Author Topic: 8 SYRIANS CAUGHT AT TEXAS BORDER  (Read 2435 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: 8 SYRIANS CAUGHT AT TEXAS BORDER
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 04:18:22 AM »
I think you assume both parties are morally equivalent. They are not, especially this current admin. Obama is as friggen anti American as anybody on the left yet he is president. I'm not a huge Clinton fan but the guy never came across as anti American. We on the right are not the same as those on the left...sorry dude.

First things first: the parties are morally equivalent and both seek only one thing: to maintain their grip on power. They aren't identical - they do have different ideologies and goals. Where the Democrats want to rob Peter to pay Paul, the Republicans want to force everyone to share their beliefs and morality - and this is on display right now, as candidates for both sides vie to win their party's nomination. But that's not important: what matters is that in the end, it doesn't matter who ends  up in power; whether the suffix is (D) or (R), America loses because neither side aligns itself entirely with the spirit of this country.

You claim that the people on left aren't the same as those on the right. I submit that you're biased, but even if you are, there's a kernel of truth in your statement. They people on the left and the right aren't the same - they are different, in important ways and it's fine to align yourself with one side on specific things. But one side doesn't have a monopoly on good and nor is it more American than the other.

And remember that while "you on the right" may not be the same as "those on the left" it's also very likely that "you on the right" isn't a monolithic block either.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 04:32:05 AM »
Really? Can't remember the last time a dem won recently based on other than I just described.

Even if that is true, how is that addressing the substance of my post? I challenged your notion that somehow, Democrats have a monopoly on character assassination. If you believe that they do, then you are delusional.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »
OF COURSE I believe they could cross the border and attack us.  

I'm the most militant MFer I know.  And that's normally.  I'm 100x on edge and alert now that shit is popping off all over the world.  And I know they want to get us.

I'm just saying, in a world where FOX is screaming nonstop, giving ISIS airplay with the NYC hype video, designed to scare people, why not talk about them actually arriving here?

I'm more scared of random idiots doing random violent shit, than I am of a bad guy from the other side of the planet.

Today, the whole world was worried about ISIS.  And a few american idiots in New Orleans shoot up a "video shoot" and hit over a dozen people.   That's a fcking mass shooting.  But it's no biggie.  What's up with that?  

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/22/us/new-orleans-shooting-many-wounded/index.html

IMO, two dudes with guns shooting up a crowd is FREAKING TERRIFYING.  Yes, we should worry about foreigners doing violent shit here.  BUT what is actually affecting people is americans doing the crap.  How many people in the USA have been shot by ISIS this year?  How many by other americans?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 08:17:22 AM »
First things first: the parties are morally equivalent and both seek only one thing: to maintain their grip on power. They aren't identical - they do have different ideologies and goals. Where the Democrats want to rob Peter to pay Paul, the Republicans want to force everyone to share their beliefs and morality - and this is on display right now, as candidates for both sides vie to win their party's nomination. But that's not important: what matters is that in the end, it doesn't matter who ends  up in power; whether the suffix is (D) or (R), America loses because neither side aligns itself entirely with the spirit of this country.

You claim that the people on left aren't the same as those on the right. I submit that you're biased, but even if you are, there's a kernel of truth in your statement. They people on the left and the right aren't the same - they are different, in important ways and it's fine to align yourself with one side on specific things. But one side doesn't have a monopoly on good and nor is it more American than the other.

And remember that while "you on the right" may not be the same as "those on the left" it's also very likely that "you on the right" isn't a monolithic block either.

I agree both parties are primarily concerned about staying in power, although I take some issue with saying they are morally equivalent. 

Do you really think, on paper, that liberalism and conservatism are equivalent?  I don't.  I will not join any party, but I'm not afraid to say conservatism is superior to liberalism in several respects, including taxes, the size and role of government, national security, etc.  Those things just make sense, when they are put into practice.   

Granted, conservatives often don't practice what they preach, so their ideology essentially stays on paper (which actually supports your point).  But at the end of the day, I agree with headhunter, particularly when it comes to the president.