Author Topic: Obama: Gun Control Is 'One Thing' I Still Want to Do  (Read 3639 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama: Gun Control Is 'One Thing' I Still Want to Do
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2015, 05:06:11 PM »
I do blame them.  Talking heads, op eds, and politicians are using this fear and hand feeding it to conservatives.  The problems is that its not real.  Very little has been actually done.  But what's getting seen  is conservatives paranoid about gun laws in the aftermath of these mass shootings.  Its turns people off to the general conservative message.  

What the masses aren't seeing are conservatives leading the charge on practical reform to help prevent mass shootings.  That approach would help the country so much in other areas too.

Instead they are all freaked out about what Hillary said and bitching about liberals.

I think their concerns are legit.  It's one thing to have various factions or members of Congress talking about gun control and citing false statistics in the aftermath of shootings.  Quite another for the president to do so.    

Maybe you're not seeing masses of conservatives leading the charge on "practical reform," because they believe the laws on the books should be enforced and they see the same kinds of problems that many reasonable people see with effectively trying to disarm segments of the population.  And maybe their fears have not been realized because they have effectively lobbied to prevent laws from being passed that would not prevent mass shootings, but would interfere with the Second Amendment rights of many.  

Overall, I would not dismiss their concerns as cavalierly as you have.    

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2015, 05:07:40 PM »
no time, repost

dude it was the 2 posts (BB and mine) right above the post you first posted lol. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 05:14:44 PM »
I think their concerns are legit.  It's one thing to have various factions or members of Congress talking about gun control and citing false statistics in the aftermath of shootings.  Quite another for the president to do so.    

OB is a whore just like any.  he can talk all he wants, until he actually does something, there really isn't too much to worry about.  I think he also understands that there isn't much you can do, and most of what people seems to suggest wouldn't prevent mass shootings in any way. 

Maybe you're not seeing masses of conservatives leading the charge on "practical reform," because they believe the laws on the books should be enforced and they see the same kinds of problems that many reasonable people see with effectively trying to disarm segments of the population.  And maybe their fears have not been realized because they have effectively lobbied to prevent laws from being passed that would not prevent mass shootings, but would interfere with the Second Amendment rights of many.  

Whatever the case is their message isn't getting out.  they need to repackage it.

Overall, I would not dismiss their concerns as cavalierly as you have.    

I do, i think its ridiculous.  Now that may change soon.  but for now, this is what i think.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »
dude it was the 2 posts (BB and mine) right above the post you first posted lol. 
thanks, but you didnt mention an "assault weapons" ban anywhere in the post though

would you consider a proposal to ban "assault weapons" an effort to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »

OB is a whore just like any.  he can talk all he wants, until he actually does something, there really isn't too much to worry about.  I think he also understands that there isn't much you can do, and most of what people seems to suggest wouldn't prevent mass shootings in any way. 

Whatever the case is their message isn't getting out.  they need to repackage it.

I do, i think its ridiculous.  Now that may change soon.  but for now, this is what i think.

Better to deal with him before he acts.  He has already shown he's willing to issue unconstitutional executive orders, so he's not all hat and no cattle when it comes to taking inappropriate action.  I suspect we will see some kind of totally improper EO before he leaves office, because he is a lousy leader and cannot work with Congress to get things done the right way.    

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »
I agree, mag limits won't change anything.
you agree mag limits wont change anything but youre for them? does that make sense to you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
I am not a gun owner.  Are they banned?  I hear they were, then they weren't, etc.  what constitutes an assault weapon?

I am pro 2nd amendment.  I don't know enough about all the assault weapons we can have or that are available.  I don't think a fully automatic S.A.W. should be legal or at the very least, there should be a lots of regulation on it.  But a AR-15 should be ok.  A Barrett .50 cal should be ok.
sorry didnt see this earlier, you tell me what an "assault weapon" is the definition changes with the whims of those that want to ban them.

you say an AR should be ok but obama has backed legislation to ban them, he has lobbied democrats in congress to vote on a bill banning them, his own proposal bans them...is that an attempt to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »
I am not a gun owner.  Are they banned?  I hear they were, then they weren't, etc.  what constitutes an assault weapon?

