Author Topic: Bret Hart's book  (Read 12329 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Bret Hart's book
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 05:38:46 AM »
seems like the older generation put it all on the line moreso than this group now...cactus jack/mankind was a throwback..

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 10:14:55 AM »
I'm honestly surprised that Mick Foley can still walk.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
I'm honestly surprised that Mick Foley can still walk.

Slightly Off Topic... but since someone brought Foley up.

I met him about 15 years ago when he was still wrestling.

I was working at a local theme park handling security for a special events. The WWF at the time was putting on a smallish 5000 person show at our outdoor stage, and he was on the card.

He was a super nice guy and actually probably one of the most child like (in regards to just wanting to have fun) people I ever met working there.

He was so excited to be at the park, that we kept the rides all open an extra hour just so he could be guaranteed to get to ride them all.

Side note... Also met Big Show there... Also a nice guy, but absolutely massive. TV doesn't do him justice.

When he shook my hand, it was like you holding the hand of a baby. You could tell he purposefully shakes hands very gently so as not to accidentally crush your adult size hand in his.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
He mangled it even more in late Nov 1986 in Hamilton Ontario in a match with Ace Orton and Moracco. Looked harmless too but it shelved him for 3 months and built up his dependancy on pain killers and somas.

You know what...I'm sorry.
The match you mentioned is the one I linked. I just found it one night surfing for something else.

It was very old, low-quality home video footage, but you could see everything unfold exactly as Tom recounted in his book.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »
 8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »

You know what...I'm sorry.
The match you mentioned is the one I linked. I just found it one night surfing for something else.

It was very old, low-quality home video footage, but you could see everything unfold exactly as Tom recounted in his book.
Lol...no need to apoligize bro...I wasn't "correcting" you  :D  ;)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
Smith and Maria actually named their child Satanic Ecstasy.

Dr. Z (the roid doc) was a known price gouger.  Everyone hated his prices but bought from him because they knew they were legit and he sold as much as you wanted.   Bret stated that he gave him 4 "crisp hundred dollar bills" and he got :
20 vials of test
20 vials of deca
4 vials hcg

(fuck that is a great deal for $400.  Price gouging or not.  This was in 1984)

He also stated that some wrestlers like Quick Draw would purchase so much shit from the doc that they would leave with shopping bags of drugs hanging off their arms.  So much that  they couldn't fit it in their bags or suitcases and would instead mail it back home.  Xanax, Placidyls, Somas, Valium, methadone, speed, etc..  not just roids.  He said that roids only accounted for about 30% of what all the wrestlers bought.

Quick Draw would take so  many Placidyls that he would pass out head down on a table, in his food nearly every night.  He eventually OD'd from this.

The industry was quick to label David Von Erich's death an "accidental" overdose in an effort to save Fritz from negative publicity.  David was a huge dope head.  They tried (and failed) to cover up Mike Von Erichs over dose death over a year later, but it didn't work.  Mike left a suicide note that read "Mom and Dad, I am in a better place.  I'll be watching."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »

Dr. Z (the roid doc) was a known price gouger.  Everyone hated his prices but bought from him because they knew they were legit and he sold as much as you wanted.   Bret stated that he gave him 4 "crisp hundred dollar bills" and he got :
20 vials of test
20 vials of deca
4 vials hcg

He also stated that some wrestlers like Quick Draw would purchase so much shit from the doc that they would leave with shopping bags of drugs hanging off their arms.  So much that  they couldn't fit it in their bags or suitcases and would instead mail it back home.  Xanax, Placidyls, Somas, Valium, methadone, speed, etc..  not just roids.  He said that roids only accounted for about 30% of what all the wrestlers bought.

Quick Draw would take so  many Placidyls that he would pass out head down on a table, in his food nearly every night.  He eventually OD'd from this.

The industry was quick to label David Von Erich's death an "accidental" overdose in an effort to save Fritz from negative publicity.  David was a huge dope head.  They tried (and failed) to cover up Mike Von Erichs over dose death over a year later, but it didn't work.  Mike left a suicide note that read "Mom and Dad, I am in a better place.  I'll be watching."
Bullseye, I read the exact same thing.
In the Steroid trial Zahorian said his biggest years were 1985 - 1987 as that is when he made the mose in steroid sales to WWF wrestlers. 210,000 in profit to be exact.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »

20 vials of test
20 vials of deca
4 vials hcg

I remember ALL of this - my mind isn't going, after all!!

I just swear that some of the earlier stuff you recounted came from a different book. I wonder what else I've forgotten!  :(

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »

I remember ALL of this - my mind isn't going, after all!!

I just swear that some of the earlier stuff you recounted came from a different book. I wonder what else I've forgotten!  :(
Didn't Hart have two books done? "My Cartoon World of Wrestling" and another?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
Bullseye, I read the exact same thing.
In the Steroid trial Zahorian said his biggest years were 1985 - 1987 as that is when he made the mose in steroid sales to WWF wrestlers. 210,000 in profit to be exact.

