Author Topic: Trump will Destroy Hillary in a General Election  (Read 44530 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Trump will Destroy Hillary in a General Election
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »
It means that if you base your campaign on insulting women, it could still make you the GOP winner, but it can only lend itself to an ass-stomping in the general election.

That doesn't prove or even lend credence to the claim that Trump is not serious.

Cruz is just as toxic as Trump in a general election so I guess his campaign is also a goof meant to secretly aid Hillary

Also, isn't that projected ass stomping more "conventional wisdom"?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2016, 10:36:56 AM »
I'm holding out just as much as anyone for a modern day crisp, svelte version of 1980 Ronald Reagan to show up but I just don't think he's there.

Pickins are slim this year and I think The Don is best we got.  :-\

Yep, he's our only chance and he knows it.  That's it, right there: he knows it, now.  So he is either going to make us very happy or we will want to chase him off the planet, with pitchforks.  He needs to start acting right, or we are going to be fucked.

But no questioning it, now, whether he knows it's all on him.  He knows.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
That doesn't prove or even lend credence to the claim that Trump is not serious.

Cruz is just as toxic as Trump in a general election so I guess his campaign is also a good meant to secretly aid Hillary

Also, isn't that projected ass stomping more "conventional wisdom"?

The fact we have about half women in our population is a much greater piece of wisdom than all else combined, so that's where the concern is.

And Cruz IMO stayed within the bounds of expectation.  He's a liar and everything else, but unfortunately we've come to expect those things.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2016, 10:46:04 AM »
The fact we have about half women in our population is a much greater piece of wisdom than all else combined, so that's where the concern is.

And Cruz IMO stayed within the bounds of expectation.  He's a liar and everything else, but unfortunately we've come to expect those things.

I think you're forgetting that Trump says women love him

Also Republicans have never catered to women's issues so Trump is par for the course.

Suggesting he is pissing off women and that is proof his candidacy is a joke makes no sense. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
I think you're forgetting that Trump says women love him

Also Republicans have never catered to women's issues so Trump is par for the course.

Suggesting he is pissing off women and that is proof his candidacy is a joke makes no sense. 

Yes, we'll see.  I hope he channels himself well from this point on.  Because maybe not even he knows how pissed many will be, if it appears he's fucking about when everything is on the line.  Game is over, and it's time to get real.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2016, 10:59:13 AM »
Yes, we'll see.  I hope he channels himself well from this point on.  Because maybe not even he knows how pissed many will be, if it appears he's fucking about when everything is on the line.  Game is over, and it's time to get real.

Maybe he's a delusional malignant narcissist...just exactly how he appears to be

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »
Maybe he's a delusional malignant narcissist...just exactly how he appears to be

Yes, I agree.  But he's not a child.  He's had more than enough experience to know what's up.

And as far as the position he's in, right now, there's absolutely no way he doesn't realize that the product of his behavior so-far can only lead to one thing: Madame President.  That's where the suspicions come from.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »
Yes, I agree.  But he's not a child.  He's had more than enough experience to know what's up.

And as far as the position he's in, right now, there's absolutely no way he doesn't realize that the product of his behavior so-far can only lead to one thing: Madame President.  That's where the suspicions come from.

His behavior, criticized by almost everyone since Day 1 of his campaign, has allowed him to destroy everyone other candidate in his party.  He has been the dominant Republican candidate since Day 1 (think back to 2012 when every nutbag was the front runner for a few weeks)

Why should his "experience" lead to him to believe he can't beat Hillary by continuing to do more of what has worked so far?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »
Are you predicting right now that Hillary wins 40 states?

Have some courage for once in your life and take a stand.

I predicted minute 1 that it'd be hilary vs trump.  And I predicted minute one that ONE OF THEM would win by 40 states. 

I haven't made my final prediction yet, I'll do that this summer.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2016, 11:50:33 AM »
His behavior, criticized by almost everyone since Day 1 of his campaign, has allowed him to destroy everyone other candidate in his party.  He has been the dominant Republican candidate since Day 1 (think back to 2012 when every nutbag was the front runner for a few weeks)

Why should his "experience" lead to him to believe he can't beat Hillary by continuing to do more of what has worked so far?

That's your answer.  Because he knows that he's only needed to appeal to a certain group of voters up to this point.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
That's your answer.  Because he knows that he's only needed to appeal to a certain group of voters up to this point.

So what

Do you think he believes his authentic self won't appeal to the masses?

I don't get that impression from him

Do you think Cruz is going to stop being a batshit crazy fundies douche bag if be somehow becomes the nominee?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »
in the general election - yes, I believe cruz would stop talking about forced abortions and other extreme topics, and focus on jobs and national security, issues that most people kinda agree with. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2016, 12:10:22 PM »
So what

Do you think he believes his authentic self won't appeal to the masses?

I don't get that impression from him

Do you think Cruz is going to stop being a batshit crazy fundies douche bag if be somehow becomes the nominee?

He knows when he angers someone and what result to expect from it, whether it be an overall positive or negative for his stated cause.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
in the general election - yes, I believe cruz would stop talking about forced abortions and other extreme topics, and focus on jobs and national security, issues that most people kinda agree with. 

You're fucking high if you think Cruz would change his rhetoric.
He truly believes that is what America wants
Also how many times have you opined on this board that Repubs need to nominate a hard right winger to draw out that silent/imaginary majority of far right wing voters who would otherwise stay home.
Now you're saying Cruz would/should act like Romney in order to win?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2016, 12:35:23 PM »
I predicted minute 1 that it'd be hilary vs trump.  And I predicted minute one that ONE OF THEM would win by 40 states. 

How does that square with your belief that Trump was "planted" by Bill Clinton to help Hillary win?

How does Trump winning 40 States help Hillary win?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
You're fucking high if you think Cruz would change his rhetoric.
He truly believes that is what America wants
Also how many times have you opined on this board that Repubs need to nominate a hard right winger to draw out that silent/imaginary majority of far right wing voters who would otherwise stay home.
Now you're saying Cruz would/should act like Romney in order to win?

ROmney acted like a far-right conservative in order to get the nomination.  bragged about being so so conservative, had the audacity to call others a liberal lol.  Once he reached the general election, he went moderate.  When he did one time speak as a far-right candidate (with the hidden camera at that dinner about 47%), it sank him. 

same with obama, being the liberal's liberal to get the 2008 nomination, then becoming the generic hope/change candidate to win swing voters that did support Bush earlier. 

You don't think every candidate in this race will swing center to appeal to the middle 6% that decide every election?  Um, 47% is already voting repub, and 47% is already voting dem.  The middles chose Reagan, chose CLinton, chose bush, and chose obama. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »
ROmney acted like a far-right conservative in order to get the nomination.  bragged about being so so conservative, had the audacity to call others a liberal lol.  Once he reached the general election, he went moderate.  When he did one time speak as a far-right candidate (with the hidden camera at that dinner about 47%), it sank him. 

same with obama, being the liberal's liberal to get the 2008 nomination, then becoming the generic hope/change candidate to win swing voters that did support Bush earlier. 

You don't think every candidate in this race will swing center to appeal to the middle 6% that decide every election?  Um, 47% is already voting repub, and 47% is already voting dem.  The middles chose Reagan, chose CLinton, chose bush, and chose obama. 

And how many times have you said on this board that the RINO strategy is a loser and the Rebubs can only win by running a hard right wing douche like Cruz (and how many times have I told you that is nuts)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2016, 12:48:58 PM »

I guess Trump winning 40 states in the general election is just what you would expect a Democratic plant to do.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »

I'm finally starting to understand your "plant" theory now.
Trump wins the general election then he tells his VP "You're Fired".   
Then he appoints Hillary VP and then he resigns
It finally all makes sense.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
No, to be fair to 240, it's possible Trump will experience some reflection that he hadn't before.  He is in rare space, now.

So he'd better get his shit in gear.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »
No, to be fair to 240, it's possible Trump will experience some reflection that he hadn't before.  He is in rare space, now.

So he'd better get his shit in gear.

He is already right within the margin of error in a head to head matchup with Hillary.

And that's before even getting on stage.

Americans love theatrics and performances and Trump is incredible while Hillary is absolutely terrible.

Trump is going to be just fine once he takes the narrative out of the media and writes his own by exposing Hillary's flaws in a one on one matchup in front of hundreds of millions of people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »
Trump is going to be just fine once he takes the narrative out of the media and writes his own by exposing Hillary's flaws in a one on one matchup in front of hundreds of millions of people.

Hilary is shady, corrupt... but most would agree she'd be a competent president.  Obama II, of course, but she isn't going to drive the train off a cliff.  Most of us can already predict a Clinton presidency, it'll be just like the obama presidency.

Now, a trump presidency is a BIG question mark.  He's mocking saudi princes for spending daddy's money (ironic).  He's shitting on GER Merkel because she beat him in a Time Mag poll.  He's attacking world leaders on twitter out of boredom... and those are powerful people that don't forget, capable of screwing us in a million little ways.

More importantly - I think most of us agree Trump has an issue with self-control.  He cannot stop himself at times.  He reacts emotionally on social media late at night, and is very inconsistent on a lot of things.

Trump will be WAY better in debates and interviews than Hilary... but as far as fcking controlling himself... Can he do it?  Will he magically go from being a smart-ass, loud-mouth for 69 years, into a dignified Reagan overnight?   Doubt it...

(This doesn't even get into his very thin understanding of foreign policy and erratic speech this week)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »
Hilary is shady, corrupt... but most would agree she'd be a competent president.  Obama II, of course, but she isn't going to drive the train off a cliff.  Most of us can already predict a Clinton presidency, it'll be just like the obama presidency.

Now, a trump presidency is a BIG question mark.  He's mocking saudi princes for spending daddy's money (ironic).  He's shitting on GER Merkel because she beat him in a Time Mag poll.  He's attacking world leaders on twitter out of boredom... and those are powerful people that don't forget, capable of screwing us in a million little ways.

More importantly - I think most of us agree Trump has an issue with self-control.  He cannot stop himself at times.  He reacts emotionally on social media late at night, and is very inconsistent on a lot of things.

Trump will be WAY better in debates and interviews than Hilary... but as far as fcking controlling himself... Can he do it?  Will he magically go from being a smart-ass, loud-mouth for 69 years, into a dignified Reagan overnight?   Doubt it...

(This doesn't even get into his very thin understanding of foreign policy and erratic speech this week)

Completely agree but you have to admit he has looked pretty crisp and presidential here lately after conceding to allow himself to read off the teleprompter.

He butchered a few words here and there but all in all I think it really helped his presentation rather than just going into crazy ass, off-the-cuff wing it mode.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »
Completely agree but you have to admit he has looked pretty crisp and presidential here lately after conceding to allow himself to read off the teleprompter.

He butchered a few words here and there but all in all I think it really helped his presentation rather than just going into crazy ass, off-the-cuff wing it mode.

I'm not sure people will trade smooth, slick, witty... for competent.

Even when reading a prepared speech about foreign policy, he contradicted himself over and over, and it was STILL non-specific, written in vague terms about kicking everyone's ass and everyone loving us.   No specifics, and those in his own party agree with it.  The weak ones are jumping on the bandwagon as he seems inevitable, but voters...

I think many will say "I love trump, he's funny and witty and Hilary looks like shit... BUT I don't think he is really a good fit for the POTUS job".

I'm sure there are witty, hilarious, good looking accountants at age 22, right outta college... but the fat bald dude with ear hair at 57 years old is probably going to do a much better job. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2016, 04:22:48 PM »
I'm not sure people will trade smooth, slick, witty... for competent.

Even when reading a prepared speech about foreign policy, he contradicted himself over and over, and it was STILL non-specific, written in vague terms about kicking everyone's ass and everyone loving us.   No specifics, and those in his own party agree with it.  The weak ones are jumping on the bandwagon as he seems inevitable, but voters...

I think many will say "I love trump, he's funny and witty and Hilary looks like shit... BUT I don't think he is really a good fit for the POTUS job".

I'm sure there are witty, hilarious, good looking accountants at age 22, right outta college... but the fat bald dude with ear hair at 57 years old is probably going to do a much better job.  

Trump has been down for months now but the momentum is swinging in his favor. 38% to 38% today in a poll. Dead even with all the momentum at his back.

He has relegated himself to the teleprompter, obviously on the good advice of handlers and although he sounds like a 5th grader who butchers the occasional word while reading in front of the class, it is May and as a quick learner he will have this part of the process down pat by August. His delivery will have improved by leaps and bounds.

Trump is taking an obvious move to center. Working to heal the wounds caused by a bloody nomination battle by softening the tone.  

I don't know that Trump will ever be the guy "you wanna have a beer with" ala George W. but he can at least be the fun, character type boss who can give you decent conversation on a business trip versus Hillary who is the mean bitch you are deathly afraid to knock on the door when you hit a ball into her back yard as a kid. Or as an adult, that next door neighbor you just try to avoid in general.