Author Topic: Rampage vs Chuck  (Read 4658 times)

Jaded

• Getbig II
Rampage vs Chuck
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:33:26 AM »

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Rampage vs Chuck
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »
Is this rematch going to ever happen?
w

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:20:39 PM »
Rampage only has like 2 fights left in pride.. It could happen, but I doubt it will.

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 01:50:01 PM »
Is this rematch going to ever happen?

i really hope it does!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 03:30:20 PM »
rampage will not go to the ufc to fight chuck cause rampage said alot of different times he will never fight tito,and since tito is a 205 ufc guy you get the picture.dana wont send chuck to pride either cause he doesnt want to risk the same tragedy happening again to his poster boy.the ufc seems to protect their fighters where as pride throws everyone to the wolves which is cool about pride,im curious to see how long it takes babalu to get his deserving title shot against chuck,i think we are going to see a new and improved babalu this time,chuck is the man right now in the ufc and i respect that,he beat randy twice which is not easy
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 04:26:57 PM »
For us newbies, what UFC poster boy tragedy are you refering to?  As for babalu, I like the guy, but I don't see him giving Chuck any kind of challenge...
w

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »
For us newbies, what UFC poster boy tragedy are you refering to?  As for babalu, I like the guy, but I don't see him giving Chuck any kind of challenge...

He's referring to how bad it would look if Chuck (who's, for all practical purposes, the face of the UFC) got handled again by Jackson.  In a Pride tournament (roughly 2 years ago), Rampage wore Chuck out...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »
babalu is getting really good,i think hes a threat to chuck at this stage
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »
He's referring to how bad it would look if Chuck (who's, for all practical purposes, the face of the UFC) got handled again by Jackson.  In a Pride tournament (roughly 2 years ago), Rampage wore Chuck out...

Got it.  I thought there had been another UFC "star" that had been demolished by a Pride fighter...

w

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 05:45:51 PM »
Got it.  I thought there had been another UFC "star" that had been demolished by a Pride fighter...

We could bring up Ken Shamrocks little venture to pride and how he got handled!  Oh...wait, that seems to be the latest trend anywhere he goes!!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
ken is just in it for the paycheck at this stage,i think even he knows tito will crush him again,hes a shell of his old self.kens still one of my favorites from the old ufc days though
R

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 07:02:02 PM »
We could bring up Ken Shamrocks little venture to pride and how he got handled!  Oh...wait, that seems to be the latest trend anywhere he goes!!!

Ouch!!! :D

I respect what Ken's done, but if he doesn't pull it off against Tito, he really needs to hang it up.  He's on a bad streak...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 09:33:06 PM »
that chuck vs rampage fight wasn't too long after his loss to couture

chuck fought him two more times and you know what happened

chuck can beat him but I hope rampage would destroy him again

E

E

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 03:37:43 AM »
chuck fought Rampage in Pride and got owned, but i think hes much more suited to the octagon. Ive said before that some fighters fight differently when they are in the octagon than what they would do in a ring. I would like to see Rampage fight Chuck in HIS backyard and if that was the case i honestly think Chuck would win. Its the very least Rampage can do since Randy and Jeremy gave him a rematch (and both got hammered).

Ken should have retired 5 years ago, hes a laughing stock now. Hes the Mike Tyson of MMA.

As for babalu, think about what happened last time and then realise that Chuck is twice the fighter now than he was then. Babalu doesnt have a chance
Scouser on Tour

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 08:04:44 AM »
i agre about babalu ... hes a stud, but i dont see him beating chuck (though he did beat shogun .. so u never know)

chuck needs the cage when he faces a good wrestler (he did use the corner of pride to get up) ... but at the same time i think rampage could do some serious damage to a cage-pinned chuck liddell ... truthfully though, rampages best days are behind him. much like vitor belfort his best assett was his power, and that peaks at about age 23 ... he will win in the future for sure, but i dont see him holding a major belt again

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 09:17:13 AM »
chuck fought Rampage in Pride and got owned, but i think hes much more suited to the octagon. Ive said before that some fighters fight differently when they are in the octagon than what they would do in a ring. I would like to see Rampage fight Chuck in HIS backyard and if that was the case i honestly think Chuck would win. Its the very least Rampage can do since Randy and Jeremy gave him a rematch (and both got hammered).

Ken should have retired 5 years ago, hes a laughing stock now. Hes the Mike Tyson of MMA.

As for babalu, think about what happened last time and then realise that Chuck is twice the fighter now than he was then. Babalu doesnt have a chance

Couldn't have said it better!!! 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 12:23:14 PM »

he beat chuck at his own game, stand up fighting

I don't think a cage would've made a difference

E
E

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »
dana sounded like such a moron when he kept saying chucks not following the gameplan and blah blah blah, rampage was whipping his ass from start to finish and thats the bottom line,i like chuck andthink hes awesome but on that night he had his ass handed to him on ice,id like to see a rematch as long as rampage wears eye goggles ;)
R

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »
i agre about babalu ... hes a stud, but i dont see him beating chuck (though he did beat shogun .. so u never know)

chuck needs the cage when he faces a good wrestler (he did use the corner of pride to get up) ... but at the same time i think rampage could do some serious damage to a cage-pinned chuck liddell ... truthfully though, rampages best days are behind him. much like vitor belfort his best assett was his power, and that peaks at about age 23 ... he will win in the future for sure, but i dont see him holding a major belt again

Power is the last thing to go.  Speed and reflexes go before power does.

After the beatings that Silva (twice) and Shogun put on Rampage, he hasn't looked like the same fighter.  His power looks the same to me as it always has.

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 02:11:28 PM »
i think youre confusing strength and (explosive) power ... strength peaks in the late 30's ... but explosive power in the early 20's

the king

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 04:31:58 PM »
i think youre confusing strength and (explosive) power ... strength peaks in the late 30's ... but explosive power in the early 20's

strength and speed IS explosive power and that predetermined "peak" crap is exactly that,it's a bunch of crap,don't believe everything your read

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 05:54:51 PM »
strength and speed IS explosive power and that predetermined "peak" crap is exactly that,it's a bunch of crap,don't believe everything your read

thanks ...

i always put alot of stock in the opinion of someone who cant even string a sentence together ;D