The timeframe seems spot on. Those were the years when Hercules was a top guy:

Here he is before getting ahold of the good stuff. Notice the difference in his face.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »
Didn't Hart have two books done? "My Cartoon World of Wrestling" and another?

I honestly don't know. I know that I only own one.

If he came out with another, I'm not sure I'd bother with it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »
The timeframe seems spot on. Those were the years when Hercules was a top guy:

Here he is before getting ahold of the good stuff. Notice the difference in his face.

Hercules was another guy that was known to work his legs, like twice a year.  His legs were pure genetics. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »
On a side note, does anyone else remember Hercules always seemed to have a strange walk to him?  Like he would keep his lower back drastically arched with his butt sticking out sometimes when he strutted/stalked around the ring.  My mother saw it once and said that he must have terrible hemorrhoids to have to walk like that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »
I remember Bobby Heenan once describing Hercules (out of character).

One of the stories he told was of Herc walking around with a cut on one side of his forehead and a bandage on the opposite side of his head.  ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2015, 08:58:14 AM »
I remember Bobby Heenan once describing Hercules (out of character).

One of the stories he told was of Herc walking around with a cut on one side of his forehead and a bandage on the opposite side of his head.  ;D
l

I read this visualizing the Brain delivering it.

I laughed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2015, 09:04:58 AM »
l

I read this visualizing the Brain delivering it.

I laughed.

Search for his shoot video on YouTube. They filmed it shortly before he lost his ability to speak.
His books - especially the first one - are GOLD!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
More :

Tom has said (various times) that Jacques knocked his teeth out while using brass knuckles.  Or a roll of quarters.  Or a lead pipe.  (the story changes every time Tom tells it).  But Bret said Jacques didn't use anything.  That he just walked up and suckerpunched Tom with his bare fist.  While Pat Patterson jumped around like a hysterical woman.

Vince had a huge hard on for Tom McGhee (or maybe McGee - can't remember the spelling)  He had Tom Mc pegged as his future world champion who was going to carry the WWF into the next decade.  Tom was actually so clumsy that every time he bent over to tie his boots, the boys in the locker room would place bets on whether or not he would wind up putting a small package on himself and pinning himself on the floor.  He was that clumsy.

Wrestling Dino Bravo where Bret wound up with a fractured sternum, 5 cracked ribs, and a severely bruised heart, he was told he would miss 3 months while he healed.  Despite Vince's promise about taking care of him, Vince simply gave him $200 a week.  Bret had to return within 18 days.  He wrestled for years while carrying these injuries that constantly got aggravated and never healed properly.

Vince paid wrestlers a percentage of the house gate when doing living shows.  There was no concrete or established formula.  Like mid carders get xxx percentage.  It was simply what Vince felt like paying.  And he often withheld the pay from wrestlers for several months.  Not all of them.  Some would get their percentage in the next couple of days.  Some had to wait 3 months or so, just for a small $1200 check that Vince held up for no other reason than to be a control freak.

Tom was introduced to steroids by JYD and to speed by Jake The Snake. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
Can't blame Vince on Tom Magee. I saw him, in person, in a gym, and, as I've said here, before, to this day, he is the single most impressive looking human being I've ever seen:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2015, 04:55:09 PM »
Vince had a HUGE hard on for Tom M.
Hogan was allegedly filling his pants/trunks at the prospect of losing his spot.

As far as the old man withholding payouts, I've heard he would sometimes take the house money from bigger shows and invest it in (for instance) 90-day CD's to collect some interest on the revenue before distributing the checks.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »
Physically, Magee in his prime, makes anyone on the current roster look like shit.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
Vince had a HUGE hard on for Tom M.
Hogan was allegedly filling his pants/trunks at the prospect of losing his spot.

As far as the old man withholding payouts, I've heard he would sometimes take the house money from bigger shows and invest it in (for instance) 90-day CD's to collect some interest on the revenue before distributing the checks.

When the old man dies...
There will be a lot of old timers celebrating his death..
With the exception of Hogan.. Vince was a real prick..

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »

When the old man dies...
There will be a lot of old timers celebrating his death..
With the exception of Hogan.. Vince was a real prick..
Hogan too....especially after all the mistreatments after all that Hogan did for Vince. Hogan is all about the cash. Always was. Vince was always a tool too so it pans out.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 06:11:26 PM »
To be fair, a lot of wrestlers seem to think Vince has an obligation to support them for life. When you're a private contractor, you do a job and move on. I was one, myself. I didn't expect anything from customers once the job was done, and I got paid.

It's also not Vince's fault that many of these guys had no plan for once they were too old to make a living throwing their bodies around.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »
To be fair, a lot of wrestlers seem to think Vince has an obligation to support them for life. When you're a private contractor, you do a job and move on. I was one, myself. I didn't expect anything from customers once the job was done, and I got paid.

It's also not Vince's fault that many of these guys had no plan for once they were too old to make a living throwing their bodies around.
I agree.