Author Topic: Best entrance  (Read 7479 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Best entrance
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 10:47:35 AM »
You really think Nakamura is the best?

I'm really partial to Takahashi... Gotta admit also, that since AJ Styles went to NJPW, he's been even better!

If Vince was serious about the business, he would sign Styles.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 11:11:10 AM »
You really think Nakamura is the best?

I'm really partial to Takahashi... Gotta admit also, that since AJ Styles went to NJPW, he's been even better!

I believe you mean Tanahashi. Many say he's the Cena of New Japan. I'd call him Cena with Shawn Michaels' athletic ability. He's super charismatic with a great look. It's almost impossible to not like him. That said, I'm not a high flyer guy. I prefer Bret Hart over Shawn Michaels.

Conversely, Nakamura reminds me of no one. He's a complete original. He has a flamboyant presentation. Yet, once the match starts, he becomes this encyclopedia of martial arts presented in a pro wrestling format.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »
If you don't watch New Japaan, I suggest you check it out. I believe guys, here, will find the product more enjoyable than what WWE is currently offering.

The greatest wrestler in the world, today:

Was that the Jan supershow with JR? Talk about alot of video screens

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
I believe you mean Tanahashi. Many say he's the Cena of New Japan. I'd call him Cena with Shawn Michaels' athletic ability. He's super charismatic with a great look. It's almost impossible to not like him. That said, I'm not a high flyer guy. I prefer Bret Hart over Shawn Michaels.

Conversely, Nakamura reminds me of no one. He's a complete original. He has a flamboyant presentation. Yet, once the match starts, he becomes this encyclopedia of martial arts presented in a pro wrestling format.

I did mean Tanahashi, my iPhone corrected it to a K, as my web browser also just did causing me to go back and change it.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 12:00:30 PM »
Was that the Jan supershow with JR? Talk about alot of video screens

I believe it's the prior year. This past year, he came out wearing a crown and Michael Jackson Jacket. JR calling his match was awesome.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 06:45:59 AM »

If Vince was serious about the business, he would sign Styles.
Agreed here and he could use the male talent. Right now, the best match on the card is when Sasha or Charlotte wrestle.

On another note, I also agree with "Hulkster", Warrior's entrances were intense and crazy. You had to be there in person to experience it. The fans went berzerk once that music hit.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »
The question is whether Styles would want to work for Vince.

AJ has great chemistry with the top guys in New Japan, and the crowds love his because of his skills, even though he plays the heel.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »
Agreed here and he could use the male talent. Right now, the best match on the card is when Sasha or Charlotte wrestle.

On another note, I also agree with "Hulkster", Warrior's entrances were intense and crazy. You had to be there in person to experience it. The fans went berzerk once that music hit.

I was never fortunate enough to see Hellwig live, but I do know and admit that he was crazy over.
Had he been a "company-man," he would easily have replaced Hogan.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »

Flair claims that Char's matches with one of the other divas - I forget which one - are being compared to the Flair/Steamboat series of the 70's/80's.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »
Had this guy been able to work, he would've been the next Hogan. When he was with Vince, he came to a gym where I was a member. I was about 19 at the time. To this day, he is the single most impressive looking human being I've ever seen in person.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »
Had this guy been able to work, he would've been the next Hogan. When he was with Vince, he came to a gym where I was a member. I was about 19 at the time. To this day, he is the single most impressive looking human being I've ever seen in person.

Magee spent a brief time training with Stu Hart, although, you'd have never suspected it.

Nonetheless, Hogan was said to have been very fearful that Magee would be the one to dethrone him.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »
example of how crazy awesome Warrior's entrances were:

and check out the bump the jobber takes at the end. holy shit!
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »

I was never fortunate enough to see Hellwig live, but I do know and admit that he was crazy over.
Had he been a "company-man," he would easily have replaced Hogan.

I was lucky enough to see him live about 5 times I think. in toronto and hamilton in ontario.

saw him in the following matches live:

- 1988 vs honky tonk 2 days before summerslam 88. Warrior took the belt and posed with it after the match despite only winning by DQ cause Jimmy Hart interferred. the post match celebration with Honky's belt was a prelude to summerslam 88.

-Vs Andre in a steel cage in 1989

-teamed up with Texas Tornado vs Rude and Perfect. All are dead now :(

-vs dino bravo

-vs Hogan at WM6

Warrior was the best !
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 07:14:42 PM »
one thing I do wish is that Warrior slammed Andre during the cage match I saw live. He didn't that night but apparently did a bunch of other times (all are on youtube)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2015, 02:22:35 AM »
one thing I do wish is that Warrior slammed Andre during the cage match I saw live. He didn't that night but apparently did a bunch of other times (all are on youtube)

Andre's feet left the ground a lot more than many people think - and more then WWF let on.

In fact, Andre was slammed quite a few times by guys like Hansen before Hogan's big "slam heard round the world." Although, Andre was probably at his heaviest when Hogan and Hellwig had their turns.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »
Although, Andre was probably at his heaviest when Hogan and Hellwig had their turns.

absolutely.

hell, didn't hansen slam him in 81? 83? Andre was doing drop kicks then lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:31 AM »
absolutely.

hell, didn't hansen slam him in 81? 83? Andre was doing drop kicks then lol

Yes, although that was the type of hype-based marketing WWF (and all of pro-wrestling) engaged in.

Just like Hogan and Andre had faced each other in the ring several times prior to WMIII - in other promotions and even the Fed. But, 1987 was billed as their first one-on-one.

I still remember them advertising Hunter & Taker's last "Mania match" as their first WM encounter when they'd had one just several years earlier if memory serves me.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 03:12:59 AM »
Loved how Hogans music continued to play at WM8 whilst he was battling Sid at the start, just made the entrance that bit better for me. Warriors return that night goes down as possibly the greatest return in history IMO, i still lose my mind.

LOD at Wembley was phenomenal, Hogans return with the red & yellow in the 3 man tag with Sting & Goldberg was something else (always preferred American Made).

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 08:23:58 AM »

Yes, although that was the type of hype-based marketing WWF (and all of pro-wrestling) engaged in.

Just like Hogan and Andre had faced each other in the ring several times prior to WMIII - in other promotions and even the Fed. But, 1987 was billed as their first one-on-one.

I still remember them advertising Hunter & Taker's last "Mania match" as their first WM encounter when they'd had one just several years earlier if memory serves me.

Yes.

Similarly to the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar.

Taker had actually defeated him twice before in handicap matches and won, but never 1v1 until Wrestlemania.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V