Author Topic: Yay! McDoubles are back to a dollar each!  (Read 28940 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Yay! McDoubles are back to a dollar each!
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
I had to google "mcgriddle" haha... didn't know what it was.

it is disgusting and delicious at the same time.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »
I saved you for last not because you are my favorite but because I want to spend less and less time with you as you truly are a stupid person and everything I say is beyond your realm of comprehension. You're like the kid who wants to participate in an economic discussion by asking, "Why don't we make all houses cost just a dollar?" "Ha, ha. Sure kid," as I pat you condescendingly on the head, "we'll get right to that. But just take a seat over there for a minute."

In fact, that's what makes you somewhat interesting. How does someone, without a mental disease, which I don't think you have, get so stupid? I surmise that because your stupidy is so profound that you had to be taught to be stupid. You had to work and develop your stupidity. Such can often be accomplished by going to some Liberal, Leftist University. You're mention of "environmental footprints" and "predatory advertising" leads me to that speculation.

I was intending to address your issues but just at this very moment decided not to bother. Your statement, "I'm obviously a bright guy..." was just too gut busting. Like I said before, you are so stupid that you really don't know how stupid you really are and therefore there's no hope to escaping your stupidity on your own.

But I will note that now you are changing your tune. First you make up your definition of nutritious as "promoting good health" as the common definition. No it's not. Where did you get that lame idea? I know, it's because you are stupid. Lets take the macro nutrient, carbohydrates. It's a nutrient by definition and therefore nutritious but it does not necessary follow that carbs per se promote good health. It may or may not. Depends how it is used or abused. Same with a vitamin, a micro nutrient. If you take too much this will not improve your health and is often detrimental. There was a recent study proving that too much fish oil can have detrimental effects.

And though you now agree, because I've forced you to by exposing your stupidity, that McDoubles have nutrition and that McDonald's is nutritious; you've now changed from not being able to maintain good health from eating at McDonalds to JUST eating McDoubles.

You lose again dummy.

Now try to get out of the claim that McDonald's, the number one most successful fast food chain in the country in 2014, beating out BK, Pizza Hut, Jack-in-the-Box, Carl's Jr, Papa Johns, Quiznos, KFC.... all fabulously successful chains in their own rights, is not run efficiently.

You might want to bow out of this thread gracefully and go be stupid somewhere else.

Google "nutrition, definition". Webster's dictionary returns:

nutrition-Simple Definition of nutritious. : having substances that a person or animal needs to be healthy and grow properly : promoting good health and growth.

Do people actually use "nutrition" that way? Google " nutritious food, news article" to see how it is most most commonly used in news articles. On the first page:

Result #1  Ideally, the top ten foods should be tasty as well as good for you. This article lists the top ten foods with taste, nutrition and health benefits  

Result #4  LA's fast food ban fails to curb obesity; access to healthy, nutritious food is the solution.

You don't have to click on the links to read these quotes. They are available on the google search page. I am specifically only using links that connect both "healthy" and "nutritious" in clear text.

From McDonald's own website:

You told us you're trying harder to be more nutrition-minded for yourself and for your family. We listened. That's why we have been accelerating our efforts to serve food you feel better about eating and to help you make informed nutrition choices.

Yep, I'm sure McDonald's  reassures  these nutrition-minded customers by letting them know that their food contains the macro nutrient carbohydrates. ::)

So, there: very clear evidence that "nutritious" is most commonly used the way I said it is. The rest of your post is your typical longwinded, pointless rambling, so will conveniently gloss over that.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:25 PM »

What's not to like about some meat between two mini pancakes with syrup in them.

It's fucking amazing taste wise.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2016, 04:06:16 AM »
McDonalds could fill their "meat" with embalming fluid and you'd espouse the benefits.  Knowing McDonalds, they've already tried it.   

And that bothers you why?

