Author Topic: Funk's wet dream  (Read 2464 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Funk's wet dream
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 12:25:02 PM »
I had a ton of really old mags as a kid............bought them in a second hand bookstore,wish I had them now.

Clancy Ross
Grimek
Reeves
Dellinger
etc. etc.

All gone.

Slik,I believe that Funk has some original barbell plates from Zuvers gym if I`m not mistaken.
i tossed all my old mags years ago too. Trying to make up for it now.

I have te original 21 foot statue outside, lil Z inside and two 50 lb Zuver plates. Those identical  fifty pounders sold for 4 k a few years back. Not to me.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »
;D
i have one pair of only 3 that were entirely painted gold by bob Zuver and gifted to his friend bill peanuts west of the orinal west coast barbell.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 12:30:29 PM »
Silk, weren't some neighbors complaining about the Zuverman statue being out front of your gym?
Great stuff BTW. (Saw the pics on your site).
I spent some time with Robert Zuver at last years AOBS, I believe he will be there again in OCT...
ive stayed w bob n he's come out here to stay w me. Great guy. Some old lady said her granddaughter was afraid of the big naked man haha. Wrote to the local paper what an eyesore he is. At the toWn meeting half the gym showed up and stood up for me and big Z. It was really cool.

The township loves him. Tourist come takes pix all the time and he is listed on the national registry of roadside attractions.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »
Silk, weren't some neighbors complaining about the Zuverman statue being out front of your gym?
Great stuff BTW. (Saw the pics on your site).
I spent some time with Robert Zuver at last years AOBS, I believe he will be there again in OCT...
Slik. Silk. The Id is a powerful thing.  ;D 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »
Physiques were pretty awesome back then.