Author Topic: Rumor: Vince Taylor's letter to Shawn Ray  (Read 16859 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Rumor: Vince Taylor's letter to Shawn Ray
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

No consecutive posting. That will get you banned for life.

SE
BigNationRadio.com

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 11:17:38 PM »
And another thing. Everytime Shawn posts, even when it's not about his show he shows that ever changing poster. How many freaking times is he going to change the cometitors on it? BTW, this is the FIRST time I have ever said anything about the poster.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 11:32:19 PM »

No consecutive posting. That will get you banned for life.

SE

Special Ed,  I hardly recognized you without your famous signatures

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2006, 11:41:12 PM »
Well - usually I get the lineup for a show only 2-3 months before the actual show. Even if the Arnold, I think the list came out late December, early January. Shawn started to promote this show 6-9 months in advance, and put out names that were implied to him and many of us that they would compete in the early summer shows (Colorado and NY Pro and Niagra Pro). 

Have we seen the NY Pro competitor list yet or the Niagra Pro competitor list yet? No... but there is a lot of speculation on who will compete...

All shows, including the Ironman, have a tentative list of who will appear (remember Dexter, Cormier, Benfatto, Charles)...  so because Shawn is giving us a tentative list, and is updating it whenever possible, we give him a hard time. That should be that way.

Yes, Shawn has got to be one of the most contraversial, outspoken ex-competitors out there.  I like that. Makes it much more interesting, one way or the other. And yes, Shawn has argued with others - such is life.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2006, 12:30:18 AM »
In all fairness to Shawn, if he required competitors to sign contracts, he'd be waiting a looooooonnnnnnnngggg time to sign up anyone. I don't think the smaller shows can get away with requiring pros to sign contracts guaranteeing their appearance.

If the contest list continues to shrink and gets down to two or three guys, I think Chick just might be able to win this thing (assuming the other guys are Farnsworth and Pelletier). And Pelletier's got to be salivating at the possibility of picking up a paycheck for a 3rd place finish! Who knows who else might come out of the woodwork if the names keep dropping out. Maybe off-season guest-poser Melvin Anthony takes 2nd without dieting at all! Perhaps Ahmed Haidar takes home Best Poser.

Special "Fair and Unbalanced" Ed

BigNationRadio.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2006, 01:13:08 AM »
Well Ron, Vince is wrong.  I think he should do the Denver Pro cause he'll easily place at least 3rd, since it appears their may be only 3 or 4 competitors.  And you know Pellitier won't place to high.  I'm telling all the pros who thought they could never be in the Olympia should enter the Denver Pro.  The chances are very high you'll be in the top three and maybe Overall.  I forgot about Vince.  He now has a chance to be in the Olympia. 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2006, 03:27:29 AM »
ONLYME'S poster was the best...."AN OLD HUMMER"...LMFAO

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2006, 04:13:46 AM »
When were the tickets for the colorado pro on sale from?  Anything before that is negligable really.

Try to remember that this show is probably going to run at a loss.  I think its a tad bit unfair to be persuing this quite too far.  Fact of the matter is if you go you're going to have fun and if shawn wanted to make money he'd just never would have put it on.

Vince has a chance at getting 3rd at the aus gp but with rockel arriving and branch and lee gunning for top spot he might have made a mistake. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2006, 04:24:09 AM »
Well just got the new poster.  Field is getting low.  I figure Pelliteir and Chic will be fighting it out for the overall.  To bad the prize money and new Hummer had to be changed.  But should be a good show.  This might be a good one for our buddy big Mike Arvilla to enter.  He would take the overall hands downs.  To bad the prize money won't cover the costs.  This could be Chic's first Pro win.  Good Luck

excellent onlyme  LOL    love that car!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2006, 05:09:10 AM »
Practically every show does not have all those that were 'advertised'. It is not exactly an art show where you have to haul out some paintings and put them up...when dealing with human beings one must account for the variables. The recent Arnold, which is a top class show, did not have everyone they advertised. Cormier, Dugdale, Dennis as well as Debbie and Jenny were out in the women....and Jenny Lynn was plastered all over their poster for months.I am sure we all recall the infamous Olympia where there was no Lee.The San Fran had no Dex or Darrem as listed. Majority of shows don't have all the competitors that are listed....the Colorado Pro is really no different there.

