Author Topic: Former Gov. Gary Johnson Announces Entry Into 2016 Presidential Race  (Read 5830 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Fact: You are either going to live in Trump town or Hillary town, that's the 2 choices. You can protest all you want, but that doesn't accomplish anything but help elect Hillary in the end and get you moved to Hillary Town.

let's see what polls say as time passes.  hilary/Trump are the 2 most hated we've ever seen.  We never know if a 3rd party guy could get 40% and (with the other two taking 30% each), actually win it.

Johnson is at 11% already.  If he gets up to 15%, he gets in the debate.  It's 2016, when a lying shill like hilary and a dem plant obnoxious blowhard like Trump have managed to win nominations.  If there's ANY year where anything can happen, it's this one.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Johnson's ideas suck when it comes to immigration.  He uses faggified, worn-out lines about "Americans won't do it!" and "that's racist!" etc.

He's just another weak gimp when it comes to immigration, and his ideas are self-defeating trash when it comes to the issue.

But he knows, too, it's a way to increase his chances to be heard through the media.  Giving the message it wants politicians to give.

Either way, he's acting like a flake and I don't appreciate it.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Johnson's ideas suck when it comes to immigration.  He uses faggified, worn-out lines about "Americans won't do it!" and "that's racist!" etc.

He's just another weak gimp when it comes to immigration, and his ideas are self-defeating trash when it comes to the issue.

But he knows, too, it's a way to increase his chances to be heard through the media.  Giving the message it wants politicians to give.

Either way, he's acting like a flake and I don't appreciate it.

But it is mostly racist.

No one cares about the illegals from Ireland or Canada or China... They only seem to care about the illegals that are of Latino or Middle Eastern decent.

Correct?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
But it is mostly racist.

No one cares about the illegals from Ireland or Canada or China... They only seem to care about the illegals that are of Latino or Middle Eastern decent.

Correct?

Only the most reptilian form of any argument could be racist.  And when it comes to this situation, it's what people use when they want to "show" that an anti-immigration argument "must" be as low as racism.

No, the real story is that we (typical, everyday people) cannot compete against the reckless, pointless, stupid level of population growth in the rest of the world.  We need to protect ourselves from it.  It has done too much damage to the civilized world already and it can only get worse.

And btw, people from places like Ireland and Canada aren't likely to offer themselves up as slaves.  That may have something to do with it.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Only the most reptilian form of any argument could be racist.  And when it comes to this situation, it's what people use when they want to "show" that an anti-immigration argument "must" be as low as racism.

No, the real story is that we (typical, everyday people) cannot compete against the reckless, pointless, stupid level of population growth in the rest of the world.  We need to protect ourselves from it.  It has done too much damage to the civilized world already and it can only get worse.

And btw, people from places like Ireland and Canada aren't likely to offer themselves up as slaves.  That may have something to do it.

They are still illegal though right? Shouldn't we hate them as much as the rest of the "illegals" we claim to be against.

Somehow we don't seem to consider those people "illegal".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Fact: You are either going to live in Trump town or Hillary town, that's the 2 choices. You can protest all you want, but that doesn't accomplish anything but help elect Hillary in the end and get you moved to Hillary Town.

Or you could vote for neither one. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
They are still illegal though right? Shouldn't we hate them as much as the rest of the "illegals" we claim to be against.

Somehow we don't seem to consider those people "illegal".

Um, you are free to hate whatever you want.  If it is a matter of degradation to the value of work (and it is), then I'd say that may answer it for you.

Btw, I hope you don't think you're informing me that we have racists in our society.  And anyone who thinks race is a valid argument against immigration, needs to get their Loser stick ready to hit themselves with it.  Because it is not only a silly idea, but it won't work.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Um, you are free to hate whatever you want.  If it is a matter of degradation to the value of work (and it is), then I'd say that may answer it for you.

Btw, I hope you don't think you're informing me that we have racists in our society.  And anyone who thinks race is a valid argument against immigration, needs to get their Loser stick ready to hit themselves with it.  Because it is not only a silly idea, but it won't work.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to convey I suppose.

I do think race is somewhat a valid argument we do not treat all illegals the same based on their race. It's not me doing it. It's others.

Trump never talked about those evil Canadians or Irish did he? My point is that if we are going to be against immigration, because they are illegal, we shouldn't be labeling the heritage as a problem. That's what Trump and many of his supporters have done.

That's all I'm saying.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to convey I suppose.

I do think race is somewhat a valid argument we do not treat all illegals the same based on their race. It's not me doing it. It's others.

Trump never talked about those evil Canadians or Irish did he? My point is that if we are going to be against immigration, because they are illegal, we shouldn't be labeling the heritage as a problem. That's what Trump and many of his supporters have done.

That's all I'm saying.

I mean it (race) isn't a valid argument to use against much of anything, and immigration is no different in that regard.

But I understand people will do it, especially when they're around others who pretend to validate it.

No, plenty of quality people out there from all races, and that is a fact.   If someone recognizes problems with immigration and wants to express it, then that person should steer completely away from mentioning race.  100% away from it.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
I mean it (race) isn't a valid argument to use against much of anything, and immigration is no different in that regard.

But I understand people will do it, especially when they're around others who pretend to validate it.

No, plenty of quality people out there from all races, and that is a fact.   If someone recognizes problems with immigration and wants to express it, then that person should steer completely away from mentioning race.  100% away from it.

I agree with your premise. It should never be about race, but often times it is.

When Trump says they send us their worst. Their criminals... So on... and he does it to two very specific ethnic backgrounds, well, you get what I'm saying.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I agree with your premise. It should never be about race, but often times it is.

When Trump says they send us their worst. Their criminals... So on... and he does it to two very specific ethnic backgrounds, well, you get what I'm saying.

Yes.  He won't come out and say the real solution (attacking the profit-making) so he should stfu about it until he's ready to do that.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

More often than not.  Don't give in to these retards.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Fantasyland.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Libertarian hopeful Johnson insists he can mount competitive campaign
By Eugene Scott, CNN
Sat June 11, 2016

Washington (CNN) — Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson said Saturday his ticket is moving toward raising the $20 million that he says is needed to launch a competitive presidential bid -- even though he had a paltry $15,000 in the bank as of his most recent campaign finance report.

"When I interviewed you and former Gov. (Bill) Weld just a couple of weeks ago, we noted that you had at the last filing period about $15,000 on hand. Frankly, that's not enough to buy you a good used car," CNN's Victor Blackwell told Johnson. "But Gov. Weld said that you need $20 to $30 million to really get into the conversation and for people to take you seriously. How's that progress? Are you raising the big-dollar donations that you would need to get to this $20 to $30 million threshold that Gov. Weld said?"

"It is a process, so first you got to engage in dialogue and that dialogue is actually occurring," Johnson replied on "CNN Newsroom." "There has to be interest. That interest is there. Has that $20 to $30 million transpired? Meaning have checks been written? Not to this point, but it is a process. And it looks pretty bright."

At the end of the April filing period, the most recent period for which data is available, Johnson had $14,924 cash on hand, though that was before Johnson officially became the Libertarian Party's nominee. He cited a recent Fox News poll that found him earning 12% support, which he said should encourage voters. To qualify for a major presidential debate, a candidate must cross a threshold of at least 15% in multiple national polls.

"It's pretty darn remarkable to be at this level in the polls for the amount of money we have spent," Johnson said. "We are taking advantage of social media and earned media. I think it speaks volumes to what we might do in office being fiscally conservative, being very frugal."

2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney, who has ruled out voting for presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Friday that he would take a look at Johnson's policies to see if he's someone he "could end up voting for."

Johnson said Saturday that others should join Romney in giving the Libertarian ticket a closer look.

"I think Mitt Romney hit it on the head. He said, 'Hey, I'm going to check out Gary Johnson and see what he's got to say,'" Johnson said. "I think that kind of scrutiny holds up under the light of day."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/politics/gary-johnson-fundraising-libertarian-party/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
CNN Finds Gary Johnson At 13%, Only Two Points From Debate Inclusion
Published on July 17, 2016  in 2016 Presidential Debates  by J. Wilson

The most important number in politics this year is 15%. That’s the threshold that the Commission on Presidential Debates has set for inclusion. It was set that high after Ross Perot’s candidacy to keep third parties out and it’s worked until this point. But no more. Gary Johnson has consistently polled at double digits coming as high as 12% in the latest CBS/NYT poll. Less than a week later CNN’s latest poll came out showing Gary Johnson at 13%. He’s now only two points from Presidential debate inclusion with more than two months to go until the first debate.

It’s been twenty four years since a third party candidate has been in the Presidential debates. The last time Americans saw a third voice on the stage was when Ross Perot was allowed into the debates in 1992. Perot didn’t make the stage when he ran again in 1996 and no other third party candidate has been seen since. The two party duopoly has marched on and the public has been lead to believe that they only have two choices. It’s been a successful ruse because of the universal visibility of the Presidential debates and the legitimacy they confer. If there’s only two people on the stage the public at large won’t bother to even look for another choice.

That’s why getting in to the Presidential debates is so critical. It’s the way that a candidate can show they have just as legitimate of a shot of being elected President as the other two. It’s the only way to reach the hundred million voters in the country who aren’t following the election closely enough to know there are more than two choices. Getting into the debates was a milestone for Perot’s campaign and a major contributor towards his eventual 19% of the vote.

