Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info
How to make eggs&oats taste good?
(1/6) > >>
ritch:
Sorry if this has been asked, did some searching, did not find what I was looking for.

I never had the ol' egg whites and oatmeal combo and tried it yesterday.
Did one cup of oats, the whole 500ml liquid egg whites and it was disgusting. Tasted very salty. I added a serving (150-200gr) frozen field berries for taste and even then, tasted like licking a brick of salt.

I've read to add splenda and cinnamon but not sure that can counter the bad taste. Does it work? If so how much of each would really help me out.

I add a scoop of vanilla iso with the berries to the cooked oats and it tastes awesome. Very sweet, yet total health food.

So any tips on making this taste good would be appreciated.
NaturalWonder83:
I like to add cinnomon and vanilla extract to the oats
Peanut butter tastes great in the oats too

My fav is Irish steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight with cinnomon apples raisins vanilla extract and a lil brown sugar
It's a bit of work for the slow cooker one but it tastes amazing and smells incredible

Grape Ape:
Use cinnamon and a bit of pure maple syrup in steel cut oats.

Eat whole eggs, scrambled, over low heat.
iwantmass:
I prefer eggs and grits.  I saw ronnie coleman doing that in one of his video and it tastes much better to me than eggs and oats.  If i remember correctly, he also added a powdered cheese to it as well.
WOOO:
IMO breakfast is a fat meal... These days I'm down to 1 meal per day. I've never been leaner.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version