Author Topic: Sharyl Attkisson: US Had Teams Ready to Stop Benghazi But Were Called Off  (Read 2133 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Sheryl Attkisson better watch out.  She is already on the president's enemies list.  That aside, I wish someone could be held accountable for this.  I saw an interview last night with family members of those killed.  Heartbreaking.  They deserved so much better.   

Sharyl Attkisson: US Had Teams Ready to Stop Benghazi But Were Called Off
By Greg Richter   
Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016

The United States had several teams and potential rescuers ready to act during the 2012 Benghazi attacks — but they were stopped from acting, possibly by the White House, Emmy Award-winning journalist Sharyl Attkisson told Newsmax TV on Wednesday.

"This is something that the president and the White House has steadfastly denied," Attkisson told "The Steve Malzberg Show" in an interview.

Attkisson has a segment on the assaults — which killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and four other Americans, including two former Navy SEALs — on this week's edition of her syndicated news-magazine show, "Full Measure With Sharyl Attkisson."

"But there's now what I would call an overwhelming body of evidence that leads us to believe that somebody stopped a number of teams and potential rescuers from entering Libya or going to Benghazi to help while those attacks were underway," she said. "They could have gotten there."

"They could have gotten there before the last two Americans died," Attkisson added. "Those attacks went on for eight hours."

Another segment details the tense standoff between Senate Republicans and President Barack Obama over the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Attkisson interviewed South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, for the report.

"Lindsey Graham says the president is delusional if he thinks this is the time to shut down Guantanamo Bay," she told Malzberg. "But it's a matter of authority — and Congress has tried to restrict the president's authority to bring prisoners here and to do other things.

"The president has made it clear that he will go outside Congress' authority and sometimes even outside the law to accomplish what he wants to accomplish," Attkisson said. "It's an interesting showdown."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/sharyl-attkisson-benghazi-teams-called-off/2016/01/13/id/709374/#ixzz3xG2Q1ig4

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
republicans should hold a competent investigation.

i know they did 7 or 8 investigations already, but these were run by GOP party lapdogs more focused on giving speeches to fox news, than they were about bringing hilary to justice.  Bragging about pulling down her poll numbers?  Asinine.  Promising to drag it out until oct 2016?  Shithead partisan hacks.   They don't care about justice, they care about politics.

absfabs

• Getbig III
Sheryl Attkisson better watch out.  She is already on the president's enemies list.  That aside, I wish someone could be held accountable for this.  I saw an interview last night with family members of those killed.  Heartbreaking.  They deserved so much better.   

By Greg Richter   
Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016

The United States had several teams and potential rescuers ready to act during the 2012 Benghazi attacks — but they were stopped from acting, possibly by the White House, Emmy Award-winning journalist Sharyl Attkisson told Newsmax TV on Wednesday.

"This is something that the president and the White House has steadfastly denied," Attkisson told "The Steve Malzberg Show" in an interview.

Attkisson has a segment on the assaults — which killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and four other Americans, including two former Navy SEALs — on this week's edition of her syndicated news-magazine show, "Full Measure With Sharyl Attkisson."

"But there's now what I would call an overwhelming body of evidence that leads us to believe that somebody stopped a number of teams and potential rescuers from entering Libya or going to Benghazi to help while those attacks were underway," she said. "They could have gotten there."

"They could have gotten there before the last two Americans died," Attkisson added. "Those attacks went on for eight hours."

Another segment details the tense standoff between Senate Republicans and President Barack Obama over the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Attkisson interviewed South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, for the report.

"Lindsey Graham says the president is delusional if he thinks this is the time to shut down Guantanamo Bay," she told Malzberg. "But it's a matter of authority — and Congress has tried to restrict the president's authority to bring prisoners here and to do other things.

"The president has made it clear that he will go outside Congress' authority and sometimes even outside the law to accomplish what he wants to accomplish," Attkisson said. "It's an interesting showdown."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/sharyl-attkisson-benghazi-teams-called-off/2016/01/13/id/709374/#ixzz3xG2Q1ig4

Trump 'any exec order can be undone as soon as next prez in'

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

By Greg Richter   
Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016

Too bad that claim has been proven false by every single Republican investigation but what the fuck, might as well repeat it again so right wing dipshits can repost it to messages boards and pretend that it's true

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Such a shame that those shitty Republicans, who have secretly worked to hand the POTUS office to a Kenyan born Muslim in the biggest cover up in history are also now working to cover up the deaths that he and his Administration are responsible for.   Shitty Republicans just can't be trusted to do the right thing.  Ever. 

absfabs

• Getbig III

By Greg Richter   
Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016

Worst prez of all time, Obama, now starting to look loonier than ever!   8T to 21T debt and double digit real unemployment for 8 year! woo weeee  worse than FDR who caused the great depression

240 is Back

• Getbig V
why the mother fvck didn't this person come fwd with this information BEFORE?   Like, over the past 4 years and 8 investigations?

