Author Topic: Dear Buffalo Bills  (Read 3071 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Dear Buffalo Bills
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
How so? 46 players in their 20's and a young O line.

Absolutely the team as a whole is not that old, but obviously everyone who is reasonable about them is thinking about what happens to Brady throughout the season.

He is no spring chicken.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »
They actually have a relatively young team  ::)  Besides, Brady is showing no signs of slowing down. He has 7 TDs and 0 ints already.

Unfortunately, the franchise may rest on the shoulders of a 38 year old quarterback. Who knows if they will remain a good team when Brady leaves. Look at what happened with the Dolphins after Marino left  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2015, 06:11:31 PM »
They actually have a relatively young team  ::)  Besides, Brady is showing no signs of slowing down. He has 7 TDs and 0 ints already.

Unfortunately, the franchise may rest on the shoulders of a 38 year old quarterback. Who know if they will remain a good team when Brady leaves. Look at what happened with the Dolphins after Marino left  :-\

MIA was never good lol.  Broke my heart every year. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 06:21:51 PM »
MIA was never good lol.  Broke my heart every year. 
They were good in the mid 80's. Marino got them to a superbowl. The point was that Marino actually gave the Dolphins hope and a chance to win. They have been mostly a disappointment (save a decent year here or there) since he left. Tannehill is one of the first QBs that might actually develop into a good quarterback (besides Pennington)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »
They were good in the mid 80's. Marino got them to a superbowl. The point was that Marino actually gave the Dolphins hope and a chance to win. They have been mostly a disappointment (save a decent year here or there) since he left. Tannehill is one of the first QBs that might actually develop into a good quarterback (besides Pennington)

His Rookie year he did, but that was it... lost like a bitch.

Did get the playoffs in the late 90s with Jimmy Johnson I recall.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »
His Rookie year he did, but that was it... lost like a bitch.

Did get the playoffs in the late 90s with Jimmy Johnson I recall.
Yes, but he is a Hall of Fame quarterback. Obviously he was good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
Marino broke our hearts for years.  every year, just close enough.  all those last minute drives, he put them in lots of those positions.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 07:07:36 PM »
Yes, but he is a Hall of Fame quarterback. Obviously he was good.

No doubt he was good. He had all the numbers, just none of the rings.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
I wouldn't go that far. The Seahawks are still the team to beat in the NFC west. ) 0-2 is not good, but a team like that can climb out of it.

The 2 games they have with the Cardinals will probably go a long way in deciding the division.  Or maybe the Seahawks wont be all that good this year.......Ravens 0-2 Saints 0-2.......Seattle will probably be battling for the division again though.

Doesn't matter if they win their div...If they lose tonight against GB, it's like being back 3 games for home field. They certainly aren't going into GB in the winter and beating GB in a playoff game. Lose tonight against GB and they can basically forget about a SB run...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »

Marino was a one trick pony who was so selfish about his stats that he fucked his team. Many teams let the coke head throw between the 20s all day...They knew he was never going to hand it off. He made it to the Superbowl his rookie year and never again...

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2015, 07:32:22 PM »

;D

That footsie stuff with his wife is bizarre.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2015, 08:12:05 PM »
Marino was a one trick pony who was so selfish about his stats that he fucked his team. Many teams let the coke head throw between the 20s all day...They knew he was never going to hand it off. He made it to the Superbowl his rookie year and never again...

That might be a little harsh..... Marino was the precursor to today's NFL. His career, the 80s and early 90s, took place during the ground and pound era, it wasn't until the last 5 years before any of his season records were even being sniffed,  for years no one came close and now it's nothing to throw for 5000 yards.

He had no dominant tail back, Elway was considered a loser until he got Terell Davis. I think he had Sammie Smith and Bernie Parmelle. Jimmy Johnson tried to help him with Cecil Collins and Kareem Abdul Jabra.

He didn't win a Superbowl but during his peak no one from the AFC did.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2015, 04:47:23 AM »
;D

That footsie stuff with his wife is bizarre.

:D ;D

466 yards, 3 TD's... How are those properly inflated balls working out?