Author Topic: Dialysis Mr. O - place your bets  (Read 9967 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Dialysis Mr. O - place your bets
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 05:54:10 PM »
Daz Ball had horrible genetics for bb'ing to begin with. A true mental illness in action. Tried to overcome his flaws with ridiculous drug abuse, turned out you still need certain genetics to be a pro. Fukkin retard.

Rather extreme.
Have you reached a higher level than Daz in Bodybuilding.
Why the Hate.
Do you know Daz..???
I do.

While I think Daz went To High & to long on his drug usage
None of us truly know what he was doing.
Only he does.
And I doubt if his going to say.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
It's not that extreme. Kidney failure alone rarely kills, the trouble is that the kidneys regulate potassium and phosphorus and high levels of these  can stop the heart straight out/deposit calcium in arteries causing a heart attack. Kidney failure on its own you wouldn't even know someone was sick by looking at him but many are elderly and usually diabetic, have heart trouble and other serious ailments. Dialysis makes people feel better but if the person isn't following the kidney diet or fluid restrictions they and up having to have more fluid taken off them by the machine so instead of a litre being taken off they could have many litres having to get taken out of them and this is what leads to headaches and nausea and cramps etc through extreme dehydration.

lol yes kidney failure, not big deal :D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »
Is that a recent don long pic?

Id say don long,he looked huge after transplant,not sure if he still is though.

He looks really bad right now. All drugs. Also, it looks like he lost a couple of inches. Herniated discs perhaps?

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »

He looks really bad right now. All drugs. Also, it looks like he lost a couple of inches. Herniated discs perhaps?

lotta funny shit posted on getbig tonight.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »
LOL AGREED Where is this BROSCIENCE COMING FROM !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!    Not that bad???  Are you F'N kidding me?!!?     Exactly the mentality of this generation... We are all doomed
He meant it's not that bad of a price to pay compared to infinite IFBB glory.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »
WRONG, wow
Please don't miss lead the folks here
Renal failure leads to dialysis which is a very tricky proposition with many issues, too many to describe here.  Renal failure is deadly
My best friend is on dialysis (non bodybuilder), trust me man, I know it inside out, I used bring him to the dialysis unit and collect him for the first few months when they wouldnt let him drive after a dialysis session. Im not saying renal failure isnt serious, but people dying left right and centre is exagerrated. Plus the people who die all have other serious conditions too

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 09:59:18 PM »
lol yes kidney failure, not big deal :D
I didn't say it wasn'ta big deal. But, and I stand by this, things can be kept under control once on dialysis with proper diet and fluid intake. Unlike say cancer which keeps attacking you, you can live on dialysis for many years if you stick to the proper food and rules.

Frank Reynolds

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 11:27:41 PM »
Someone say Daz Ball? *W8M8 signal initiated*

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 01:27:33 AM »
Someone say Daz Ball? *W8M8 signal initiated*
She wasn't a fan of daz if memory served

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 02:20:08 AM »

Have you reached a higher level than Daz in Bodybuilding.
Why the Hate.
Do you know Daz..???
I do.

While I think Daz went To High & to long on his drug usage
None of us truly know what he was doing.
Only he does.
And I doubt if his going to say.

I have seen him quite some years ago live on stage and told my friend "THis fella won't end well", it was obvious dude was out of his mind regarding drugs, you just can tell while looking at some. Some look healthy and well even when very big and this fella just looked like something went wrong. Horrible genetics for that anyway, if you know him you should've been one of these who told him that he should just stop, but I guess mots of the "friends" around enjoyed seeing how fella is fucking himself up and felt better about themselves.

Simple Simon

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:43 AM »
I have seen him quite some years ago live on stage and told my friend "THis fella won't end well", it was obvious dude was out of his mind regarding drugs, you just can tell while looking at some. Some look healthy and well even when very big and this fella just looked like something went wrong. Horrible genetics for that anyway, if you know him you should've been one of these who told him that he should just stop, but I guess mots of the "friends" around enjoyed seeing how fella is fucking himself up and felt better about themselves.

and still looks like hes juicing after getting his mothers kidney.

Frank Reynolds

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 06:32:26 AM »
She wasn't a fan of daz if memory served

Understatement.  8)

chillchand

• Getbig I
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 06:37:12 AM »
Sorry, not one to post much. Usually just visit for info and laughs at some of your antics here.

But as a dialysis nurse for 16 years, I couldn't help but to chime in.

First the need for dialysis is a direct result of organ failure, it is very serious. Without some form of renal replacement therapy, the end stage renal disease patient will die. That's partially the reason why you may have seen some die from skipping one treatment. And it probably wasn't the first time they had skipped. This group is notorious for noncompliance with their therapy and honestly I can't blame them. They can't eat or drink anything. You think eating clean is a challenge, their diet is tough. And they do it to survive. So I do the best I can to teach them and encourage them to do what they need to do to live a long happy life. I've had patients who have lived on dialysis for over 20 years and some who don't make it a couple years. And yes there are some who say that isn't how they want to live their lives and sign off and die. If that's their decision, then I respect that.

