Author Topic: Carson: "Gravity, where did it come from?"  (Read 9055 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Carson: "Gravity, where did it come from?"
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »
There are many unexplained things in this universe that will never be answered.   

Really now? NEVER? Can you tell us one such unexplained thing that is in this Universe and will NEVER be answered?

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
I buy into INTELLIGENT thinking.

Carson is either fucking ignorant - a brain surgeon that doesn't believe a single person was on this planet 6000 years ago - OR he's a liar who is pandering to the base who literally believes 6000 years ago, there was no planet, no sun, no universe, etc.

I love huck's approach - "we cannot take everything in the Bible LITERALLY, I don't think anyone rode in the belly of a whale, etc" - I dislike when people want to win toothless Iowa hillbillies so badly that they're willing to shit on things like facts and science.

it's ENTIRELY possible to respect the Lord and admit this rock and this ocean was actually here, 7000 years ago.

Wow.  You and I actually agree on something.  I don't know who is advising him to dumb it down, or if this is a strategy of his own making.  It may guarantee him his republican voters but it will certainly lose him independents that were on the fence

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »
Wow.  You and I actually agree on something.  I don't know who is advising him to dumb it down, or if this is a strategy of his own making.  It may guarantee him his republican voters but it will certainly lose him independents that were on the fence

Getbiggers are embarassed to take positions on the 6000 year thing.   "The entire planet was created 6000 years ago" - the amount of science telling us the age of rocks, etc... the planets, etc...

Ugh... 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 04:00:39 AM »

Do you believe this entire planet was created in six days?

Most people are proud to answer either way. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »

coach,

do you believe, like carson, that the planet is only about 6000 years old?

Or do you side with the scientists saying the earth is about 4 billion years old?

or you aren't sure?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
Rob, this isn't just about Carson. You do this with every viable candidate that threatens the candidates you want in. Are you offended that I called you liberal? That's how you view a personal attack? Most liberals can't say why they're a liberal.

Coach, define Liberal

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 12:22:53 PM »
I'm for women having a choice about abortion

I'm against affirmative action

I'm for the death penalty if there is empirical evidence to support the conviction that makes an error near impossible

I believe in the free market system

I'm for Embyonic Stem Cell Research

I'm for euthanasia and physician assisted suicide

I believe humans have impacted global warming but I don't really care

I believe in the individual right to own guns but I believe there should be some restrictions imposed on who and type

I support legal immigration, but I know closing the borders is a fantasy. I don't believe illegal immigrants have any rights to social benefits and education, but I don't care if they aren't deported

I believe in the strict separation of church and state, the government has no business in religion.

Same sex marriage doesn't bother me

Lower taxes and small government. Government should very limited in their intrusion into our lives

War in Iraq was a mistake

Am I liberal or conservative?

I think most people are a mixture   

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 12:28:17 PM »
I'm for women having a choice about abortion

I'm against affirmative action

I'm for the death penalty if there is empirical evidence to support the conviction that makes an error near impossible

I believe in the free market system

I'm for Embyonic Stem Cell Research

I'm for euthanasia and physician assisted suicide

I believe humans have impacted global warming but I don't really care

I believe in the individual right to own guns but I believe there should be some restrictions imposed on who and type

I support legal immigration, but I know closing the borders is a fantasy. I don't believe illegal immigrants have any rights to social benefits and education, but I don't care if they aren't deported

I believe in the strict separation of church and state, the government has no business in religion.

Same sex marriage doesn't bother me

Lower taxes and small government. Government should very limited in their intrusion into our lives

War in Iraq was a mistake

Am I liberal or conservative?

I think most people are a mixture   

Most are...

You are highly libertarian.

Which I find odd considering that you are a part of the government you wish to be smaller.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
Most are...

You are highly libertarian.

Which I find odd considering that you are a part of the government you wish to be smaller.

I'm conservative on crime, but not all crime. I believe we are wasting money and lives on the war on drugs. Should be decriminalized and regulated like alcohol. The behavior is punished not the possession.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »
Getbiggers are embarassed to take positions on the 6000 year thing.   "The entire planet was created 6000 years ago" - the amount of science telling us the age of rocks, etc... the planets, etc...

Ugh...  

Well, before they had O'Reilly..

Now they have the argument "Carson is a neurosurgeon, you can't be smarter than a neurosurgeon so you can't refute him".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »

You never answered the question.  Do you believe the creationist 7th like Carson?  The earth is only 5000 to 6000 years old?
Do you think evolution is a lie?

