Author Topic: Ranking the Mr O's.......  (Read 9935 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Ranking the Mr O's.......
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2015, 11:43:57 PM »
Ronnie looked best in his first couple of Olympias before his gut began to get out of control.

I thought the 2001 Jay Cutler was one of the best modern physiques I've ever seen.

Really thought he should have won that year.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »
So we're just ranking based on wins?  That's different.

Based on the best bodybuilder by today's standards, Arnold is not even close.  He would not even turn pro with his best ever physique, on today's stage.
Using your "logic"we should exclude 8 Mr.Olympia champions from the list just because they didn't build their physiques by today's standards but rather by the standards of their respective time.As if Phil Heat is training to look good by the standards of 2065 ::) We should exclude all the champions up to Lee Haney because they didn't have shredded glutes,T-rex legs and big guts and leave on the list only the champs from Dorian onward...
You are one of those guys that rank Palumbo and Kovacs as better bodybuilders than Steve Reeves only because they fit in better in today's criteria .Hey,maybe they should change the Sandow trophy they award to the winner of Mr.O to one of Coleman?After all Sandow won't even place in a local show today.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »
Ronnie looked best in his first couple of Olympias before his gut began to get out of control.

Actually, shorten that to his first O win, and include the short period where he started winning shows right before that.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
Why are people including Arnold on this list?  He couldn't even win his weight class in the NPC Nationals these days.  ::)

If you mean most dominant for his era, say that.  If you mean "best chest ever", say that.  Arnold is nowhere near the best bodybuilder, in absolute terms.
Leave this website, will ya......?

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2015, 09:17:14 PM »
I thought the 2001 Jay Cutler was one of the best modern physiques I've ever seen.

Really thought he should have won that year.

Jay did look amazing that year but even though Ronnie was holding some water that day, he still won it I think- his back /back poses was just too good that year

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
And Jay would beat Arnold, so why on earth his Arnold on the list?  ???
Jay is not even worthy to carry Arnolds shoes...... >:(

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
Arnold
Ronnie
Dorian
Jay
Heath
Haney
Dexter
Samir
Sergio
Dickerson
Zane

I'd put Haney above Heath and Jay, for aesthetics....and Sergio above Dexter for mass. Samir is underrated in his year.
Dickerson and Zane were too short.