I am pro 2nd amendment.  I don't know enough about all the assault weapons we can have or that are available.  I don't think a fully automatic S.A.W. should be legal or at the very least, there should be a lots of regulation on it.  But a AR-15 should be ok.  A Barrett .50 cal should be ok.

Sooo..yeah you can own a Barret. I think the company is in New Jersey as a matter of fact. You can own a Saw...with a class 3 license....50 Machine guns...mini guns etc etc with the proper class3..Class 3 licenses are expensive as hell and take a long time to get but you can get them. Honestly I wouldn't get one other then if I got ahold of an MP 40 or MP 44... Look up Knob Creek machine gun shoot in Ky on YouTube. All that shit is legal bud....flame throwers..mini guns on trucks etc. People who have over 200k in a mini gun mounted on a truck don't shoot up schools.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »
I am not a gun owner. 
I hate to say it Oz but its pretty obvious youre not a gun owner, I believe in another thread you said something like "barrel clip" when I think you meant banana clip.

Do you think that the fact that you arent personally effected by any potential gun legislation limiting the rights of law abiding citizens makes you less apt to be against gun control legislation or see them as encroachment on youre rights as a law abiding citizen?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »
Oz would you consider a ban on "assault weapons" something that prevents law abiding citizens from owning guns?

look, maybe ben carson was right when he said we shouldn't allow semi-automatic weapons in cities.   In the country, that's fine, but no, not in cities. 

he's the GOP frontrunner.   I think we should respect his feelings on this issue.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »
look, maybe ben carson was right when he said we shouldn't allow semi-automatic weapons in cities.   In the country, that's fine, but no, not in cities. 

he's the GOP frontrunner.   I think we should respect his feelings on this issue.
apparently for you it doesnt matter what someone wants so please excuse yourself from the conversation until that time

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2015, 08:49:13 PM »
thanks, but you didnt mention an "assault weapons" ban anywhere in the post though

would you consider a proposal to ban "assault weapons" an effort to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns?

That's why I need a definition.  Or just give me some examples like I did.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 08:55:38 PM »
you agree mag limits wont change anything but youre for them? does that make sense to you?

I am for mag limits?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2015, 08:56:57 PM »
sorry didnt see this earlier, you tell me what an "assault weapon" is the definition changes with the whims of those that want to ban them.

you say an AR should be ok but obama has backed legislation to ban them, he has lobbied democrats in congress to vote on a bill banning them, his own proposal bans them...is that an attempt to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns

Which ones are banned?   Has a ban been passed?   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »
I hate to say it Oz but its pretty obvious youre not a gun owner, I believe in another thread you said something like "barrel clip" when I think you meant banana clip.

Do you think that the fact that you arent personally effected by any potential gun legislation limiting the rights of law abiding citizens makes you less apt to be against gun control legislation or see them as encroachment on youre rights as a law abiding citizen?
Was never trying to pretend I was a gun owner.  My point is, and I asked you and others on the other thread, exactly what legislation?   Or are we talking about political blabber again?

I prefer to worry about things that are actually happening.  Would a politicians stance on gun control prevent me from voting for them?  It could.  But I am not going to fall prey to BS

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2015, 09:03:02 PM »
Sooo..yeah you can own a Barret. I think the company is in New Jersey as a matter of fact. You can own a Saw...with a class 3 license....50 Machine guns...mini guns etc etc with the proper class3..Class 3 licenses are expensive as hell and take a long time to get but you can get them. Honestly I wouldn't get one other then if I got ahold of an MP 40 or MP 44... Look up Knob Creek machine gun shoot in Ky on YouTube. All that shit is legal bud....flame throwers..mini guns on trucks etc. People who have over 200k in a mini gun mounted on a truck don't shoot up schools.

Didn't know any of that.  Then why is everyone acting like chicken little?

I would love to shoot some of those guns!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2015, 09:03:15 PM »
Which ones are banned?   Has a ban been passed?  

I just threw all my guns in the river the minute Obama won Ohio back in 2008.

