Author Topic: Acura NSX Has 573HP, Hits 191 MPH  (Read 13319 times)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: Acura NSX Has 573HP, Hits 191 MPH
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 06:14:07 AM »
It has "big stupid grills" grills in the front for cooling, where many of the intercoolers go. It is AWD and has electric engines in the front as well. The R8 and the Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 918, Mclaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Lamborghini have big grills up front and they are mid engine (with a few mentioned that have hybrid drive as well).  Sometimes the best place to put the intercoolers is up front.

The designer says, the engineers changed the powertrain halfway through the design process adding a bunch of cooling requirements. That's why it looks half-finished because they had to slap the openings on after the styling was done. Looks like the cooling is for the front side motor...
"

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 06:16:10 AM »
guess it's merited then

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 06:20:53 AM »
People that can afford these cars really don't care if X is faster than B and is 55k cheaper or better value

Many cars are cheaper and faster than ferraris and Porsches for half of the price if not more, but do people give a shit that buy them.... No

Only poor people justify performance per dollar and bang for the buck , hence that's where American cars come in. Nothing cheap about euros and then Japanese

People that can afford these cars really don't care if X is faster than B and is 55k cheaper or better value

I disagree especially when it comes to these guys which fall outside of the higher end marques

Many cars are cheaper and faster than ferraris and Porsches for half of the price if not more, but do people give a shit that buy them.... No

Acura isn't Ferrari or Porsche , people interested in the Acura can't afford a Ferrari or Lamborghini , I don't see the demographic being the same as Porsche , Maybe they're trying to sway potential R8 owner's their way. Same with Corvette owners not Acura's demographic. I would say they're trying to be the premium Japanese car but the GT-R is already well established and it's not really selling great.

The NSX is a niche car in a niche market already , the only real competition is the GT-R or maybe an R8

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 06:23:54 AM »
Why spend so much time and money into a car that no one really wants?  ???
a

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 06:29:13 AM »
Total system power of the 2017 Acura NSX is 573hp – 500hp from the V6 engine and 73hp from the front TMU. Acura estimates that the hybrid supercar can reach a top speed of 191 mph.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/its-official-2017-acura-nsx-has-573hp.html

How will the NSX compete with the Audi R8 V10 and Porsche 911 Turbo?  All three are in the same price range of $155K.

it's a beautiful toy. let's hope they fixed that transmission issue.....I hope the market show Acura some love. the competition is fierce...anyway, the NSX has always been a Poor man Ferrari. it will do well.......watch out, the New Supra is on the way, if only the final product look like this, now, that would be something to compete against

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 07:07:54 AM »
Looks like shit.

The old one is much better looking.

x2

The Acura NSX (old version) is on my list of cars to get. Sadly, you can only find them with damaged interiors. You can find them on ebaymotors for mid 30s

that body style is ageless.
I

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 07:13:22 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 07:22:41 AM »
The designer says, the engineers changed the powertrain halfway through the design process adding a bunch of cooling requirements. That's why it looks half-finished because they had to slap the openings on after the styling was done. Looks like the cooling is for the front side motor...
I think it was originally supposed to be a twin turbo V6, and then they decided to do a hybrid drive. Which means intercoolers and plumbing up front for the Hybrid SHAWD.

But, of course, that's if we are talking about this NSX design. The new NSX design was supposed to be a front/mid engine V10 with SHAWD (Super Handling All Wheel Drive). That designed for canned, but was then resurrected as the HSV-010 GT. Which had a front/mid engine 3.4 liter V8
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSV-010_GT .

And then the new new NSX design (the current one) came out. But...we can go further than that. The old new design for the NSX was the Honda HSC, which debuted at the 2003 Toyko Motor Show. It was not confirmed as a NSX replacement, but the handwriting was on the wall. This I believe had a naturally aspirated V6.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSC .
Bottom line, Honda/Acura, like Toyota/Lexus take too long in the Concept to Market gestation for certain vehicles.

This new NSX was shooting for Ferrari 458 performance, and now the 458 has been replaced with the 488. Just like the original NSX had the FERRARI 308 benchmarked. And that was replaced by the 348 by the time the NSX came out.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 08:18:54 AM »
Why spend so much time and money into a car that no one really wants?  ???

Why wear an armani suit when you can just wear sweat pants and a T-shirt?  Why drive an NSX when you can just drive an old Tercel?  Some people enjoy cars and living well. Also, driving a car that can perform like this one does is a thrilling experience and let's not forget it's a pussy magnet.

Keep in mind, very few people buy two seat cars in this price range.  So, to answer your question, most people don't spend this much. money on a car.  

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 09:09:10 AM »
I think it was originally supposed to be a twin turbo V6, and then they decided to do a hybrid drive. Which means intercoolers and plumbing up front for the Hybrid SHAWD.

But, of course, that's if we are talking about this NSX design. The new NSX design was supposed to be a front/mid engine V10 with SHAWD (Super Handling All Wheel Drive). That designed for canned, but was then resurrected as the HSV-010 GT. Which had a front/mid engine 3.4 liter V8
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSV-010_GT .

And then the new new NSX design (the current one) came out. But...we can go further than that. The old new design for the NSX was the Honda HSC, which debuted at the 2003 Toyko Motor Show. It was not confirmed as a NSX replacement, but the handwriting was on the wall. This I believe had a naturally aspirated V6.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_HSC .
Bottom line, Honda/Acura, like Toyota/Lexus take too long in the Concept to Market gestation for certain vehicles.

