Author Topic: Donald Trump's 9/11 celebration claim widely disputed  (Read 4536 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Donald Trump's 9/11 celebration claim widely disputed
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »
I have no idea what he saw.  Maybe he did see people celebrating?  I said he could be lying.  I don't know.  I just don't think this is a very good example, particularly if you're trying to compare it to Obama and Hillary. 

Ok, lets play the game.. Maybe Obama was told people could keep their doctors in his briefings.. maybe he fully expected that people could keep their doctors and he was just as surprised as anyone that you couldn't in some cases?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
Ok, lets play the game.. Maybe Obama was told people could keep their doctors in his briefings.. maybe he fully expected that people could keep their doctors and he was just as surprised as anyone that you couldn't in some cases?

No.  Anyone who knows about the administrative rule making process by government departments, as Obama would, knows that process takes time.  And they know those formulation of those rules had to take place at or before the time Obama pushing Obamacare. 

Then there are people like Gruber who admitted they knew this was going to happen. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:42 PM »
No.  Anyone who knows about the administrative rule making process by government departments, as Obama would, knows that process takes time.  And they know those formulation of those rules had to take place at or before the time Obama pushing Obamacare. 

Then there are people like Gruber who admitted they knew this was going to happen. 

so Obama, knowing he was lying, lied, also knowing it would be uncovered later with video of him lying.... But trump .... who said he saw Arab Americans in New Jersey protesting by the 1000's as the towers fell, and was called on it but continued to state it happened, probably was just talking out his ass... I think I'm starting to grasp the rules of this... 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2015, 01:40:05 PM »
I don't know about thousands, but I saw footage of people cheering it, and it was in America. Might have been only a few, but I remember a woman in a hijab cheering and clasping her hands together upon seeing the attacks unfold.

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »
Who is lying?   Donald Trump, or the NYPD?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump twice repeated over the weekend that he saw people cheering in New Jersey after the September 11 attacks -- but his claims are being widely disputed as false.

Trump first made the claim at a campaign rally in Alabama on Saturday, where he said he "watched the World Trade Center go down" and watched in New Jersey, "as thousands of people were cheering as the building was coming down."

He doubled down on those claims in an interview Sunday with ABC's "This Week," even as George Stephanopoulos pushed back.

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey where you have large Arab populations," Trump said. "They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down."

"Police say it didn't happen," Stephanopoulos pressed, to which Trump said he saw it himself on television.

Trump claimed: "It was well covered at the time."

But numerous publications and local politicians have said Trump is incorrect.

Both Politifact and The Washington Post's Fact Checker analyzed Trump's claim. Politifact rated it "pants on fire" and The Washington Post gave it "four Pinocchios."

Neither outlet could find any news reports that corroborate Trump's account of events. There were a few reports of rumors that there were celebrations in New Jersey, along with images of Palestinians celebrating overseas that were broadcast locally.

A September 17, 2001, an Associated Press story referred to "unfounded ... rumors of rooftop celebrations of the attack by Muslims" in Jersey City, New Jersey.

And in a September 18, 2001, article, The Washington Post wrote that "law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river." But there was no source for the information and there is no evidence of anything coming of the questioning.

240 you are such a democrat guy.   Your narratives are weak.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
And you believe Trump watched 1000's and 1000's of Arabs IN New Jersey celebrating on TV as the towers fell?

Trump said it happened.   thousands in jersey city.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2015, 06:03:41 PM »

240 you are such a democrat guy.   Your narratives are weak.

trump claimed he say thousands of people cheering 911.  in jersey city.

Nobody else saw this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
Ben Carson --
Every signer of the Declaration of Independence had no elected office experience.

Massively false.  Didn't he write a freaking book about the Constitution?

He's either brain damaged or very stupid, to say this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »
so Obama, knowing he was lying, lied, also knowing it would be uncovered later with video of him lying.... But trump .... who said he saw Arab Americans in New Jersey protesting by the 1000's as the towers fell, and was called on it but continued to state it happened, probably was just talking out his ass... I think I'm starting to grasp the rules of this... 

