Author Topic: NY METS 2015 NLCS CHAMPIONS  (Read 11446 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: NY METS 2015 NL EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »
Even though I root for the pinstripes, I watch a ton of mets too. Mostly because I love the game but also because it's fun to turn on wfan and listen to mets fans lose it. Easily the most self deprecating fan base in ny.

Also, I think I see frank luntz 2 seats next to larry king. Nice seats.

As I root for the pinstripes too......I can't help but respect how f'n awesome a rotation of Harvey / DeGromm / Syndergaard / Matz could be......

This feels like their year the way the playoffs are shaking out.  If they spend the $$ on bats next year to compliment guys like Conforto, they will be very tough.
Y

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: NY METS 2015 NL EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
FUCK UTLEY!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: NY METS 2015 NLDS CHAMPIONS
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 07:25:47 AM »
THE AMAZING METS!!!!.....won this last game without Wright, Cespedes, or Duda.......Daniel Murphy was a one man machine!....deGrom and Murphy are probably co-MVP's for this series....just think about what our rotation would be like if Wheeler comes back strong...our pitching rotation would be set for the next 8-10 years ;D

Also the old warrior, Bartolo Colon pitched well in this series as well....oldest pitcher to strike out the side in a playoff game since 1933

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 08:17:03 AM »
Bring on the Cubs!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 09:02:07 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »
THE AMAZING METS!!!!.....won this last game without Wright, Cespedes, or Duda.......Daniel Murphy was a one man machine!....deGrom and Murphy are probably co-MVP's for this series....just think about what our rotation would be like if Wheeler comes back strong...our pitching rotation would be set for the next 8-10 years ;D

Also the old warrior, Bartolo Colon pitched well in this series as well....oldest pitcher to strike out the side in a playoff game since 1933

I would say the rotation is set 4 years.   Some will leave for free agency, some will get hurt....etc...
Y

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 07:07:32 AM »
Good pitching beats good hitting. If the Mets starters deliver as promised, and the Mets relievers can hold it down until they get to Familia, I think the Mets can advance.

Also, the Mets middle of the lineup needs to do more than it has been.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 08:35:45 AM »
Good pitching beats good hitting.

Myth.

Scoring more runs than your opponent beats the other team.  Can happen with good pitching, good hitting, good defense, and luck.  Or a combination of any/all of them.
Y

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
Mets are in beast mode!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 06:39:17 AM »
Mets are in beast mode!

Agreed....Daniel Murphy and deGrom are the MVP's so far.......Mets pitching is just so overwhelming.....

and a lot of peole forget we got Noah Syndergarrd and our starting catcher, d'Arnaund, in the Dickey trade with Toronto

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
Agreed....Daniel Murphy and deGrom are the MVP's so far.......Mets pitching is just so overwhelming.....

and a lot of peole forget we got Noah Syndergarrd and our starting catcher, d'Arnaund, in the Dickey trade with Toronto

That was a great deal. Alderson deserves a lot of credit for that one. Would be nice to see them close it out tonight.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
That was a great deal. Alderson deserves a lot of credit for that one. Would be nice to see them close it out tonight.

YEP

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
I'm concerned about Cespedes injury. They need him for final push.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 10:22:02 PM »

Blue Jays fans haven't forgotten let me assure you.  :'(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:37 AM »

2017 1-2 of Syndergaard / Hoffman........not.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NY METS 2015 NLCS CHAMPIONS
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »
1962 the historic mets first year,,,, you had to be pretty good to win 10 games on that team.... pic'd is marvelous marv the lowest rated full time first basemen ever...
F

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »

I have to admit I was on the fence about the trade at the time because it was hard to conceive of dealing a 20 game winner......he Mets justified it as them getting younger and that d'Arnuaud was a "can't miss"...Syndergarrd was sort of an afterthought...although it was known he had a good arm......

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
I'm concerned about Cespedes injury. They need him for final push.

They ae now saying he hurt it playing golf earlier in the day

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »
They ae now saying he hurt it playing golf earlier in the day

I hope he's GTG by Tuesday. They need the bats in the AL park.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
2017 1-2 of Syndergaard / Hoffman........not.

i'm fine with the Jays dealing Hoffman just so we could say good riddance to Reyes.
he was killing the team at shortstop and has an unmoveable contract.

but yeah, "Thor" - Stroman - Osuna - Sanchez - even Hutchison (all age 25 and under) would look nice.

I don't even want the Jays to compete that hard to resign Price.  
especially if we're talking the $200M neighbourhood.
he's not even the "go to" Ace in the playoffs.  
they trusted Stroman more than Price to start game 5 vs Texas.
now ... if Price can pitch a gem tomorrow night to extend the series, maybe i'll change my tune haha

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:39 PM »
I have to admit I was on the fence about the trade at the time because it was hard to conceive of dealing a 20 game winner......he Mets justified it as them getting younger and that d'Arnuaud was a "can't miss"...Syndergarrd was sort of an afterthought...although it was known he had a good arm......

for the Jays, just way too much top shelf young talent to give up for a fly ball pitcher coming off a career year with a gimmick pitch and moving him to the bandboxes (and against the power lineups) of the AL East.

but Dickey's eaten over 650 innings during his 3 seasons in Toronto so at least there's that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
i'm fine with the Jays dealing Hoffman just so we could say good riddance to Reyes.
he was killing the team at shortstop and has an unmoveable contract.

but yeah, "Thor" - Stroman - Osuna - Sanchez - even Hutchison (all age 25 and under) would look nice.

I don't even want the Jays to compete that hard to resign Price.  
especially if we're talking the $200M neighbourhood.
he's not even the "go to" Ace in the playoffs.  
they trusted Stroman more than Price to start game 5 vs Texas.
now ... if Price can pitch a gem tomorrow night to extend the series, maybe i'll change my tune haha

Since you are a smart baseball mind, I'm guessing you believe the Price thing in the playoffs is likely sample size.

But you never know.....

Anyway, I have the Cubs going all in on him.  Just a guess.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »
Since you are a smart baseball mind, I'm guessing you believe the Price thing in the playoffs is likely sample size.

But you never know.....

Anyway, I have the Cubs going all in on him.  Just a guess.

yeah, it is SSS ... I don't think Price is "choking" or anything.  
He has pitched great in some very big games in his past.
Game 163 vs Texas in 2013 comes to mind.

Price's last couple of starts of the regular season weren't strong outings (which probably will cost him the Cy) so he hasn't just suddenly lost it because it's "the playoffs."  Not that I think he's lost it haha.  But he has pitched a shitload of innings the past few years.

Price is a different kind of cat tho.  In interviews after his sub-par opening game loss to Texas in the ALDS, he openly blamed his shaky performance on his "nerves." And that was pitching in front of a friendly home crowd.  I know that all the "stars" obviously are human and most probably get butterflies buzzing around, but I don't know if you want your veteran hired gun Ace being so honest with the media and admitting his nervousness (in a negative way) during a big game.  How should that make Marcus Stroman feel taking the ball the next day? ... or Osuna, the team's 20 year old closer?

Jays Aces of the past (there have been so few of them) ... Halladay ... Clemens (97-98) ... Hentgen (96) ... Stewart (93) ... Cone & Morris (92) ... Stieb (80s) sure as hell wouldn't admit that.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2015, 11:15:03 AM »
i'm rooting for the Mets but looks like the Royals have the "magic."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
i'm rooting for the Mets but looks like the Royals have the "magic."

They do appear to be a pesky bunch....they never gave up....and Harvey might be tired...he never got his fastball above 93-94 MPH....he's usually 96-100