This new NSX was shooting for Ferrari 458 performance, and now the 458 has been replaced with the 488. Just like the original NSX had the FERRARI 308 benchmarked. And that was replaced by the 348 by the time the NSX came out.

my feeling is the old nsx was inspired by the 959. The "X" meant it was a platform for new technology.

This new thing looks like an attempt to emulate the 918 spyder except I really don't see what's new in this car technically...? It's a little sad they called it nsx. The whole exercise seems more marketing driven than anything else.

It's probably just that margins are too tight to allow for much serious R&D at honda...hmmm
"

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
Why wear an armani suit when you can just wear sweat pants and a T-shirt?  Why drive an NSX when you can just drive an old Tercel?  Some people enjoy cars and living well. Also, driving a car that can perform like this one does is a thrilling experience and let's not forget it's a pussy magnet.

Keep in mind, very few people buy two seat cars in this price range.  So, to answer your question, most people don't spend this much. money on a car.  

most of getbig still wear Ed Hardy shirts and fanny packs.

when they hear Armani they think of ISIS and  Alcaida

I

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 09:50:11 AM »
my feeling is the old nsx was inspired by the 959. The "X" meant it was a platform for new technology.

This new thing looks like an attempt to emulate the 918 spyder except I really don't see what's new in this car technically...? It's a little sad they called it nsx. The whole exercise seems more marketing driven than anything else.

It's probably just that margins are too tight to allow for much serious R&D at honda...hmmm

The old NSX was known as the Japanese F-40

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »

Look at the timelines of the Honda NSX and 959. They were gunning for the FERRARI 308. It was meant to offer FERRARI performance for less. The 959 was a Supercar whose competitor was the 288 GTO and possibly the F40.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_959

Yes, they did do something similar to the 918, but way less. I forgot how the hybrid system works. I don't know if it is like the 918's.
Here are some test drives of the 2017 Acura NSX

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[/youtube]

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »
The old NSX was known as the Japanese F-40

if I recall correctly the 959 came out before the F40 like a couple years...ferrari built the F40 to compete with the 959 in group b racing, so it was likely influenced by both cars.  8)
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 03:20:41 PM »
Look at the timelines of the Honda NSX and 959. They were gunning for the FERRARI 308. It was meant to offer FERRARI performance for less. The 959 was a Supercar whose competitor was the 288 GTO and possibly the F40.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_959

Yes, they did do something similar to the 918, but way less. I forgot how the hybrid system works. I don't know if it is like the 918's.
Here are some test drives of the 2017 Acura NSX

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[/youtube]

i didn't mean to suggest it was intended as a competitor to the 959 but more of a flagship car with new tech that trickles down to the rest of the vehicles. according to that first video the chief engineer calls the new NSX an 'exotic sports car' not a 'supercar' which seems about right to me.
"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
if I recall correctly the 959 came out before the F40 like a couple years...ferrari built the F40 to compete with the 959 in group b racing, so it was likely influenced by both cars.  8)
288 GTO was for Group B
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_288_GTO
Then the 288 GTO Evoluzione was the bridge to the F40. Which was designed to celebrate the marque's 40th anniversary.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F40

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:44 PM »
i didn't mean to suggest it was intended as a competitor to the 959 but more of a flagship car with new tech that trickles down to the rest of the vehicles. according to that first video the chief engineer calls the new NSX an 'exotic sports car' not a 'supercar' which seems about right to me.
I got you.

Odd, how the chief engineers says that, yet before they had stated that they bencharmed the 458 in terms of performance. Now, that the figures are out, and the car weighs 3,800+ pounds, they have to save face. The 458 has now been replaced with the 488, which has 660 hp and is lighter than the NSX. The NSX has AWD and the hybrid drive I believe does does the "torque filled" thing.
Will be interesting to see how the NSX does.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2015, 08:58:08 AM »
Honda killed their engines with the turbos.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »
Meanwhile, there are 1000 HP Minivans out there, haha

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 10:07:32 AM »
Ferrari?  No Papa, Acura.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
would never buy a car designed by a woman anyways..

Why does the gender of the designer matter? Are you suggesting that testicles are required to buy a car? Do you refuse to be seen by women dentists? Would you quit your job if a woman was your boss and/or supervisor?

Additionally, like all cars these days, the body of NSX was designed by a team - likely a large team, with designers, aerodynamicists, marketers and structural engineers. So, at best, the car was based on her design concept. Would you not buy a car unless everyone involved in the design was male?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »
Why does the gender of the designer matter? Are you suggesting that testicles are required to buy a car? Do you refuse to be seen by women dentists? Would you quit your job if a woman was your boss and/or supervisor?

Additionally, like all cars these days, the body of NSX was designed by a team - likely a large team, with designers, aerodynamicists, marketers and structural engineers. So, at best, the car was based on her design concept. Would you not buy a car unless everyone involved in the design was male?

Maybe he prefers cars designed by gay Italian men.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »
Maybe he prefers cars designed by gay Italian men.

No homo!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 01:18:47 PM »
The Acura NSX (old version) is on my list of cars to get. Sadly, you can only find them with damaged interiors. You can find them on ebaymotors for mid 30s

that body style is ageless.

There was a time when the value crashed on these and have started to go back up a few years ago.  Funny how cars depreciate for a while, then become collectible or classic and prices start to rise again.  My favorite car is the 2005 Ford GT.  Just love it. Hate the new release.  Those 2005's have went up about 50-100% in price.