Author Topic: Al BECKLES recently  (Read 15764 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Al BECKLES recently
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »
Absolutely. Dickerson is one of the nicest people in or out of bodybuilding I have ever met.
Met him once very briefly in the 70`s........complete gentleman.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »
No clue,but it couldn`t have been very heavy.

I read all this in several bb mags back in the day,but who truly knows how accurate it really could be?

Lotsa disinformation to poorly hide the emerging reliance on gear back then. "They work harder than you" and "elite genetics  ::)"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »
Lotsa disinformation to poorly hide the emerging reliance on gear back then. "They work harder than you" and "elite genetics  ::)"
Very true.

Embellishment Of Peace

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
Racist schmoes?

I recall read a Flex mag where Rick Wayne wrote some horribly derogatory shit saying how ugly Johnny Fuller was.  I'll see if I can find somewhere, but after that I always liked Fuller, just cause he had to put up with something like that, poor dude.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
I recall read a Flex mag where Rick Wayne wrote some horribly derogatory shit saying how ugly Johnny Fuller was.  I'll see if I can find somewhere, but after that I always liked Fuller, just cause he had to put up with something like that, poor dude.
^^
Yes, I remember he also used to call him a "Bete noir", in French that's "Dumb Black" so Rick Wayne definitely had some issues, as he was black himself!!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »
^^
Yes, I remember he also used to call him a "Bete noir", in French that's "Dumb Black" so Rick Wayne definitely had some issues, as he was black himself!!

No it's not, lol!

It means "black beast" it's a compliment.

And there "bete" is spelled "bête". But I know, fuck off French grammar police, lol...

?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
^^
No. It translates as 'black beast,' and is commonly used to refer to a nemesis. 

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2015, 04:30:49 PM »
Peeno noir.....