Author Topic: How many of you are completely clean shaven?  (Read 17189 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: How many of you are completely clean shaven?
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2015, 03:42:15 PM »
The majority of males are mostly clean shaven still so def not an epidemic. Funny how many are making fun of those who have beards as being "followers" when the same can be said of them using that logic.
They follow the no facial hair trend that was engrained in them previously....Much prefer keeping an open mind and if it looks good on that person then who cares?

Yes, I have a beard currently. It's like many things (hairstyles, clothes, etc.) Some look stupid on guys and some don't. I actually think they don't look as good on those with "baby faces" as it looks weird for a guy that has a 17 year old face to have one. At a recent wedding I was at there was a photographer that had a super young face but had a pretty typical "hipster" beard with those handle bar mustaches. Looked hilarious.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2015, 04:08:58 PM »
If you are old enough you can see how theses fads come and go. This beard thing started with young men about 10 years ago and exploded 5 years ago. Most look unkempt and dirty looking. I know the look. A button down shirt that's a short sleeve casual shirt with a beard sporting arm tattoos. Another couple of years it will fad. It's just like when I was a kid and everyone had a short hair. Long sloppy ungroomed hair came heavy in the late 60's and lasted heavy till the late 70's. Disco came in then groomed hair cuts and decent but wacky clothes came around. Now it's the lumberjack metrosexual look.

Wearing quality dress shoes, GQ clothes, and a decent quality haircut will never go out of style.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2015, 04:23:24 PM »

Beards are beards. Fashion is fashion. There will always be sheep.

It's not sheep like if you were sporting a beard before they became popular.

I recently trimmed my beard down to a stubble.  For me this has nothing to do with fashion and everything to do with comfort. The only reason I kept the beard for as long as I did was because my wife liked it. I always hated it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2015, 04:27:03 PM »
I've never had a beard or moustache.   My facial hair growth is beta at best....not a pretty sight grown out.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »
I only go SMOOTH shaved now, used to have a trimmed mustache in the military until the mid-90's or so though!!
The girls who I go out with DO NOT like rough stubble, or bearded "Hipsters".

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »
The majority of males are mostly clean shaven still so def not an epidemic. Funny how many are making fun of those who have beards as being "followers" when the same can be said of them using that logic.
They follow the no facial hair trend that was engrained in them previously....Much prefer keeping an open mind and if it looks good on that person then who cares?

Yes, I have a beard currently. It's like many things (hairstyles, clothes, etc.) Some look stupid on guys and some don't. I actually think they don't look as good on those with "baby faces" as it looks weird for a guy that has a 17 year old face to have one. At a recent wedding I was at there was a photographer that had a super young face but had a pretty typical "hipster" beard with those handle bar mustaches. Looked hilarious.

If you're referring to my post I stated that these same dicks suddenly button shirts up to neck, brush hair sideways like Hitler youth, have tattoos up wrist and skinny jeans. Fast forward five years they will change identity again. No individuality. They are capricious and have no self identity.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
If you're referring to my post I stated that these same dicks suddenly button shirts up to neck, brush hair sideways like Hitler youth, have tattoos up wrist and skinny jeans. Fast forward five years they will change identity again. No individuality. They are capricious and have no self identity.

I wish I had hair so I could brush it, although probably not sideways. Most people's appearance evolves over time. Some people are trend setters while others are trend followers.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2015, 05:47:30 PM »
I've got a baby face so I always require at minimum some stubble, but normally end up with something D'artagnan-esque as that is what the Mr[']s prefers

Fixed?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2015, 01:00:00 AM »
"Mr[']s prefers"

I am probably dense, but what the shit does this mean? If sexual encounter opportunities are better for guys with beards, tell me now. I don't have much time left for these things.  :(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
If you are old enough you can see how theses fads come and go. This beard thing started with young men about 10 years ago and exploded 5 years ago. Most look unkempt and dirty looking. I know the look. A button down shirt that's a short sleeve casual shirt with a beard sporting arm tattoos. Another couple of years it will fad. It's just like when I was a kid and everyone had a short hair. Long sloppy ungroomed hair came heavy in the late 60's and lasted heavy till the late 70's. Disco came in then groomed hair cuts and decent but wacky clothes came around. Now it's the lumberjack metrosexual look.

Wearing quality dress shoes, GQ clothes, and a decent quality haircut will never go out of style. 

Uncle Joon

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2015, 01:26:42 AM »
I wish I had hair so I could brush it, although probably not sideways. Most people's appearance evolves over time. Some people are trend setters while others are trend followers.
have a hair transplant

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2015, 02:31:29 AM »

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2015, 02:36:13 AM »
also......

fucking hipsters, ruin everything.
beard to a man = mane to a lion
im seriously going to punch in the face the first hipster i find today, almost ruined what man has been doing since the dawn of a time (or the dawn of man, depending on your beliefs)
but it can never be ruined, such is the power of the beard.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2015, 04:48:06 AM »
I shave my head and face once a week.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2015, 04:54:51 AM »
Let's face it, the hipsters ruined it for everyone.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2015, 05:02:09 AM »
Something you may be missing here.

Hipsters who have a beard, are not ruining your beard, nor ruining your plans for one.

If you actually want a beard, but are only staying clean shaved instead because you're worried that people might label you a 'hipster' or a 'follower', you are something worse than a hipster....

You are a little bitch!

Grow a bread, or don't. If I wanted to converse on the topic of grooming, I'd have just sent Pellius a pm.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
Something you may be missing here.

Hipsters who have a beard, are not ruining your beard, nor ruining your plans for one.

If you actually want a beard, but are only staying clean shaved instead because you're worried that people might label you a 'hipster' or a 'follower', you are something worse than a hipster....

You are a little bitch!

Grow a bread, or don't. If I wanted to converse on the topic of grooming, I'd have just sent Pellius a pm.

If that's you under your name there (<---), you've got a fine beard, friend. On a handsome face, I'll add. Now, do you consider your style what the kids these days are calling "hipster"?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2015, 01:19:01 PM »
have a hair transplant

From where? I don't want my chest, back or pubic hair on my head. What little I have on my scalp is very fine, always has been. Wigs and toupees are not my thing. In the winter, I wear a hat to keep my head warm.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »
I shave my head and face once a week.

This is pretty much my routine also.