Author Topic: Good genetics...or good receptors?  (Read 12058 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Good genetics...or good receptors?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 01:33:28 PM »
190 and muscular at 10 percent bodyfat is not small by any standard Matt, BTW what nationality are you and your sisters?

Thanks bro.  We are half Italian.  My mom is full out Italian and my dad is full out Canadian.  My older sister must tan though, because I am pretty white by comparison.

I would like to hit 200 and stay at the same body composition.  Ideally naturally, but I'm open to light juicing.  I don't know how I would respond though, because I will be the first to admit that gaining mass does not come easily for me.  On the other hand, from recent pictures of Tom Prince I've seen, he looks my size.  But obviously he is a hyperresponder.  I might be too, but I would have to try it to find out.  I guess you never know how you respond until you try.

I have a friend who was on roids for three years straight and was over 220 and shredded at 5'8.  But that dude was wreckless.  He didn't think at all of any possible health consequences (similar attitude to some pros I think).

I think my older sis is under 110 and my younger sis might actually be under 100.  Look at their arms.  I would honestly look exactly the same if I didn't forcefeed myself and work out all the time.  I would lose so much muscle it wouldn't even be funny.  I wouldn't be surprised if I would get down to 130 or under.  Keeping in mind I'm a bit under 5'10 you can imagine how scrawny I would be.  Like I said, I'm the first to admit I never had the genes to gain muscle.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 01:34:43 PM »
those are some damn pretty girls Matt.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bast175

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »

I think my older sis is under 110 and my younger sis might actually be under 100.  Look at their arms.  I would honestly look exactly the same

So you're a girl?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »

id hit 'em.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »
So you're a girl?

nah ehs just built like one, and has the natural test levels of one. Hes just a bit smaller than rob1986.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »

haha, too bad being skinny isn't a good look for guys, or I would be set.  Maybe it's just time I hit the test.   ;D

Bast175

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »
If you knew so much about gaining muscle, you wouldn't be a 190 lb weakling.

yea he should get fat like you and brag on the internet that he's 220. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »
nah ehs just built like one, and has the natural test levels of one. Hes just a bit smaller than rob1986.

Not exactly accurate, but I'll be the first to tell you I have bad genetics for bodybuilding.

The first pic is from a few months before I started training in 2000.  The second pic is two years old (around 10 pounds ago), but it clearly shows how muscle building is NOT in my cards.  What can I do?  I do the best with what I have and I'm open to trying supplements/steroids in the future.

Have you seen the dudes who do roids on other boards?  You wouldn't even know they work out even after their cycles are done!  Very few of the juicers in my gym are even that much bigger than me.   ???  At times I think that juice must be extremely effective, and other times, not at all (depending on the results).  More proof that genetics and nutrition play a huge role as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 02:05:19 PM »
Not exactly accurate, but I'll be the first to tell you I have bad genetics for bodybuilding.

The first pic is from a few months before I started training in 2000.  The second pic is two years old (around 10 pounds ago), but it clearly shows how muscle building is NOT in my cards.  What can I do?  I do the best with what I have and I'm open to trying supplements/steroids in the future.

Have you seen the dudes who do roids on other boards?  You wouldn't even know they work out even after their cycles are done!  Very few of the juicers in my gym are even that much bigger than me.   ???  At times I think that juice must be extremely effective, and other times, not at all (depending on the results).  More proof that genetics and nutrition play a huge role as well.

Matt,

Your progress is really good. Just keep it up. Your genetics are not bad at all.  Try overeating or dieting all the way down. Shock your body.

Also, what happened to your face in the first pic? Just curious.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 02:11:15 PM »
Matt,

Based on how you make yourself out to look, I thought you would be some pencil neck.  I have to agree with Adonis on this one, you do not have bad genetics as far as building muscle....seems like your mentality is like most of ours on getbig, in that we can never be big enough.....

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 02:12:35 PM »
hey you look great matt. Not huge by any mean but you have a pretty good physique with great shoulders.

way to go  ;)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2006, 02:12:52 PM »
Matt,

Your progress is really good. Just keep it up. Your genetics are not bad at all.  Try overeating or dieting all the way down. Shock your body.

Also, what happened to your face in the first pic? Just curious.

That pic is from an army course I did just after basic training in the summer of 2000.  That's just camouflage makeup.  It sucked to be covered in that crap for days out in the field.

You know what I want more than anything is nutritional strategies.  But I want to do it while staying healthy too.  How much do you eat Adam?  I've been following some of Shawn Ray's advice which is to eat about six times a day just past the point of satisfaction.  It does work...it's just slow as hell.  At this point I wonder how much heavier I can get naturally.  Getting to 210 would be nice, but it might take a while.

