Author Topic: how old is the earth?  (Read 16003 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: how old is the earth?
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »
not what the bible says though

It was a MAN MADE BOOK that has gone on to be the #1 bestseller, but is ENTIRELY FICTION. It's about as real as the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. It's a story for adults who prefer to NOT deal with logic, rational thinking or reality. It's a MASS brainwashed state of delusion. Only the few that are fortunate enough to be able to think for THEMSELVES have escaped its tight grip.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2015, 07:58:46 PM »
It was a MAN MADE BOOK that has gone on to be the #1 bestseller, but is ENTIRELY FICTION. It's about as real as the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. It's a story for adults who prefer to NOT deal with logic, rational thinking or reality. It's a MASS brainwashed state of delusion. Only the few that are fortunate enough to be able to think for THEMSELVES have escaped its tight grip.

my favorite quote ever actually comes from getbig, cant remember who or the exact wording, but along these lines:

"religion is an invention by men scared of their own mortality" or that cant face their own mortality,...something like that. I wish I could find it again

fuck  religion and fuck the bible, hokiest shit ever

edit: here it is,...... Religion is something man created to cope with mortality.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »
He still is on earth, disguised as a president of the United States and yes, he is evil.

Do you actually believe EVERYTHING your religion and political affiliation tells you to believe? How does it feel to be a mindless drone? I'm not even being facetious.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
no human can tell how old the earth is! And those who think they can, are some stupid mother fuckers believing their own lies!

Oh the irony.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »

I'm a simple man of faith.  Given that I'm incapable of logical and rational thinking,  void of reality, existing in a state of delusion and griped by religion that I'm unable to escape from?  Further God is Santa and the bible is fiction?

Was that everything or did I miss any of the coffeehouse cliches?

You a lifetime atheist, a kid dragged to church that finally learned to think for himself or just trollin outta boredom?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »
My guess is that you will find a serious correlation between

1) people who dropped out of high school or barely finished, and
2) people that believe the universe is only 6,000 years old.

You rarely meet a person with a Bachelors degree that will proudly say people and dinos used to be frolicking while Noah built his ark to fill with 2 of each animal. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
I'll put this here for the plebs to hear. Very recent.

There you go.  Got that fixed up for you.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2015, 03:49:13 AM »
My guess is that you will find a serious correlation between

1) people who dropped out of high school or barely finished, and
2) people that believe the universe is only 6,000 years old.

You rarely meet a person with a Bachelors degree that will proudly say people and dinos used to be frolicking while Noah built his ark to fill with 2 of each animal. 

William F. Buckley was a practicing Catholic as is Bill O'Reilly.
Ted Cruz is an avowed Protestant.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2015, 09:01:11 AM »
A little bit older than me, but not quite as old as Wes?

Hope you're well Wes. :)
a

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
the bible makes no claims on the age of the earth.
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
Some loving honesty from my heart for whoever is seeking God's grace:

All should turn from their sin, humble themselves before God, seek his forgiveness, believe that his death on Calvary's cross was loving payment for your sins, believe that he rose from the dead,  confess him as Lord and Savior, be made a new person who is filled with his Holy Spirit,  seek to hate sin, become a radically changed person who suddenly sees the world differently and seeks God's will for your life for the rest of your days.

Live for him.  Seek him.  Pray that he reveal his reality to you.  Read his word.  Study his word.  Seek to truly understand his word. Feel his holy presence in your life.  Worship him for he is worthy of praise.  Love him as he has loved you.  Represent Christ boldly, honestly and lovingly without fear.  Spread his message of grace and redemption.  Fear and know his wrath and judgement.  Lovingly seek to keep everyone out of hell.  Tell of the wonderful change God has made in your life.  

I love you with a love established in Jesus Christ.   He changed me and can change anyone.  Forget man's silly debates and attempts to deny and suppress God.  Forget organized religion and its man made nonsense.  Surrender to the one and only God we all know exists. He is real.  He is risen.  He is alive.  He is calling you today.  Forget whatever mistakes you've made.  Lay it all at his feet and be saved.

Love you all.

In Christ,
MOS

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
Some loving honesty from my heart for whoever is seeking God's grace:

All should turn from their sin, humble themselves before God, seek his forgiveness, believe that his death on Calvary's cross was loving payment for your sins, believe that he rose from the dead,  confess him as Lord and Savior, be made a new person who is filled with his Holy Spirit,  seek to hate sin, become a radically changed person who suddenly sees the world differently and seeks God's will for your life for the rest of your days.