Now to discuss the original thought of someone who has received a transplant and continues to do things that might potentially harm the new kidney. My feeling is that it is very disrespectfull to endanger the new kidney. The transplanted kidney survives in a body that could turn and attack it at any point, so might thought is to do whatever it takes to protect it. Someone either had to go thru a very painful surgery to donate the kidney or if it was a cadaver kidney, then someone died to give that kidney or organ. And after having had a family member be an organ donor, you would hope that the person that receives the gift of life and a 2nd chance would be thankful enough to protect it with all they can do. It doesn't always work out but all anyone can ask is to do your best. So in my mind if you are fortunate enough to receive a kidney, you should honour that gift and take care of it. Sure, go about your life and live it to the fullest. Excercise, bodybuild, but do it the right way. Do it under a doctor's guidance and for heavens sake don't put anything into your body that will harm that kidney.  

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 06:45:06 AM »
My best friend is on dialysis (non bodybuilder), trust me man, I know it inside out, I used bring him to the dialysis unit and collect him for the first few months when they wouldnt let him drive after a dialysis session. Im not saying renal failure isnt serious, but people dying left right and centre is exagerrated. Plus the people who die all have other serious conditions too

Not interested in arguing, however, inside and out, is something I know about far to well. Having a friend using dialysis is sad, undergoing dialysis is horrible, knowing all about it is another level, I doubt either of you understand fully.
Your sample is very very small, trust me, all die from renal failure eventually. No dialysis access lasts forever and eventually all anatomic options are eventually exhausted. Many many other conditions / illnesses are directly related to renal failure.
Sad indeed.
All the best to your friend.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 07:15:25 AM »
Savolainen must have been the best bodybuilder in Scandinavia ever! To bad he couldent continue...

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 08:11:06 AM »
Sorry, not one to post much. Usually just visit for info and laughs at some of your antics here.

First the need for dialysis is a direct result of organ failure, it is very serious. Without some form of renal replacement therapy, the end stage renal disease patient will die. That's partially the reason why you may have seen some die from skipping one treatment. And it probably wasn't the first time they had skipped. This group is notorious for noncompliance with their therapy and honestly I can't blame them. They can't eat or drink anything. You think eating clean is a challenge, their diet is tough. And they do it to survive. So I do the best I can to teach them and encourage them to do what they need to do to live a long happy life. I've had patients who have lived on dialysis for over 20 years and some who don't make it a couple years. And yes there are some who say that isn't how they want to live their lives and sign off and die. If that's their decision, then I respect that.

Now to discuss the original thought of someone who has received a transplant and continues to do things that might potentially harm the new kidney. My feeling is that it is very disrespectfull to endanger the new kidney. The transplanted kidney survives in a body that could turn and attack it at any point, so might thought is to do whatever it takes to protect it. Someone either had to go thru a very painful surgery to donate the kidney or if it was a cadaver kidney, then someone died to give that kidney or organ. And after having had a family member be an organ donor, you would hope that the person that receives the gift of life and a 2nd chance would be thankful enough to protect it with all they can do. It doesn't always work out but all anyone can ask is to do your best. So in my mind if you are fortunate enough to receive a kidney, you should honour that gift and take care of it. Sure, go about your life and live it to the fullest. Excercise, bodybuild, but do it the right way. Do it under a doctor's guidance and for heavens sake don't put anything into your body that will harm that kidney.  

Well said !

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 08:31:44 AM »
dam long looks fucked up in every sort of way

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2015, 08:35:59 AM »
I appreciate both your input vascsurgeon and chillchand. Fistulas forever

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »

Sir That is one Hell of a 1st post
Very well said.

The problem is we are Humans & the seeds
Of self destruction can run Deep.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
What about Chris Dim? He had major heart surgery and went back to competing (very unsuccessfully health wise) after this. I know it isn't kidneys but it's still pissing away your second chance at life

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »
What about Chris Dim? He had major heart surgery and went back to competing (very unsuccessfully health wise) after this. I know it isn't kidneys but it's still pissing away your second chance at life

He was just trying to make his family name proud. Noble, albeit ill-fated endeavour.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2015, 02:07:41 PM »

Daz is / was a grown man... I know him
Can't say as A Close Friend.
Have been to his gym
Several times & trained with him.
Tried to give my opinions & advice.
Probably like a lot of others.
As for his Genetics Clearly not the best for top level
Competition. Though he has looked very good at times
And when not at his Heaviest.
Your dislike & ridicule of him I don't quite follow.
Has he done Something personal towards you.

Ah yes I forgot this is GetBig.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »
Kris Dim, somepeople never learn, I believe hhe's paralysed now

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
Kris Dim, somepeople never learn, I believe hhe's paralysed now

Jeez. Not good.
If that is true.

Caused by...??
If you know.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel