Author Topic: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a modern day Arnold with more talent  (Read 5306 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a modern day Arnold with more talent
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 06:02:43 AM »
Never heard anyone say, "I am going to go see the new Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson movie."

I have heard, "I am going to go see the new Arnold movie."
Plenty of times.

HTH
a

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 06:14:40 AM »
u got that right yamcha

and the rock aint got shit on stallone

stallone has created 3 successfull movie franchises the rock could never do that

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 06:46:12 AM »
the rock had a great physique in that movie with whalbergh, that was about the only thing i ever was inpressed with by the rock.  stupid movie but had some funny lines, i forget the name of the film, had a few lifting gym scenes in it

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:19 AM »
that would be pain and gain.
The rock is just a poor mans watered down version of arnie for the twinks of today. He's got charisma but no one will remember his films in 20/30 years time and still be quoting his lines.
the rock had a great physique in that movie with whalbergh, that was about the only thing i ever was inpressed with by the rock.  stupid movie but had some funny lines, i forget the name of the film, had a few lifting gym scenes in it

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »
I would love to sit and have a few beers with either one of those guys.  Both seem cool and funny.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »
his movie he headlines anal hercules was a box office disaster like i said the only movies rock has starred in that made money

were established franchises with other stars like fast and furious and gi anal.

rock cant carry a movie on his own, and he isnt no fucking arnold  pls. arnold would smoke him in the  body department if he chose to .

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »
the guy who was born into fame and wealth, hall of fame father and grandfather, connections in wrestling up the ass so handed a spot on a silver platter, easy transition into movies which btw are some of the worst pieces of shit movies to have harrowed the silver screen

vs

the guy who was born in a shithole somewhere in middle-earth, barely spoke a lick of English, worked his ass to travel to the UK then onto the US and dominate an industry he made famous against immense competition, transition into movies which btw are some of the biggest classics of all time - Terminator 1 & 2, Predator, Running man etc all while having no acting experience to speak of.
transition into governor of the most fucking famous state in existence.

this should put to bed any doubt if the above didn't -

trust an stupid fuck American to call Austria a shithole. 

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:51 PM »
And alot less skeletons.  He is the prototype for a Getbigger. All in a days work.

That is all.

...and more camp.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 01:47:41 PM »

Right on man - I mean look at all the millions of people that are trying to get to Austria to live out the "Austrian Dream"   - lol

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 01:43:24 AM »

good thing im not American ey? oh and THE PART of Austria Arnie was from is a shithole compared to the beaches of Miami, i know because I've been there.
it was also intended as a comparison (or rather contrast) of their two backgrounds, a fucking compliment to Arnie you genius.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2015, 03:13:09 AM »
his movie he headlines anal hercules was a box office disaster like i said the only movies rock has starred in that made money

were established franchises with other stars like fast and furious and gi anal.

rock cant carry a movie on his own, and he isnt no fucking arnold  pls. arnold would smoke him in the  body department if he chose to .

Yeah, I think this is the issue. Men like Arnie, Stallone and even JCVD all starred in movies that became iconic. Arnie had Terminator & Predator, Stallone had Rocky & Rambo, JCVD had Bloodsport & Kickboxer.
If Dwyane wants to be remembered as a great action star, he needs a stand out movie that will become a cult classic remembered by future generations. Up until than, he will just be seen more as a novelty actor.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2015, 03:20:57 AM »
Yeah, I think this is the issue. Men like Arnie, Stallone and even JCVD all starred in movies that became iconic. Arnie had Terminator & Predator, Stallone had Rocky & Rambo, JCVD had Bloodsport & Kickboxer.
If Dwyane wants to be remembered as a great action star, he needs a stand out movie that will become a cult classic remembered by future generations. Up until than, he will just be seen more as a novelty actor.

it's timing as well, back then how many physiques like Arnie, Stallone etc were in the public eye? not many at all and the movies were something new and unseen too.
now most movie concepts have been milked a generation ago, not many cult classics in the action genre of film today because they've all been done and re-done decades ago and his acting ability means there's no chance he'll be involved in a cult classic-type movie in a different genre, one which relies on his acting rather than his physique and persona.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2015, 03:56:16 AM »
I don't think this thread has gone the way the OP heeb wanted it to.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2015, 04:09:15 AM »
it's timing as well, back then how many physiques like Arnie, Stallone etc were in the public eye? not many at all and the movies were something new and unseen too.
now most movie concepts have been milked a generation ago, not many cult classics in the action genre of film today because they've all been done and re-done decades ago and his acting ability means there's no chance he'll be involved in a cult classic-type movie in a different genre, one which relies on his acting rather than his physique and persona.

That's true as well. Back in those days, muscular and ripped physiques were rare and most of the other major stars in Hollywood (Ford, Gibson, Keaton, Willis..etc) had dad bods.
Now, all the top Hollywood stars have impressive and conditioned builds. Why get Dwyane to play the role of the action hero when you can just get an established actor...who, after a 4 month cycle, will look every bit the action star.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2015, 05:35:31 AM »
Right on man - I mean look at all the millions of people that are trying to get to Austria to live out the "Austrian Dream"   - lol

I'm not convinced you know where Austria is.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 05:42:26 AM »
At least Arnold admitted to steroids.