Live for him.  Seek him.  Pray that he reveal his reality to you.  Read his word.  Study his word.  Seek to truly understand his word. Feel his holy presence in your life.  Worship him for he is worthy of praise.  Love him as he has loved you.  Represent Christ boldly, honestly and lovingly without fear.  Spread his message of grace and redemption.  Fear and know his wrath and judgement.  Lovingly seek to keep everyone out of hell.  Tell of the wonderful change God has made in your life.  

I love you with a love established in Jesus Christ.   He changed me and can change anyone.  Forget man's silly debates and attempts to deny and suppress God.  Forget organized religion and its man made nonsense.  Surrender to the one and only God we all know exists. He is real.  He is risen.  He is alive.  He is calling you today.  Forget whatever mistakes you've made.  Lay it all at his feet and be saved.

Love you all.

In Christ,
MOS
what about the sins of the people who came before him?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2015, 09:45:01 AM »
what about the sins of the people who came before him?

Like Abraham, righteousness was credited to them because of their faith in God.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »
Wes's first PRO CARD in bodybuilding, the Master's of the Beginning of the UNIVERSE...

*** WES IS ON THE LEFT ***

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
William F. Buckley was a practicing Catholic as is Bill O'Reilly.
Ted Cruz is an avowed Protestant.
Yeah, that was a very dumb quote/thought on his part.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »
666 ^ 666 Satanic years - a number so large and beautiful that even Lucifer himself was startled by the barrage of digits.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »

This.

Among other issues, the fact that the Bible doesn't state how long Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden before being exiled creates a little issue for a 6000 year old earth.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

Christians sure do, though. Ask one.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
This.

Among other issues, the fact that the Bible doesn't state how long Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden before being exiled creates a little issue for a 6000 year old earth.

All cleared up here, my friend, Kentucky:

http://creationmuseum.org

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »
Christians sure do, though. Ask one.

Not all.   ;D And there are more such as I that could care less about such a trivial matter as the age of the Earth.
Be well.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2015, 08:36:51 PM »
I pray daily.  Raised Catholic.  I live right. 

But this article...  Wow. 

It explains a lot. 

...about the idiocy of those who disregard scientific investigation and analysis and date the earth based on a mythological book written and compiled by men.  Read a book beyond the Bible and you might learn something.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
...about the idiocy of those who disregard scientific investigation and analysis and date the earth based on a mythological book written and compiled by men.  Read a book beyond the Bible and you might learn something.

Wait.  So there are books other than the bible?  Are you sure?

Ok, so if I want to know something about....oh I don't know......say ducks or Germany....that there's a book about ducks or Germany I can read and learn from?

Interesting.........very, very interesting.

Update.................. ....

So, I just talked to another Christian and he says your "book thing" is probably from the devil.   Is it?   Is it from the devil?!!!   :o :'(

::)  So weary of these limp, repetitive arguments and statements.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »
So you, an idiot, are saying that fact which is readable from thousands of science articles around the internet, isn't fact if it is on Wikipedia? The difference here is simple. If crap is crap all over the internet, it will be crap in the Wikipedia. You and your kind of idiots  can't understand the difference between the crap and the fact, so you are puzzled. Let me help you: The fact means a thing, a piece of information or knowledge, which has been proved to be a fact. As you remember, that proving thing was too hard to your kind of idiots, so you and the other foil hat idiots hasn't prove even a single detail of their fairytales, no matter which insane conspiracy theory we are talking about  ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2015, 01:29:49 AM »
...about the idiocy of those who disregard scientific investigation and analysis and date the earth based on a mythological book written and compiled by men.  Read a book beyond the Bible and you might learn something.

The Bible, a book written by men who lived in different periods, and yet, they all agreed with each other...hmmmm

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2015, 02:16:28 AM »
Not all.   ;D And there are more such as I that could care less about such a trivial matter as the age of the Earth.
Be well.

Do people usually speak in absolutes, though? I RARELY, if ever, mean all]. Figured it was just understood. Imagine how tedious it'd be to qualify every statement, or having to read someone else do it.

FTN.

I actually have a friend who does this instinctually, like a nervous tic: "That guy's a great drummer ... I mean, not saying he's the best drummer ever, or that some other drummer isn't better, just, you know ..."

I want to slap him every time.