Author Topic: Favorite Motivational Sayings  (Read 4082 times)

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
Re: Favorite Motivational Sayings
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
True friends stab you in the front.

Nothing ever really goes away until it teaches us what we need to learn.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
“Shortly after I came out of the hospital, I dreamed that I was going to be executed. I suddenly realized that there were a lot of worthwhile things I could do if I was reprieved." Stephen Hawkins

“To live fully is to live with an awareness of the rumble of terror that underlies everything.” Ernest Becker

"You have within you the power to merge everything you have lived through – attempts, false starts, errors, delusions, passions, your loves and your hopes – into your highest goal, with nothing left over." Friedrich Nietzsche

“Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him.” Friedrich Nietzsche

"Always at home. -- One day we reach our goal - and we point with pride to the long journeys we took to reach it. In truth, we did not notice we were travelling. But we got so far because at each point we believed we were at home." Friedrich Nietzsche

Good quotes, haven't read any of them before.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »
"Self-praise is no praise."

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »
Good quotes, haven't read any of them before.

"Like trees we grow - its hard to understand, like all life! - not in one place, but everywhere; not in one direction, but upwards and outwards and inwards, and downwards equally; our energy drives trunks, branches, and roots all at once; we are no longer free to do anything individual, to be anything individual...This is our lot, as I have said: we grow in height; and even if this should be our dark fate - for we dwell ever closer to the lightning! - well, we do not honour it less on that account; it remains that which we do not want to share, to impart: the dark fate of height, our fate." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Here is an entirely different person: basically everything he wills and plans goes wrong. What occasionally he set his heart on several times brought him to the edge of the abyss and within a hair of destruction; and if he did escape that, it was certainly not just 'with a black eye.' Do you believe he is unhappy about this? He decided long ago not to take his own wishes and plans so seriously. 'If I don't succeed at this,' he says to himself, 'I might succeed at that; and on the whole, I don't know whether I should be more grateful towards my failures than towards any success. Was I made to be stubborn and to have a bull's horns? That which constitutes the value and outcome of life for me lies elsewhere; my pride as well as my misery lie elsewhere. I know more about life because I have so often been on the verge of losing it; and precisely therefore do I get  more out of life than any of you!" Friedrich Nietzsche
X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »
X

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 05:49:41 AM »