of precious bodily fluids due to hyper sexualization of culture.

X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »
did you ask Ron permission to post his picture?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »
You missed the whole point of my post. But thanks.

I got your point, what I'm taking issue with is the way you phrased it. People don't work less now and do less fulfilling work, there's not an increase in depression compared to 100 years ago and it's not possible to compare the sense of satisfaction a blue collar worker now vs. someone who plowed a field in the 1800s. I get that some people may feel that there are tangential links between technology and depression but not on an epidemic scale.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
I got your point, what I'm taking issue with is the way you phrased it. People don't work less now and do less fulfilling work, there's not an increase in depression compared to 100 years ago and it's not possible to compare the sense of satisfaction a blue collar worker now vs. someone who plowed a field in the 1800s. I get that some people may feel that there are tangential links between technology and depression but not on an epidemic scale.

k.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
I'm gonna create an app for lazy forum posters where they text me what they wanna say and I post it for them.

Will do 5 posts for $1.
?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
I'm gonna create an app for lazy forum posters where they text me what they wanna say and I post it for them.

Will do 5 posts for $1.

What is your paypal?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »
So lazy that if you bitch and moan enough that we'd rather make you a mod on the MMA board than keep hearing you complain.

take a look in the mirror and there's your answer.

Shizzo getting manhandled in this thread..........

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »

Shizzo getting manhandled in this thread..........

at least youre getting attention  :)
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
I don't think this is laziness, but more a testament to how busy everyone's lives have become.   The fact that there is even a need for this - people paying a premium to save themselves 10 minutes of time speaks volumes to me.
The jury is still out on this idea. Not sure if it will catch on.

Never in my life have I been so strapped for time that I thought to myself: "boy I wish I could pay a stranger extra money to take my car to get gas for me".

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »
In West Aus they can't even get pay at the pump right.  ::)  You still have to walk inside, stand in the line, fuel on pump #7... no #7... sev-ven - I know which truck I'm driving, yes I'd like a tax receipt you poor little confused stressed Indian man with the line out the door, etc.  Morans!