PS - LOL @ poster Keith ;D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2006, 06:14:05 AM »
can we take this thread to the competition board. wee shawn ray gettin free publicity. cheers

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2006, 06:19:35 AM »
Let Shawn live, he is trying to give his BB community another show, another chance to make some money in the industry.  He can't help it if these dudes are all flakes. Its the same with every show... there is always someone who is suppose to compete then doesnt.
L

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2006, 06:59:09 AM »
Wow this post has gotten long and it's about to get longer...

First off I don't agree or disagree with how the show has been progressing

A few simple facts....99% of all get biggers have never gotten themselves at a body weight of less than 5% and 99.9% of all GBers have never and will never step on a stage.....

Do you guys know how hard it is to truly prepare for A show or for some, multiple, it is severely draining both mentally and physically? Do you really know how hard it is to peak for multiple shows?

Lets look at this, Lee Priest and Branch Warren, 2 names whom I believe were on the original poster. They have done 2,3,4 shows each thus far, all pretty much consecutively. This is 15-20 weeks of following the strictest regimen of eating, dieting and training. You guys try going this long without having a slice of Pizza, Hamburger or Ben and Jerry's. Lets face it, some of you guys can;t even go 4 minutes without putting this stuff down your throats.

Both Lee and Branch and a few others already have their qualifier for the Olympia under their belt. Why do another show i:e the Colorado Show. I am sure Shawn did approach these guys last year saying "Hey I'm putting on a show, you in". Of xourse all these guys said yes, not knowing how they would place on 06. And if I know Shawn, he knows where these competitors are coming from......

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2006, 07:18:52 AM »

First off I don't agree or disagree with how the show has been progressing

A few simple facts....99% of all get biggers have never gotten themselves at a body weight of less than 5% and 99.9% of all GBers have never and will never step on a stage.....

Do you guys know how hard it is to truly prepare for A show or for some, multiple, it is severely draining both mentally and physically? Do you really know how hard it is to peak for multiple shows?

Lets look at this, Lee Priest and Branch Warren, 2 names whom I believe were on the original poster. They have done 2,3,4 shows each thus far, all pretty much consecutively. This is 15-20 weeks of following the strictest regimen of eating, dieting and training. You guys try going this long without having a slice of Pizza, Hamburger or Ben and Jerry's. Lets face it, some of you guys can;t even go 4 minutes without putting this stuff down your throats.

Both Lee and Branch and a few others already have their qualifier for the Olympia under their belt. Why do another show i:e the Colorado Show. I am sure Shawn did approach these guys last year saying "Hey I'm putting on a show, you in". Of xourse all these guys said yes, not knowing how they would place on 06. And if I know Shawn, he knows where these competitors are coming from......

Your angle is wrong, people aren't criticising the pro's for pulling out, they are criticising shawn for insinuating they would be there.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2006, 07:21:35 AM »
Shawn's silence is deafening.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2006, 07:24:44 AM »
I am sure Shawn did approach these guys last year saying "Hey I'm putting on a show, you in". Of course all these guys said yes, not knowing how they would place on 06. And if I know Shawn, he knows where these competitors are coming from......

I know you guys aren't blaming the pros but if Shawn really wanted to be shady he could continue to dupe us all in saying that Lee, Branch, Vince etc were doing the show. Instead he has given everyone a play by play of who is no longer doing the show. If you are not happy with the list then don't go..Case closed!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2006, 07:29:37 AM »
Shawn's silence is deafening.
Maybe this is all just a calculated effort by Shawn to come back and qualify for the Olympia one more time. I'd like to know if anyone on getbig.com has bought tickets to this fiasco.

Special "The Lion's Denver" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »
Tickets are now available through TicketsWest.

Prejudging - Friday, May 12, 2006, 6:00 PM
Price: $20.00 to $35.00
Click here to purchase prejudging tickets.

Prejudging - Saturday, May 13, 2006, 9:00 AM
Price: $20.00 to $35.00
Click here to purchase prejudging tickets.