Most people with strong beliefs have no problem admitting them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 10:38:23 PM »
He's taking major flak for the anti evolution thing. 

He spoke about it on his book tour.  Completely dodged it.  Pandering to the base in a hugely obvious way.  Answers without sayig a thing. 

80% of Carson supporters said they may pick another candidate, only 20% firm. 
Spent 11 million to raise 20 mil. 

Selling a book.  Huck for the win!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2015, 12:12:13 PM »
He's taking major flak for the anti evolution thing. 

He spoke about it on his book tour.  Completely dodged it.  Pandering to the base in a hugely obvious way.  Answers without sayig a thing. 

80% of Carson supporters said they may pick another candidate, only 20% firm. 
Spent 11 million to raise 20 mil. 

Selling a book.  Huck for the win!

God help us

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2015, 01:30:03 PM »
even huck didn't take the Bible literally though.

Carson is outright scary. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »

I would vote for uncle Herman before Carson

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 07:19:48 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2015, 10:35:30 AM »
I'm watching this neil degrasse tyson series "cosmos" on netflix.

it's such a huge gap between him and carson.   This man is telling us about the origins of life and the universe based upon tangible science.   Carson has made-up theories about pyramids and grain.

I guess I have to ask about the mental gaps of those supporting carson.   You don't care about fact, do you?  it's all emotion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »
watching details on how sea creatures developed vision over thousands of generations.

How can Carson understand the brain if he cannot understand something as simple as how the eye developed ability to focus and control light?

I'm more convinced than ever that he understands evolution in a big way - and just lies about it to suck up to people that will be buying his book and watching his FOX tv show next year. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2015, 11:59:02 AM »
I'm watching this neil degrasse tyson series "cosmos" on netflix.

it's such a huge gap between him and carson.   This man is telling us about the origins of life and the universe based upon tangible science.   Carson has made-up theories about pyramids and grain.

I guess I have to ask about the mental gaps of those supporting carson.   You don't care about fact, do you?  it's all emotion.

Ben carson is a intellectual infant compared to Tyson, I really feel like he is a huge fucking lie.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »
Ben carson is a intellectual infant compared to Tyson, I really feel like he is a huge fucking lie.

he's good at brain surgery.  But that is it.  

He's been wrong on the simplest things regarding history and politics.

I'm really getting into this tyson series and writings.  I find it not insulting, but something wose, when an educated person stands up and says this planet, this universe, is only 6000 years old.  It's disingenuous.  This vast and changing enormous thing - grand canyons, structures, fossils, tectonic platelet shifts...

I would literally call a person stupid.  Out loud. Over and over.   I would literally ask this person to GTFO because he/she is devolving the human race by even sharing their opinion.   It's that bad.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2015, 12:03:48 PM »
he's good at brain surgery.  But that is it. 

He's been wrong on the simplest things regarding history and politics.

I'm really getting into this tyson series and writings.  I find it not insulting, but something wose, when an educated person stands up and says this planet, this universe, is only 6000 years old.  It's disingenuous. 

I think it bears saying again since you missed it before....Carson has never said he believes the earth is 6000 years old. I supplied you with a quote from him I believe at least 3 weeks ago. Did you not see it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
I think it bears saying again since you missed it before....Carson has never said he believes the earth is 6000 years old. I supplied you with a quote from him I believe at least 3 weeks ago. Did you not see it?

he says he adheres 100% to that 7th day beliefs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2015, 12:06:05 PM »

Ben Carson: 'I Do Believe in the Six-Day Creation' of the World

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/ben-carson-i-believe-six-day-creation-world

Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon, National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine member, and the author of six best-selling books, said he believes in the six-day creation as described in the Bible and that there is abundant geological evidence there was a worldwide flood.

Dr. Carson, who served on the President’s Council of Bioethics and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, also said the very first chapter of the Bible, the book of Genesis, discounts the notion of Darwinian evolution by stating that God created every living thing “after its own kind.”

“But why is it people try so hard to get rid of God?” said Dr. Carson at a Celebration of Creation conference, as reported by the Adventist News Network.

“You go back to the very first chapter in the Bible -- and I’m not a hard and fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old -- but I do believe in the six-day creation,” he said.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
Ben Carson: Evolution Is Satanic and the Big Bang Is a Fairy Tale'

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2015/09/24/ben_carson_anti_science.html

His own quotes.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »
I rest my case.. thank you