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »
Good progress Matt, good shoulders.  If you want to add mass you gotta eat and eat and stick w compound movements.  Worked for me.
"

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2006, 02:19:04 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the good words.   :)

On here I would imagine I'm small based on everyone else saying how big they are, yet at the gym or in the bar, or anywhere else, it's amazing how few people are truly big.  We live in a very out of shape populace, so I guess the ones who come on the boards and have some serious size are not a representative sample.  From my experience, people are usually fat (most people), or skinny.  My goals are moderate but I'm always looking for an edge.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »
i'm sure your sisters are thrilled you posted their pictures on this board.

By the way, not to knock you or anything cuz you have made crazy improvements, but, Italians (of which I am one) have amazing genetics for bodybuilding (well, maybe not the height though).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »
Hey Matt you look good you've come a long way since the first pic , you remind me of my cousin he is 5'7" and weighs 190lbs and are you sure you're 10% bodyfat? are you not flexing your abs? you have excellenet genetics for delts .

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
By the way, not to knock you or anything cuz you have made crazy improvements, but, Italians (of which I am one) have amazing genetics for bodybuilding (well, maybe not the height though).
That is because most are short and short people put on mass easier.
Good progress Matt.  4 years back I was 150lbs, I'm at 214lbs now @7%bf.  Did all of that natural.  I hit a cycle 12 years back, lost it all and learned, it feels much better gaining 2lbs natural, than 20lbs of bloat from some drugs.  In the end, it's how you feel about yourself and if you're ok with juicing...do it up.  Personally, I have more respect for someone who gains natural cause I know it was all hard work and no shortcuts.  Some who juice work hard as well, but not many.  Usually, it's like a consolation prize for having either shitty work ethic or poor genetics.
And your sister on the right looks most impressive.  Where does she live?  No disrespect inteneded, just curious.
I only put on 10-14lbs in the past 2 years of lean mass, but it's all me.  And to me that's the challenge in lifting, there is no challenge in ingesting pills/needles.  Basically, you can take a ton, train like shit, and get huge.  It's no accomplishment in my eyes.
Croatch on...
N

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »
Matt..

Good build...

But even better, nice milk duds on your Sisters...

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 05:51:34 PM »
matt, dude, you look good.  do not give in to the dark side, what for?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2006, 12:27:02 AM »
I really wonder if most pro's did train natural for a few years or started juicing at the very beginning.
Look at 120 pounds Tom Prince.

Tom Prince is probably one of the worst examples to use.

He literally withered away to nothing, but that was partially due to his kidney "situation".

He's the exception, not the rule

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 01:08:41 AM »
If you knew so much about gaining muscle, you wouldn't be a 190 lb weakling.

Ever heard of "Genetics"? ::)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 01:11:27 AM »
No true Prem Chand competed at the 1989 Mr Olympia and he was 100% drug free , he placed dead last but he turned Pro naturally and competed , and there was the much hyped Mike Ashley & Jean Paul Guillaume I don't know if they were natural but there have been some and Mike Morris competed naturaly at the last Olympia .

Natural? Bullshit!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2006, 01:18:07 AM »
Maybe he is maybe he isn't  ???  but he was like just under 200lbs , he is from India and I recall reading an article that its hard to get good food in India nevermind steroids but hes not big at all , so its believable .

You've never been to India. It's not some 3rd world country like you think..India has alot of large cities. AAS is LEGAL in india so it's 100x easier to get in India than it is in America. Walk into any pharmacy and buy Dianabol for 10 times less than you would get it via the blackmarket in America.
Also most Indians speak english so it's easy too.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2006, 04:00:34 AM »
Hey MATT, keep up the hard work because you have made monster improvements. Good delts....good looking sisters too.

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2006, 05:14:18 AM »
Thanks bro.  We are half Italian.  My mom is full out Italian and my dad is full out Canadian.  My older sister must tan though, because I am pretty white by comparison.

I would like to hit 200 and stay at the same body composition.  Ideally naturally, but I'm open to light juicing.  I don't know how I would respond though, because I will be the first to admit that gaining mass does not come easily for me.  On the other hand, from recent pictures of Tom Prince I've seen, he looks my size.  But obviously he is a hyperresponder.  I might be too, but I would have to try it to find out.  I guess you never know how you respond until you try.

I have a friend who was on roids for three years straight and was over 220 and shredded at 5'8.  But that dude was wreckless.  He didn't think at all of any possible health consequences (similar attitude to some pros I think).

I think my older sis is under 110 and my younger sis might actually be under 100.  Look at their arms.  I would honestly look exactly the same if I didn't forcefeed myself and work out all the time.  I would lose so much muscle it wouldn't even be funny.  I wouldn't be surprised if I would get down to 130 or under.  Keeping in mind I'm a bit under 5'10 you can imagine how scrawny I would be.  Like I said, I'm the first to admit I never had the genes to gain muscle.
seriously who gives a shite about your sisters