Evidently, it would be of no consequence to you, which proves my point.  Game, set and match.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2016, 04:20:24 AM »
I`m loving it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111  :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2016, 05:24:33 AM »

Lol, that's how I feel about them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2016, 05:34:53 AM »
With all the chemicals I ingested,meaning gear,alcohol and most of the illegal street drugs,I`m hardly concerned if I indulge in a fucking MickeyDees burger on occasion.

"Every now and then I know it`s kind of hard to tell,but I`m still alive and well. "

by Johnny Winter  ;)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2016, 06:00:38 AM »
There's very little that Pellius and I agree upon but he's a hell of a poster....dispatching multiple posters with ease 8)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »
With all the chemicals I ingested,meaning gear,alcohol and most of the illegal street drugs,I`m hardly concerned if I indulge in a fucking MickeyDees burger on occasion.

"Every now and then I know it`s kind of hard to tell,but I`m still alive and well. "

by Johnny Winter  ;)

Sure, but when you do that, do you convince yourself it's healthfood?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »
What's not to like about some meat between two mini pancakes with syrup in them.

somehow this thread just became oddly bodybuilding related. 

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »
I already picked a position on morality. Because you don't understand it and don't know the meaning of absolute versus moral relativism is more a problem with you than with me. But, if you are honest, and you are not, it is not my ideas and beliefs that matter to you. You simply have an issue with me personally even though our very first encounter was you contacting me to help you get back on the gh15 board from which you were banned. A favor which I granted to a complete stranger without even knowing the circumstance involved. And never ever a thanks or acknowledgement. Quite a reflection on your character. When anyone does a favor for me, no matter how small, I don't forget it.

I could claim 2+2=4 and even lay out 2 pairs of sticks and bring them together and count out the sticks and still you would not concur. Having to agree with me with far more distasteful to you than seeking truth. The fact that you claim that "there isn't a thread of evidence" that the US has ever done anything good in this world exposes your bias. Even when I point out the difference between South Korea and North Korea. There would be no South Korea if it wasn't for the US and all of Korea would be the hell hole that is North.

But I will further clarify moral absolutes and moral relativism, not for you, because it doesn't matter, but for others who perhaps have never thought of it in those terms, i.e., that it is the context that determines the moral nature of an act which is not relativism in the context of morality. And it's not because they are stupid or dumb like All Doggity but rather it is something that they didn't really give much though to.

Is killing another human being wrong and immoral? Well, I don't know. Killing in and of itself is morally neutral. It is the context that will determine it's morality. If done to protect innocent lives, such as when someone walks into a work place and starts randomly shooting and killing people, then yes. Killing that person is right and the moral thing to do. Absolutely moral. Not if someone intentionally kills an innocent person then that is wrong and immoral. Absolutely immoral. That is murder, and murder, a subset of killing, is immoral.

To equate the two is moral relativism. It's similar to a bumper sticker I saw years ago on a hand painted VW bus with a prominent peace sign on the back. The bumper sticker read: "Why do we kill people, who kill people, to teach people that killing is wrong?"

They think they are being clever and most people will be respond with a "Hey, that's a good point." But killing people is not always wrong, and equating the killing of a murderer with the killing of an innocent person is moral relativism. Saying that some sins in the same class are worse than others is not moral relativism. For example, stealing all the packets of Sweet and Low at a restaurant versus robbing a bank. Both are stealing but one is far worse than the other.

North and South Korea were divided up after WW2 just like the rest of the world. We can agree on the nature of US action in Hawaii though which you accept is unexceptional. Was there something exceptional in Korea? why is it any different? Or were the benefits to the south simply a secondary effect of business as usual? ie: going in there to secure western business interests. I'm open to this, I don't know anything about it so if there is some evidence to show this I'd love to see it. So far I have not seen a shred of evidence that the US is some sort of benevolent force in world affairs. ZERO. The US looks out for US interests, there's nothing radical about this notion. Always open to new ideas and information so if you have this material please present it.