I knew from getbig, that it'd just be a matter of time until obama took my guns.

All kidding aside, I couldn't buy a 15 round glock mag under bush.  I can buy one under obama.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2015, 09:04:36 PM »
Gun companies love Obama.  Sales have sky rocket since he took over.  Google it.   Chicken little marketing works. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »
I just threw all my guns in the river the minute Obama won Ohio back in 2008.

I knew from getbig, that it'd just be a matter of time until obama took my guns.

All kidding aside, I couldn't buy a 15 round glock mag under bush.  I can buy one under obama.  

Lol. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2015, 07:28:25 AM »
Didn't know any of that.  Then why is everyone acting like chicken little?

I would love to shoot some of those guns!

At Knob Creek you can shoot everything....and they've had people get fucked up. Its the biggest greatest collection of weapons, rednecks and white people in the history of man. They have a guy who has the front of a Cobra gunship mounted on a small flatbed truck...just the front and the tri barrel gun..and for like a 100 bucks you can fire it. They have quad 50's ...mini guns...a machine gun course you walk and shoot with the targets that explode...

But the point is all those scary guns..none of that is ever used in a shooting. Its always pistols..and they media always says semi auto pistol...which is the same as a goodam musket except it has a magazine and allows you to fire quicker. One pull...one shot...semi auto does not mean auto. Yup they have auto pistols...class 3 license, very expensive and hard to find...and I don't see the point. There are mag limits by state and you can't get the online folks to ship to you in those states. You can buy guns online but the only thing you do is pay for the weapon. Then they ship to the gun store of your choice and that store runs your 4473. I just did this for a STG 44 .22 replica. It was very quick.
L

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2015, 07:41:48 AM »
At Knob Creek you can shoot everything....and they've had people get fucked up. Its the biggest greatest collection of weapons, rednecks and white people in the history of man. They have a guy who has the front of a Cobra gunship mounted on a small flatbed truck...just the front and the tri barrel gun..and for like a 100 bucks you can fire it. They have quad 50's ...mini guns...a machine gun course you walk and shoot with the targets that explode...

But the point is all those scary guns..none of that is ever used in a shooting. Its always pistols..and they media always says semi auto pistol...which is the same as a goodam musket except it has a magazine and allows you to fire quicker. One pull...one shot...semi auto does not mean auto. Yup they have auto pistols...class 3 license, very expensive and hard to find...and I don't see the point. There are mag limits by state and you can't get the online folks to ship to you in those states. You can buy guns online but the only thing you do is pay for the weapon. Then they ship to the gun store of your choice and that store runs your 4473. I just did this for a STG 44 .22 replica. It was very quick.

It's the same as a musket if you can fire a musket repeatedly with no lag between shots. So... in other words, its nothing like a musket.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2015, 08:30:31 AM »
My point being that its no different... one pull one bang ...its not a big scary automatic weapon...just cause it says semi auto. But lets mince words instead of the intent..typical getbig.
L

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2015, 08:36:42 AM »
My point being that its no different... one pull one bang ...its not a big scary automatic weapon...just cause it says semi auto. But lets mince words instead of the intent..typical getbig.

But with all due respect, comparing a musket and a semi automatic is no where near comparing a semi and an auto. We are talking in the vein of mass shootings. You can do a LOT of damage with a AR-15 regardless of if it is in semi or auto. A musket ... to compare to a semi would be if you had to do 30 pushups after each shot from the semi auto.. then perhaps it's a fair comparison.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2015, 09:00:33 AM »
Look a competant minute man could fire 3 rounds in under a minute...walk into a mall with a brown bess...bayonete fixed and I guarantee you get all 3 shots off...maybe 6 or 10 before somebody does something....

Look dude I don't know but the point is...semi auto means nothing. As a gun owner you know this. And its not complicated to explian to the public what mag/clip semi auto etc means. My skorpion can hold a mag of 9 at .45...my .40 holds 12 and I can reload pretty damm fast. Hell you can by a drum of 5.56 holding 50 rounds....and the new drums are well made and expensive. None of it matters if the laws aren't upheld. I'm not sure how you detect a nutjob if he's not in the system.
L