Perot’s run was the best showing for a third party since Teddy Roosevelt’s run in 1912 wherein he captured 27% of the vote and won 88 electoral votes. Unfortunately, Roosevelt didn’t keep Woodrow Wilson under the 266 electoral college votes required at the time. In addition to 15%, the other important number this year is 270. Gary Johnson has to be able to win a state and keep the other two candidates under 270 electoral college votes in order to throw the election into the House. Then he can be elected by the Republican controlled body that despises Trump and Clinton.

Although, in order for any of that to happen, Gary Johnson first has to close the two point gap and get to 15%. Once he does that this all becomes possible and it becomes a true three way race. With more than two months to go until the first Presidential debate, it’s looking like it’s only a matter of time before that happens.

https://alibertarianfuture.com/2016-election/2016-presidential-debates/cnn-finds-gary-johnson-13-two-points-debate-inclusion/

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
All the dope has gone to his brain.  He doesn't provide a solution.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Can somebody please tell this asshole to piss off??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If he's at 13 percent and rising, why would he "piss off"?  I'd like to see him in the debates.  Hope he gets there.  Could be the first step towards breaking up the two-party monopoly. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
If he's at 13 percent and rising, why would he "piss off"?  I'd like to see him in the debates.  Hope he gets there.  Could be the first step towards breaking up the two-party monopoly.  

Get Jill stein on stage  as well and you might be onto something.

Otherwise it is a waste of time. No different than 92

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Get Jill stein on stage  as well and you might be onto something.

Otherwise it is a waste of time. No different than 92

I'm all for it.  We're never going to break this stranglehold if we don't actually do something about it.  How can you not be disgusted that you repeatedly get stuck with two crappy choices?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If he's at 13 percent and rising, why would he "piss off"?  I'd like to see him in the debates.  Hope he gets there.  Could be the first step towards breaking up the two-party monopoly.  

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
If he's at 13 percent and rising, why would he "piss off"?  I'd like to see him in the debates.  Hope he gets there.  Could be the first step towards breaking up the two-party monopoly. 

Agreed. I hope like hell he gets in there.

His message will resonate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Former Gov. Gary Johnson Announces Entry Into 2016 Presidential Race
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »
Libertarian Gary Johnson Optimistic He'll Debate Hillary, Trump
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |    Wednesday, 17 Aug 2016

Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson said Wednesday he believes there is a 50 percent chance he will end up on the presidential debate stage, thanks to analytics that are "off the charts."

"Right now we're doubling every three weeks and just the last couple of days, we raised $2 million online, which for us is unprecedented," said the former New Mexico governor, who appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program with running mate Bill Weld.

"I mean, it really gives us a shot at winning this," he continued about the fundraising effort. "Neither of us would be doing this if we didn't think we had the opportunity to actually win the whole thing."

Johnson needs to achieve a 15 percent overall average in the nation's major polls to reach the debate stage. According to the FiveThirtyEight.com blog, Johnson is at nearly 10 percent support in an average of the most recent polls approved by the Commission on Presidential Debates, and at 8 percent in non-commission polls.

The polls that are counted for the September and October debate stages are from the the ABC News/Washington Post, CBS News/New York Times, CNN, Fox News, and NBC News/Wall Street Journal.

Johnson, meanwhile, had some difficulty answering a question from Bloomberg Politics editor Mark Halperin concerning federal agencies he'd close if elected.

Johnson quickly answered that he'd close the departments of education, commerce, and housing, but then said if "they were doing something of value, we would look be looking to continue those operations."

"It's easy to say you just eliminate those departments and also easy to say, 'Well, the good things would be kept,'" said Halperin. "But those departments all do a lot of stuff. You can't identify any specific things that they do?"

"You're asking three departments and I'm giving them to you," said Johnson. "Let's just take the assumption that they should be eliminated."

Weld, a former governor of Massachusetts, jumped in to say that both he and Johnson are familiar with starting budgets with zero balances.

"Every account starts the year at zero unless it justifies itself through performance the prior year," said Weld. "In Washington, as you well know, unless the program grows by 5 percent every year, they call that a cut. That's not how we file our budgets. We would file a balanced budget in year one."

There was also some disagreement between the two over handling extremist terrorism, with Johnson saying "we just want to be non-interventionists" who don't want to be involved in regime change, but Weld called for a "specialized task force" domestically for lone-wolf terrorists.

"You have to send in a special force if ISIS should become isolated for example, in south Yemen and you could deliver," Weld said. "I think we have to be prepared for that."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Gary-Johnson-Optimistic-Debate-Clinton/2016/08/17/id/743990/#ixzz4HcU2tOGx

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2016, 12:38:13 PM »
Agreed. I hope like hell he gets in there.

His message will resonate.

Could you give a little more detail about that?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:13 PM »
Johnson is at nearly 10 percent support in an average of the most recent polls approved by the Commission on Presidential Debates, and at 8 percent in non-commission polls.

But this means his numbers are falling.