I think we agree on morality could be a confusion with terminology. I gather what you're saying is context allows for meaningful moral action and judgement. If you say morality is determined by context that's going to sound like moral relativism even if that's not what you meant. Thank you for the detailed examples. Happy we could clarify this!

I don't want to get you all in a tizzy, I'm just trying to help. It's nothing personal either I actually appreciate your posting efforts except when your rhetoric gets uppity and way out of hand. Calm down have some peanut butter. Regarding me personally that's all irrelevant. Personal attacks are inappropriate, immoral and unjustified in the context of this discussion.
"

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2016, 10:34:33 AM »
Pennyless showing shitso how a 10 page plus thread gets done.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »

But I will note that now you are changing your tune. First you make up your definition of nutritious as "promoting good health" as the common definition. No it's not. Where did you get that lame idea? I know, it's because you are stupid. Lets take the macro nutrient, carbohydrates. It's a nutrient by definition and therefore nutritious but it does not necessary follow that carbs per se promote good health. It may or may not. Depends how it is used or abused. Same with a vitamin, a micro nutrient. If you take too much this will not improve your health and is often detrimental. There was a recent study proving that too much fish oil can have detrimental effects.

And though you now agree, because I've forced you to by exposing your stupidity, that McDoubles have nutrition and that McDonald's is nutritious; you've now changed from not being able to maintain good health from eating at McDonalds to JUST eating McDoubles.

You lose again dummy.

Revisiting my previous post, I want to make sure I don't neglect to address this bullshit. The title of this thread specifically mentions McDoubles in the title. I corrected you earlier in the thread for trying to confuse "any food available at McDonalds" with McDoubles. Even earlier in the thread, when another poster refers to McDonalds'  food, you say this:

Which I take to mean chicken nuggets and McDoubles, since that's what I was talking about.

Yet somehow - despite all of this being clearly documented, despite you understanding what the topic was earlier in the thread, despite you CLARIFYING that topic with another poster - somehow,  I'm the one who is changing positions midstream.  ::)

Once again, just like your imaginary ownings, just like the commonly used definition of nutrition all of this stuff is very clearly and thoroughly documented. A manic 1000-word post won't change that. Your time would be better spent burnishing your leathery hide on the beach.

And while you're at it, you can also save the energy you're wasting calling me stupid. No one is buying it ( including you) and it doesn't make your shallow arguments any more convincing. You'd be better off admitting that my "stupidity" is just your frustration that someone took the time to take apart your idiotic manifestos.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2016, 02:07:35 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2016, 02:26:54 PM »

I bet 98% of people working at my local McD have an iphone 5 or newer.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »

McDonalds hamburgers have 22 different chemicals in them, which can also be found in paint.  Countdown to McPellius claiming paint chemicals are good because he ate paint chips as a kid. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »

My pleasures are few in life. When I get up in the morning and scratch my head over the bathroom sink if there are less than fifteen follicles of hair in the sink than I consider it a personal victory. My ultimately futile battle against physical decline is still raging strong.

I have a 1 in 7 chance (I've kept track) of catching the green light on the corner of Kahekili and Ahuimanu. When it happens I let out a soft orgasmic moan and feel I have just experience a brief moment of eternal salvation, i.e., Heaven.

I've cut down considerably on my McDonald visits due in no small part when their "Dollar menu" was no longer a dollar but they continued to call it that. There was a bit of resentment on my part even though I knew their profit margin was virtually nonexistent and it was just a way to get you into the drive in. I fully acknowledge, accept and encourage that a business primary objective is to make a profit.

But McDonald's are everywhere and always open and so, as a long suffering ectomorph always on guard against going catabolic (which was beginning to percolate), I pulled into the next McDonalds which always manages to be on the right side of the road making for effortless access. Their unworldly customer service to suck in as many customers as possible seems to transcend into the realm of cosmic convenience. I almost feel as if the whole empire was created just to serve me.