Finals - Saturday, May 13, 2006, 6:00 PM
Price: $30.00 to $95.00
Click here to purchase finals tickets.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2006, 07:33:59 AM »

I think what is scary is that no one has disputed my statistics.....

As for Shawn be silent, anyone ever think it is 7:30 in California

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »
The only one he "talks" about is your boy Klownmali.  ::)

Buy your wife some roses.  ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2006, 10:05:04 AM »
Just maybe, Shawn knew this and planned this so he can enter his own contest and win.  With the confirmed competitors he has now (ref: new poster) he has a pretty good chance of taking at least 3rd.  Also, if you notice on his poster just above the names he listed, he did not say the following competitors, he said "Superstars Like"  that could mean and male human.  So he covered his ass.

So Shawn now that I showed everyone you covered your ass can you please write something.  Are you and Chic on a conference call with Kovacs trying to get him to enter.

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2006, 10:24:15 AM »
i dont understand why more big name pros are not doing shawns show.  its got more money than  the ironman, sf...etc....is it the timing?  why would luke drop out of shawns show and do the new york...where the money discrepency is large for the top finishes.   the new york show, now thats a 3 tier show.    with alot of the big names already qualified for the o, i guess there looking for a break.  i persoanlly think branch should come in and take his 30 grand.   im actually looking foward to phil heath competing.    kamali should just do the show in the event he thinks he can get in shape just to accept some sort of check from shawn.  i would love to see the stage with them two on it as shawn hands him the winners check.   just kamali in shawns show probably increases ratings.    anyways...just rambling.....at least shawns trying to increase the money in bodybuilding.  and i personally hope the show does well. 

peace

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
I think what is scary is that no one has disputed my statistics.....

As for Shawn be silent, anyone ever think it is 7:30 in California

I think people are probably ignoring you, having already pointed out that you brought irrelevency to the discussion.  Everybody knows its hard to compete, nobody (aside from you) knows how this relates to a direct discussion with shawn on mentioning people who will not be there. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2006, 08:04:18 PM »
Are you sure it wasn't this Vince that wrote the letter

HA, If I was him and entered a show and sucked that bad I would have to enter another show just to show people that I could come in not sucking as bad as before. Then people could say "Hey Vince, you suck, but not as bad as before".  ;D 

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2006, 10:14:42 AM »
First of all - Vince Taylor doesnt want to guest pose. Fine. Strategically, he thinks that the Australian Pro Show might garner him a coveted third place to compete in the Olympia, or at least place higher than he could in a pro show staged in the U.S. at this moment. Perhaps he can do well at the Master's event coming up very soon too, competing against Bob Cichicerillo and others. That is his prerogative. But Vince first said that he would compete at the Colorado Pro and then he changed his mind.

So in comes Melvin Anthony, winner of the best posing award for the last few years, to guest pose at the Colorado Pro. Great! While Vince Taylor may think he is the best poser, it looks like Melvin Anthony will get the glory on this. It would be interesting to see these two do a routine against each other, but Vince just doesnt want to come to Denver.

Adela Friedmansky, winner of the 2006 Fitness International, will also guest pose!

As for the contestants, the lineup is what is expected of the late springs / early summer shows. You have Phil Heath making his debut, and many are scared that he is going to be the rookie of the year cleaning up house in Colorado. You have Bill Wilmore also coming in strong here, scaring other veterans.

Darrem Charles, Marcus Haley, George Farah, Kris Dim, and more coming up as the show gets closer. Should be a great show.

But lets get one thing straight.  What is important here is that you have people like Shawn working hard to get more pro shows with more prize money into the hands of the competitors, instead of sitting back and complaining about the lack of pro bodybuilding shows in our industry.

So regardless of what you think, intense support should be recognized to those that put their time and effort in a show.

Why in the world does a pro show need a guest poser.  The competitors, riped, dry and ready are the posers we want to see.  Not some out of shape BB who needs a few more bucks.  If you need a guest poser, what to the contestants look like.  I can see a natural show or an NPC show having guest posers, but I think the money paid to the guest should be put into the prizes the competitors get.  We'll have enough posers.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio