Author Topic: X-Files is back  (Read 8596 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: X-Files is back
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
I watched it this season, wasn't a fan... lame...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »

I thought it was good. More Dark and dismal than before.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »

Glad I didn't bother. I knew this would happen... too much modern programming and films try too hard to bank on nostalgia. In other words "THIS USED TO EXIST, WOW!" without any real thought going into whether or not people would care about the new season 20 years down the line.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »
Glad I didn't bother. I knew this would happen... too much modern programming and films try too hard to bank on nostalgia. In other words "THIS USED TO EXIST, WOW!" without any real thought going into whether or not people would care about the new season 20 years down the line.

For hardcore X-files fans, it was a great experience. Was it better than the original series? No.

But if you were never a huge xfiles fan to begin with, then its going to be easy to pick it apart. It definitely is worth watching if you love xfiles and science fiction.
X

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »
For hardcore X-files fans, it was a great experience. Was it better than the original series? No.

But if you were never a huge xfiles fan to begin with, then its going to be easy to pick it apart. It definitely is worth watching if you love xfiles and science fiction.

I grew up watching the show, and am a huge fan of the first six seasons.

Which is one reason why I was afraid to get near this. I didn't want to be disappointed, and it didn't help that 90% of the feedback I was hearing was negative.

Your opinion has given me some hope.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
I grew up watching the show, and am a huge fan of the first six seasons.

Which is one reason why I was afraid to get near this. I didn't want to be disappointed, and it didn't help that 90% of the feedback I was hearing was negative.

Your opinion has given me some hope.

What do you have to lose by watching it? You spend all day posting on getbig, so its not like it would take a considerable amount of time away from your day to watch 6 episodes.  :D :D :D
X

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »
Some things were just magic as you were younger.

The X Files to me was almost like a documentary feel. The great charm was that I explored the notion of aliens and mystic stuff in that period and you felt like "the truth" really was "out there".

Now it's all internet and google era where you can check everything and everything is "out there" to be seen. You see an actor and search the imdb pics and the magic is gone. So I think the original generation is too old for it and the new one is not impressed.

I miss being open minded.

I hope VR is taking me to new places soon, some real intense experiences almost like the greatest of them all, dreams.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »
Some things were just magic as you were younger.

The X Files to me was almost like a documentary feel. The great charm was that I explored the notion of aliens and mystic stuff in that period and you felt like "the truth" really was "out there".

Now it's all internet and google era where you can check everything and everything is "out there" to be seen. You see an actor and search the imdb pics and the magic is gone. So I think the original generation is too old for it and the new one is not impressed.

I miss being open minded.

I hope VR is taking me to new places soon, some real intense experiences almost like the greatest of them all, dreams.

Yeah it's true. People have always lived in the myth. Now days people are born in a society that doesn't have history. I agree with a lot what C.G Jung said that not living in the myth is not even normal, for example now days people's expectations have risen to unnatural levels, thanks to fast access to information or whatever else. Anything you want to know, anything you want to have you can find from your pocket. There is no higher meaning to anything anymore.