Suddenly we get a "bombshell" two weeks before a close Iowa caucus?   Sorry, but this smells like shit (and I do think hilary is guilty here)

We have an "Emmy Award-winning journalist" who comes to uber-republican NEWSMAX right before Hilary in a big battle for Iowa.  Sorry, but this smells politically-driven like crazy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Too bad that claim has been proven false by every single Republican investigation but what the fuck, might as well repeat it again so right wing dipshits can repost it to messages boards and pretend that it's true

Show me where it's been PROVEN false.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Per Republican Investigation and reported on Fox News

No stand down order or military missteps in Benghazi attack, GOP-controlled intel panel finds
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/21/no-stand-down-order-or-military-missteps-in-benghazi-attack-gop-controlled.html

WASHINGTON –  A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya.

The report alleges no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies surrounding the incident, the report concludes that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

The report blames the Obama administration's inaccurate portrayal of the attack as having evolved from a protest on fragmentary and contradictory intelligence from the CIA. It finds no intent to mislead the American public.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Some media lady waits 4 years and drops a bombshell right before elections?  

Why should we trust this media talking head?  Why did she wait?  Shady.  

And "you cannot prove it false" is how 3rd graders argue.  Apply it to anything... Doesn't fly the burden of proof is on the accuser.  And if ya don't know, now Ya know. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Sharyl Attkisson: US Had Teams Ready to Stop Benghazi But Were Called Off
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
Some media lady waits 4 years and drops a bombshell right before elections?  

Why should we trust this media talking head?  Why did she wait?  Shady.  

And "you cannot prove it false" is how 3rd graders argue.  Apply it to anything... Doesn't fly the burden of proof is on the accuser.  And if ya don't know, now Ya know. 

repeating a proven lie is not dropping a bombshell and ....newsflash, no one is watching NewsmaxTV where this so called "bombshell" was dropped.

The results of that GOP investigation was released over a year ago so you can't really expect dipshits like Bum and Coach to have heard about it yet

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »

Show us where it's been PROVEN you can comprehend simple facts.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 12:24:49 PM »
Per Republican Investigation and reported on Fox News

No stand down order or military missteps in Benghazi attack, GOP-controlled intel panel finds
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/21/no-stand-down-order-or-military-missteps-in-benghazi-attack-gop-controlled.html

Nope wrong again...the only investigation to actually question the individuals involved ...said there was an order.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »

Nope wrong again...the only investigation to actually question the individuals involved ...said there was an order.

great job providing a link

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 04:58:47 PM »
great job providing a link

Who are you going to believe? A washed up old hag that rode on the coattails of her husband to get where she's at and become a useless Secretary of State OR straight from the horses mouth from three of the soldiers that actually witnessed it. I know what who you'll pick.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 05:08:35 PM »
Who are you going to believe? A washed up old hag that rode on the coattails of her husband to get where she's at and become a useless Secretary of State OR straight from the horses mouth from three of the soldiers that actually witnessed it. I know what who you'll pick.

I guess you can  longer trust Fox News or the Republicans who conducted the investigation

Looks like you also can't trust Petraeus or the US Military either

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/capitol-hill/2016/01/06/dem-petraeus-again-debunks-benghazi-theories/78381456/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »
I guess you can  longer trust Fox News or the Republicans who conducted the investigation

Looks like you also can't trust Petraeus or the US Military either

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/capitol-hill/2016/01/06/dem-petraeus-again-debunks-benghazi-theories/78381456/

They weren't there.

Hope this helps but I doubt it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »
They weren't there.

Hope this helps but I doubt it.

will not watch until you learn how to post a video

you've had it explained to you a hundred times

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »
will not watch until you learn how to post a video

you've had it explained to you a hundred times

Lazy fuck. Click on it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 06:28:22 PM »
fuck  you

learn to post a video or just post a link an article with a valid source (not one your usual right wing wacko sites)

I've given you links to Fox News and The Military Times

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 06:39:25 PM »
The attack lasted 45 minutes.  No time whatsoever to stop it
A

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »
Remind me again which of the two parties cut spending on embassy security?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 10:37:04 PM »
why didn't republicans call these soldiers who were there, to testify?

I mean, sure, they did admit it was all about hurting hilary in the polls, I guess there's that.

Not about justice... about stringing along the prosecution til Oct 2016.  How convenience.  Shithead partisan hacks just want to win elections, they could give a rats ass about those dead heroes.  they just want to score political points.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:21 AM »
So why didn't the Repubs bring this info forward at the beginning of the hearings?  Was it their plan to waste $$$ over multiple hearing until unveiling this critical and convicting information?  Is that it?  I thought they wanted to cut spending and save money.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 08:01:34 AM »
Blah blah blah........you guys have no idea how this shit works do you. The repubs did call the witnesses forward during the one they controlled and they say a stand down order was given. Even amongst the repubs, there was a difference of opinion as to what occurred. CIA had testified that no stand down was given....however they're mincing words. It may have been the actually order ..stand down... was never given but that in all actuality that was what was being done or told to outside agencies. OL Hil got em all killed and nobody cares.
L