It was with no small amount of bitter resentment when I placed my order for the $1.78 McDouble. I usually just buy one because paying almost $2 for something that use to cost $1 offends me deep into my core. But, there was that catabolic issue. Always the catabolic issue.

"That will be $2.09 sir," said the cheerful Filipino drive-through clerk.

"What? $2.09? What are you talking about?"

"With the new year, McDonald's decided to go back to the dollar McDoubles but you have to buy two. So it's two for $2. We just haven't change the price sign yet," replied the clerk with a sly grin as if he genuinely cared and was pleased that he was the first to introduce the new deal to me and enhance considerably the quality of my life.

He had no idea.

Suddenly I felt in full accord with Voltaire's character, Pangloss, that "All was for the best in this the best of all possible worlds."

I felt a warm glow come over me as I cranked up the stereo blasting the Beastie Boy's "Sure Shot" nodding my head like I was making it happen.

"Well, you seem like you're in a good mood," said my always engaging Par'Mach'kai. I then explained the unforeseen blessing that has just come to pass.

"Yeah, there's this big battle between BK and Micky Ds. I've been reading about it for a while now. Always going back and forth trying to one up each other. They'll be giving that crap away by the end of the year."

I smiled broadly, "America. What a great country. Fuck yeah!"

All is for the best in this the best of all possible worlds.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2016, 09:59:33 PM »
have you tried their mozzarella sticks?  I was disappointed :(

But the 24/7 mcmuffin... wow, that is stellar.   again, disgusting yet delicious as fck when you're really hungry.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2016, 10:10:57 PM »

But the 24/7 mcmuffin... wow, that is stellar.   again, disgusting yet delicious as fck when you're really hungry.

They have mozzarella sticks? I did not know that.

God, it's just keeps getting better and better.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2016, 10:34:06 PM »

i'm getting old.  i savor fresh grouper.  I eat a barrel of fruit each day.  I may not drink a drop of alcohol in 2016.  I'll have a mcmuffin if i'm starving and know i'm doing treadmill while watching GOT on the ipad that evening.... but today it's shrimp at home over domino's sandwich and a pizza on a tuesday night.

to me, it's just seeing i'm hitting 40 this year, and many 'young' faces I grew up with as a youth (rock stars, actors, etc) are dying from natural causes.  

above all, i've learned to walk away from stress.  maybe once a week i'll feel my blood pressure rise when something really irritating happens (usually another driver lol   At this age, I've just removed everything from life that I can, which really annoys me, and worked to understand/accept those things I can't.  

the mozz sucks were weak.   The sausage mcmuffin + large mocha frappe are badass... can't imagine the fat, nitrates, sugar, but yum fucking yum.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2016, 07:00:10 AM »

They were all right when they messed up and gave me six once. Not really worth the price of even a dollar for three of them, though.

I had 4 McDoubles and 2 mcchickens for lunch the other day.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »

^^
They are GREAT, and they give you an Italian marinara dipping sauce...
P.S.  PELLIUS, you have to try the M&M Ice Cream "McFlurry", I had one on my last cheat meal HOLY CRAP it's satisfying!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2016, 09:02:24 AM »
Pennyless showing shitso how a 10 page plus thread gets done.
Please. I invented them.

* I also helped facilitate this one.

#McLegend.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2016, 09:30:36 AM »
But you have to buy two which is perfect for me. Fifty grams of protein with just the right amount of fat and carbs. Actually, I don't really care about the fat and carbs and have no idea how much is in those burgers, just trying to make those "fitting your macros" guys happy.

Cheap, taste good, nutritious and filling. No need for fries or any other sides. Can't believe it was only a couple of days ago that I paid $1.75 for ONE McDouble.

More eating out and less cooking for me now.

America! Fuck Yeah!

I chimed in when this OP topic already has 12 pgs , which makes me feel better about my current diet.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »
Instead of McAdding ever-more crap to their menu, why doesnt McDonald's just make customers a McDecent burger?