Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board
Why the WWE current product stinks....
(1/19) > >>
Playboy:
There are literally millions of wrestling fans worldwide that watch World Wrestling Entertainment.

The question is, do they actually enjoy what they are seeing, or do they wish wrestling would go back to a time when it was actually good?

Back in the day, Monday Night Raw was the place to be. Stone Cold, DX, Vince McMahon and others always made for interesting story-lines. We also had a lot of young and talented guys who went out there and did things that hadn't been done, like ladder matches and TLC tag matches.

Where did these days go?

Now when I tune in there is always some Hollywood actor or gimmick host supposedly calling the shots. Do wrestling fans actually care that Ashton Kutcher has another movie out, or that he is in a tweet war with some guy that has Woo Woo across his headband?

WWE is actually starting to creep back towards the days of the early to mid '90s when I didn't watch, and neither did a lot of people.

So what are they doing wrong?

Well, it's simple. They have gone from trying to dominate that male 18-34 demographic and have made it more family and kid friendly. Maybe by now they figure that those who watched religiously back in the '90s have kids and want to bring in the next generation for a ride.

Either way, the product has gone stale.

I rarely watch anymore. In fact I may turn on Raw for the first five minutes and see if it looks appealing, but after those five minutes I usually change it.

The biggest problem I have is seeing the same crap week in and week out. How many angles can you have between Cena and Bautista? How many times can we have a tag match with main eventers from the upcoming pay-per-view on the Monday before the event?

There are so many wrestlers on the roster that we shouldn't be seeing the same matches over and over again, plain and simple.

Then there are the story-lines.

Lame, enough said.

Whatever happened to factions and pushing young talent? It wasn't too long ago when Rhodes and Dibiase were given the push that way, and it worked.

If you look back in time at the guys that were developed from these groups you have some of the best. The Rock got his career going with the Nation, HHH really got chugging while in DX, and both Edge and Christian were in the Brood.

That is how you push talent.

This NXT stuff is a joke. I know they tried to come up with a new way to push young talent, but I didn't care, and I know many others share in my opinion.

The other reason the entertainment has turned to excrement is the actual story-lines themselves.

Outside of the Shawn Michaels-Undertaker plot line that took us into Mania a few years ago, there really haven't been any that make me want to spend $35 on a pay-per-view.

Do we care that Jack Swagger is a college All American with a lisp? Do we care that yet another wrestler got his head shaved in a match? Oh, and my favorite—the gimmick pay-per-views they have each month now.

I have a solution to their pay-per-view problem too—dump about half of them. They are mostly the same crap as the month before.

I am sure there are many out there that share my thoughts on the current state of the WWE, and there just as many that will argue it is good.

All I think is that it is going into the outhouse right now. They need to shake things up. Start a new faction, turn John Cena heel, actually kill the Undertaker in the ring. At the end of the day, there is only one....VINCE MCMAHON. He is the owner and the final decision maker in the company. Creative, HHH, Stephanie, Marc Carrano, etc...they can all say what they want but its MCMAHON that has the final say.

Thin Lizzy:
The product is about to get worse. Cesaro out 4-6 months, shoulder surgery.

As big as he is, and the way he throws his body around, he was bound to get hurt sooner or later.

They almost have to bring up some NXT guys, now.

A Bully Ray singles push needs to happen, as well.
TuHolmes:
NXT is a pretty good product though.

The rest I agree with, but not NXT.

I really enjoy watching that.

I watch more RoH and NJPW than WWE by far.
Montague:

--- Quote from: Thin Lizzy on November 23, 2015, 01:55:59 PM ---The product is about to get worse. Cesaro out 4-6 months, shoulder surgery.

As big as he is, and the way he throws his body around, he was bound to get hurt sooner or later.

They almost have to bring up some NXT guys, now.

A Bully Ray singles push needs to happen, as well.

--- End quote ---

I respectfully disagree.

I honestly believe that history has proven that Bubba & Devon are at their respective best in tag action.
Bubba even admitted on Jericho's podcast that his ultimate wrestling dream was to be in a great tag team.
That's just "where he lives."
Playboy:
The problem with NXT is they put the wrong people in there. NXT was designed to train talent and get them ready for TV. Problem I have? Why are they putting people who are already established in NXT? Why was C.M.Punk and Colt Cabana (at the time he was still signed) regulated to NXT for a year before they debuted? Why is Samoa Joe in NXT? Kenta? At best this just pisses off wrestlers. These guys mentioned above were already established stars prior to signing with WWE. Right now, here is their failing formula....
- Bring a guy/girl in
- Stick him / her in NXT for a year - two years
- Bring him / her up to the main roster
- Shove him / her in the main event immediately
- 6 months goes by, wrestler is lost in oblivion and floats down to the lower card.

They did this with Paige, Roman Reigns, The Wyatts, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Dolf Ziggler, Miz and countless more. They are currently doing it with Charlotte. What happens now when she loses the title and we all know that it will happen soon enough? Charlotte over Sasha Banks just because she is Flair's daughter (and I like Charlotte but lets be fair here)? I don't think so.

The end
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version