Correct about Obama, except he doesn't care if he lies.  He knows his supporters will just bend over, take it up he tailpipe, and still support him.  And he has the votes to prove it. 

Trump?  Like I said, maybe he is lying, maybe he is embellishing, or maybe he really did see people cheering?  I have no idea.  I'm not defending Trump, but the fact others didn't see what he claims to have seen doesn't by itself make him a liar.  Pretty weak example. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »
Trump?  Like I said, maybe he is lying, maybe he is embellishing, or maybe he really did see people cheering?  I have no idea.  I'm not defending Trump, but the fact others didn't see what he claims to have seen doesn't by itself make him a liar.  Pretty weak example. 

He said thousands.  Thousands.  Nobody else in america saw "thousands".

Since the whole OReilly thing, Repubs have discovered an awesome loophole in lying known as "embellishment". 

OReilly claims he heard a famous suicide... just embellishing.  Carson claims many things which aren't true... embellisment.

yet when hilary or obama does it, they suddenly shriek and wet their panties.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Were there videos played on the news right after 9/11, showing crowds of people "celebrating" overseas?  I don't remember.

And I noticed that the Israelis who were seen dancing and laughing in Jersey City as the towers burned, were sometimes referred to as "middle eastern men" in reports.

Not to pardon anyone, but I can see how these things could get scrambled fairly easily.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »
Let's be clear.  Muslims openly celebrating within our borders DID NOT HAPPEN.  A video surfaced of children in Gaza City celebrating the attacks.  Not that I am condoning their celebration, but
one can certainly understand their how they came to feel the way they do.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »
Let's be clear.  Muslims openly celebrating within our borders DID NOT HAPPEN.  A video surfaced of children in Gaza City celebrating the attacks.  Not that I am condoning their celebration, but
one can certainly understand their how they came to feel the way they do.

And yet the undeniable case of public celebrating, here, involved Israelis.

Crazy world, I tell you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2015, 03:35:28 PM »
thousands.  he said it twice.  in jersey city.

it's a pretty big detail to get wrong.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
And yet the undeniable case of public celebrating, here, involved Israelis.

Crazy world, I tell you.

Almost an unspeakable truth if you want to be elected to public office in this country.  Puerto Rico is to us like we are to Israel.  :)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »
Almost an unspeakable truth if you want to be elected to public office in this country.  Puerto Rico is to us like we are to Israel.  :)

Thing that gets me, is that the guy who ran that moving company wasn't made to answer why he immediately abandoned it as he did.

James

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »
Howard Stern Caller Confirms Trump: Muslims Did Cheer After 9/11 [Call From September 12, 2001]

On September 12, 2001 a woman calls on the howard stern and confirms trump about muslims cheering after 9/11. In South Paterson New Jersey, Her Husband who was a verizon employee saw Muslims Cheering.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2015, 08:29:32 AM »
3rd hand info....

pics vids?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2015, 08:29:47 AM »
It's iffy.   I remember the initial reports of cheering, they were all over the place.  But that's conspiracy theory territory... the official story is that it didn't happen.

Trump tends to drop these CTer hints, from CT sources, into his speeches.  Then he cites "seeing them on TV" when in reality, the places these things showed up was youtube CTer documentaries.

Ari Fleischer , former White House press secretary during the Bush administration, told CNN that Trump sounds like a "truther".   He's right.   Trump spent a lifetime creating buildings.  Trump is a CTer on the birther issue, one with far fewer supporters/evidence than the 911 CTs.  

Imagine if Trump was a 911 truther.  This is the 2nd time he's done it.  The first time he blamed "the buildings coming down" during Bush's presidency.   Not "we were attacked" - just "buildings coming down".   THAT IS TRUTHER TALK.   Maybe that's why he has the GOP base so scared.  I've long moved on from paying attention to 911 CTs.  It was interesting, but it's history now.  I haven't been to the CT board in a year or two lol.  

Imagine a truther winning the GOp nomination lol.   too funny.