Author Topic: Why does the week of a bodybuilding show require a team of chemists today?  (Read 4754 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
If you're in condition, why does it take a guru to help you figure out how to get rid of subcutaneous water and fill out with carbs. They must be doing some pretty hardcore shit if Phil loses 12 lbs from Friday night to Saturday night. wtf are these guys doing?

balzac

• Getbig IV
lasix iv ?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
If you're in condition, why does it take a guru to help you figure out how to get rid of subcutaneous water and fill out with carbs. They must be doing some pretty hardcore shit if Phil loses 12 lbs from Friday night to Saturday night. wtf are these guys doing?

Water manipulation.
By various means.
Can & does make a huge difference
If you get it Right or Wrong.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER

Mostly water manipulation.

Instead of trial and error and learning themselves, pay money and look for the easy way out

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
You ever try competing and doing peak week by yourself? Clearly not

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

Where did the 12lbs figure come from? I do not believe that number. If he dehydrated, he hardly filled with 12lbs of carbs... conversely losing 12lbs in a day is nigh impossible unless one weight was bloated with food, you are very tall and fasted and dehydrated and shat out every orifice.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Mostly water manipulation.

Instead of trial and error and learning themselves, pay money and look for the easy way out

I wouldn't say it's an easy way out.
Some people like or need to have guidance from others.
No different to any other aspect of Life.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

This is why I asked genius.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Where did the 12lbs figure come from? I do not believe that number. If he dehydrated, he hardly filled with 12lbs of carbs... conversely losing 12lbs in a day is nigh impossible unless one weight was bloated with food, you are very tall and fasted and dehydrated and shat out every orifice.

Plenty of different sports men are gaining
Or losing 5,10, 12lbs & more to make weight classes.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES

In one day? I dropped 6kg in 36 hours to make weight for a powerlifting meet, but i am over 6ft tall and lose 7lbs (3+kg) every night. That involved fasting and taking white wine as a diuretic, i cant see that working well for a bodybuilder.

Plenty of different sports men are gaining
Or losing 5,10, 12lbs & more to make weight classes.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Why does the week of a bodybuilding show require a team of chemists today?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 04:18:24 PM »
It can & does work very well for bodybuilders

Like wise it can ruin a physique.

The key is Getting it Right.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »
You mean like Shawn Ray used to do?

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »

I had help one show and placed second in my class. Kept it ultra simple following a protocol (ZERO DIURETICS) taught to me by a buddy who won the Cal - and won. If you are in shape it's not hard - but if you are trying to make up for being out its a total crap shoot. Not to mention diuretics are by far the most dangerous aspect of competing. plenty guys never use more than 1/2 dyazide late night before pre-judge morning

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 04:38:26 PM »
I had help one show and placed second in my class. Kept it ultra simple following a protocol (ZERO DIURETICS) taught to me by a buddy who won the Cal - and won. If you are in shape it's not hard - but if you are trying to make up for being out its a total crap shoot. Not to mention diuretics are by far the most dangerous aspect of competing. plenty guys never use more than 1/2 dyazide late night before pre-judge morning

Care to share the non diuretic formula?

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »

If you're competing at a higher level than you were than diuretics are a MUST they are a MUST to get that look you need to be competitive...But you need to maintain your size as well...If you timed things wrong or your diet was off during the time you were implementing diuretics to a larger degree you would have had a much tougher time in the last week of a prep...anyone can diet 12 weeks out for 8 weeks...But what you do for the last 4 is the most important...You assume everyone is 6% or below so diuretics make a huge difference...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »
Can I assume correctly that todays last week prep on the pro level also consists of bringing one in as full as well as dry as possible so insulin (pharma not your body's) can play a role as well?

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
You're muscles are almost all WATER, why would you want to flatten out? Diuretics are dangerous and not worth it. If you did came in shredded, and have good genetics, you're going to win regardless. People try to rely on too many drugs to hide their lack of genetics, lack of hard working dieting, and poor structure. Kevin Levrone used less than 1g of gear a week and worked out for 3 months before a show and took the rest of the year off. Genetics and discipline are everything in this sport. A natural Hebrew dude with amazing genetics will smoke a guy on 5g of gear a week and popping diuretics trying to become a bodybuilding champion. it's like a 5 ft 5 guy trying to make it in the NBA. if you have shit structure and poor eating habits, just give up on competitive bodybuilding. The people that panic at the last minute trying to come up with all these tricks to look better are doing that because they don't look good enough to win. And if you don't look like you can win the show 2 weeks out, you're wasting ur time.

horseskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
You're muscles are almost all WATER, why would you want to flatten out? Diuretics are dangerous and not worth it. If you did came in shredded, and have good genetics, you're going to win regardless. People try to rely on too many drugs to hide their lack of genetics, lack of hard working dieting, and poor structure. Kevin Levrone used less than 1g of gear a week and worked out for 3 months before a show and took the rest of the year off. Genetics and discipline are everything in this sport. A natural Hebrew dude with amazing genetics will smoke a guy on 5g of gear a week and popping diuretics trying to become a bodybuilding champion. it's like a 5 ft 5 guy trying to make it in the NBA. if you have shit structure and poor eating habits, just give up on competitive bodybuilding. The people that panic at the last minute trying to come up with all these tricks to look better are doing that because they don't look good enough to win. And if you don't look like you can win the show 2 weeks out, you're wasting ur time.
are you trolling? because if you are not trolling than you are completely delusional to think kevin only used 1g a week of gear...

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »

lol you are delusional this is all untrue...I don't blame you i blame the current fitness industry that misinforms people....You also believe lee priest cycled too and only does 2-3 shots of deca every couple months for his joints at 5'4 200lbs with abs  ::)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »

Levrone on less than 1g a week? Lol.

I hate the emphasis on dangerous levels of dehydration but lettuce be reality. Levrone was on a lot more than 1g a week.

Also it is about sub q water, not intramuscular...

Had to cut post short to race to shit while outside. Fucking cheat meal.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »

I hear you man but we're talking about at the highest levels of bodybuilding where they're looking for all edges and this is a major edge whether we like it or not.  The 90s was a real bad decade for bodybuilding because of all the diuretic mishaps. But they continue to play a part in bodybuilding albeit not as much because they want a full look now and not just shredded.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »

You talking to me or the nurse?

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
Levrone ran 600mg test 400mg deca and 200mg winstrol for a pre contest cycle and dropped the test and deca 4 weeks out and added halotestin instead.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »
Levrone ran 600mg test 400mg deca and 200mg winstrol for a pre contest cycle and dropped the test and deca 4 weeks out and added halotestin instead.

He also didnt drink jack daniels and is a good actor.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Gentlemen, please.  I'd like to get the mystery behind the final week of prep out there so people aren't so scared they just get a guru.  There's no need for it to be that way.  I'd like the more natural protocols for water shedding and carb loading.  The potassium/non-potassium sparring diuretic thing is interesting to know as well. I'd like to know the science behind carb loading.  I can find this stuff if I really looked but I want to hear from Getbiggers.