Author Topic: Your most memorable jaw dropping moment in bbing  (Read 16015 times)

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Your most memorable jaw dropping moment in bbing
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 04:03:12 PM »
Jeff was 22 or 23 at the time I knew him. Crazy development for that age or any age. Also, a very laid back, nice guy.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »
Jesus you guys are too gay. Jaw dropping moment in bodybuilding. Fuck

Hey, let us old guys reminisce!  ;D

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 05:23:24 PM »
Ronnie Coleman hitching his thong during the 1998 Mr Olympia

1:05

??? :-X :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 05:29:47 PM »
Jaw did not drop, but saw Yates guest pose in Boston at 305 pounds.  It looked fake.
Y

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
(No homo)

Being a few rows back from the stage at the 2001 NZ grand prix and seeing a prime Ronnie hitting a rear double biceps and rear lat spread, was pretty nuts. literally everyone in the audience was going wtf.

(No homo)
nz sounds like a happening place ::)
w

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »
More old fart memories. 79 Southern Pro Cup. Robby Robinson looking like black marble losing to Mike Mentzer with a perfect score.

Mike and Ray Mentzer guest posing at Mr. Florida around 1980.

Eddie Robinson wining Teenage Florida and then Mr. Florida.

Seeing loads of guys I trained with and was friends with go on to win the Florida and the Southern States.

Rambling on having a senior moment getting off track.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »
(No homo)

Being a few rows back from the stage at the 2001 NZ grand prix and seeing a prime Ronnie hitting a rear double biceps and rear lat spread, was pretty nuts. literally everyone in the audience was going wtf.

(No homo)

Outed.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
Maybe the black & white photos of Yates....they bordered on inhuman.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »
First time was at the old Montreal Forum at a WWF show when I was about 15

If you walked through the middles the wrestlers were usually hanging out under the stairs watching the matches. The one side the faces came out of, the other side the heels.

I met Paul Orndorff, Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Jacques and Raymond Rougeau. Got all their autographs back when that meant something, they were all big fucking dudes but 2 things stood out for me

the amount of scars on Dynamites forehead and his massive yet short frame, had to be 5'6-5'8 max

the shredded mass of Paul Orndorff who was eating a massive chinese take of chicken fried rice lol

The second thing more bodybuilding related was going to the 87 mr Montreal and talking to Victor Richards. Guy was the biggest guy I had seen at that time.

Another guy who's build impressed me when I was still in Montreal was Claude Groulx who ran the gym I worked out at on and off from 93-96. He had just turned pro. Guy had some freaky ass calves and delts. Come to think of it he was the first guy to give me an ephedrine pill because I was there training with a friend and I had a hangover lol.
"

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
Lots of conservative twinks who aren't comfortable with their sexuality in this thread.
P

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
When I lived in Los Angeles for 1 year, Hidetada Yamsgishi walked outside my apartment as I was leaving. I stopped him and we chatted. He lived down the block from me. Knowing he was so close made me feel special.
X

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 10:41:38 PM »
Lots of conservative twinks who aren't comfortable with their sexuality in this thread.

Outed.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »
When I placed in the top-6 at the Olympia and then became an internet celebrity on Getbig.
a

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 11:42:40 PM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 12:28:17 AM »
Jesus you guys are too gay. Jaw dropping moment in bodybuilding. Fuck

what happened to your pal, 'no one'?

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 01:53:53 AM »
Vissy making Vince G his wife/bottom bytch.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 02:20:08 AM »
Jeff was 22 or 23 at the time I knew him. Crazy development for that age or any age. Also, a very laid back, nice guy.
Yup,one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

The only time I ever saw him mad was when someone broke into his locker and took his wallet........he looked insane and like he would kill the person if he found him.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 06:10:51 AM »
None, all my friends started lifting for sports so I did it myself.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 07:03:23 AM »
You know, that is the only movie I've seen to this day that inspires, and still inspires me.

The night I first saw the movie  I went with three of my friends. The oldest, who was 16 years old and was the only one who could drive, was a real bodybuilding fanatic, which was kind of odd in those days. He worship Arnold and had huge arms. There were only two gyms on the Island, Mit's gym and a gym owned by Tommy Kono. Both were in town so most had home gyms. My 16 year old friend, John Kaiser, had quite a set up for those days. It was kept in a corner of a room IN his house. His mom was single and encouraged his weight lifting because she believed it would keep him away from drugs which is always a huge concern with good parents in Hawaii. Not only did he have a bench and squat rack but he actually had a serious of pulley machines that he made himself so he could do lat pulldowns and cable rows. That was really something in those days. I copied some of his designs for my own home gym.

After the movie, John drove us back to his house to show us his home gym. That was the first time I saw it. He also had a stack of Weider mags and posted a bunch of pics on the wall. I remember, when I became familiar with who they were, he had pics of Arnold, Louie, Franco and Robby. I think there was one of Waller as well. None of Nubret though.

Anyway, all four of us started working out in his gym like crazy. Must have been close to midnight. We all took off our shirts, looked in the mirror, and started doing the poses we saw in the movie making fun of each other. I remember standing in front of the mirror (he put up mirrors on one side of the wall) and said, "An unexpected entry, Pellius." And I started to flex my non existent abs. We measured John's arms and they were over 16 inches. It was a riot.

He didn't live too far from me and would ride my bike to his house to check out his mags and that's how I became familiar with the bbers of the day. I remember an article by Arnold that was titled "Ken, you've got to plug up those holes!" He also mentioned in the the article that Waller had "Fantastic, out of sight, calves!"

Great story inspired from Pumping Iron !

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »
when i was a little kid seeing this guy tearing down temples...
F

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 07:39:31 AM »
when i was a little kid seeing this guy tearing down temples...
Probably my first memory of ever seeing a bodybuilder on television.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »
Probably seeing a near 300lb Dorian Yates walking round Temple Gym back in early 1997.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 07:46:54 AM »
Hah! I saw it for the second time also when it came out on PBS on a black and white Philco TV. When that part came where they had Arnold posing during the prejudging and everyone in my family was grossed out, my sister said, "That's how Pellius wants to look like." It was said in a mocking and sarcastic manner. And they all looked at me like a weirdo. One of my brothers looked  at me and said, "Really?"

I'm sure my sister doesn't remember this at all but it stuck with me. I was always kind of self-conscious lifting weights because my family always made fun of me. "Wow! Such big muscles", "Are you trying to get sexy legs" (while doing calf raises), "My brother the he-man. LOL!"

I use to hide my weight gain powder in my closet so nobody would see it.

Another great story. I can relate as I used to hide my copy of the old " Muscle Builder and Power" under my books as a high school senior LOL.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016, 07:52:27 AM »
My jaw dropped when this creature somehow won 2 Arnold Classics back to back

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2016, 08:54:35 AM »
Another pic etched in my mind.   Robby Robinson on the cover of Muscle Builder and Power doing a double Bi with the caption "Monster".