Author Topic: Should I get this new car? PLZ HELP!!  (Read 3595 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Should I get this new car? PLZ HELP!!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 08:41:02 PM »
I rather would get this one:

That's just too racer boy for me.  I'm a grown ass man lol

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 08:51:18 PM »
Why Are your monthly payments so high? I got a quote on a custom build 2016 Mini Cooper with payments much lower than this and it was for a buy and not a lease.

Here's the thing, you can drive the hottest and most expensive car there is and after one total crash, where your insurance provider offers you pennies on the dollar, leaving you not enough money to replace yours status symbol. Where does this leave you?

Women are attracted to men who make wise financial decisions. Be one of those men.

because i ended up moving while I still had my previous car and I went over in mileage charges
So they rolled the extra mileage into this cars payment
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »
Don't drive a rented car, man.  If renting was better economy than owning then they wouldn't rent it to you.
i like leasing because I don't have to worry about the repairs of having a car for a long time like the tires going or the battery and brakes going
w

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »
i think this is a buy payment ach...own or rent the buyers dilemma,,i have done both,,i prefer leasing,,,i'm in car buissness and make my living from people owning there cars and maintaining them for as long as they can...

Explain please. I keep my cars for at least 10 years. My present drive is 12 years old with about 140,000 miles and it runs like a top. Although I keep getting offers to sell it, I have not succumbed. I wonder is a Mazda 6 wagon with a V-6 that big a deal? It is not maintenance free at this point, but it is very well maintained. My mechanic (who wants to buy it) tells me it has over another 100,000 miles of good life left. I am not sure my remaining life is enough to outlive the car.  ;D

An auto salesperson once told me that the new car industry would be bankrupt if folks didn't get so bored with their ride that the traded it off for the new next best model. I love my car, but it doesn't light my fire anymore. It might seem like a no brainer to an old fart like me, but part of me wants to eventually own my possessions.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
Explain please. I keep my cars for at least 10 years. My present drive is 12 years old with about 140,000 miles and it runs like a top. Although I keep getting offers to sell it, I have not succumbed. I wonder is a Mazda 6 wagon with a V-6 that big a deal? It is not maintenance free at this point, but it is very well maintained. My mechanic (who wants to buy it) tells me it has over another 100,000 miles of good life left. I am not sure my remaining life is enough to outlive the car.  ;D

An auto salesperson once told me that the new car industry would be bankrupt if folks didn't get so bored with their ride that the traded it off for the new next best model. I love my car, but it doesn't light my fire anymore. It might seem like a no brainer to an old fart like me, but part of me wants to eventually own my possessions.

It's a depreciating asset why are you so hell bent on owning it....  There are arguments to be made on both sides.  But I haaaate dealing with car repairs etc... That's why I prefer leasing. But that doesn't mean I'm never gonna own a car again...  Maybe if I find a car I truly love I'd want to hold on to it for longer than two years.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 09:14:49 PM »

Life is short brother. If you want a new car go for it!

I've had all kinds of cars, Harley's, trucks, watches etc.  I don't regret any purchase including the Breitling watch I bought myself for Christmas.

I have a horrible cervical spine so now I drive a kind of boring Acura suv.  I just drove a new Porsche Cayenne and I loved it.  If a low mileage used one becomes available I may purchase one.

I just lost my mom, my dad has Alzheimers and have lost many hs and West Point classmates. Again life is short.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »
I currently lease a 2014 Nissan Sentra
I have 20 thousand miles per year allowance
My monthly payment is 430.
I have 13 payments left.

I had an offer today
2015 Nissan Altima, which is the car above the Sentra, and much bigger.
First month and dmv fee down
445 a month
Same monthly miles allowance

Is this a good decision to make?
I can drive away Monday if I want.

You're paying 445 a month for a Sentra? Wtf?

A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »

That's just too racer boy for me.  I'm a grown ass man lol
X2 I love Hondas, but this has 21 yo or girl written all over it. Just get an sti
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »

That is why he is leasing. He likes new cars.
Both my cars a 2012 luxury suv and a 2013 eco friendly compact are both paid off. Going to drive the suv until it breaks.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 09:27:08 PM »
Life is short brother. If you want a new car go for it!

I've had all kinds of cars, Harley's, trucks, watches etc.  I don't regret any purchase including the Breitling watch I bought myself for Christmas.

I have a horrible cervical spine so now I drive a kind of boring Acura suv.  I just drove a new Porsche Cayenne and I loved it.  If a low mileage used one becomes available I may purchase one.

I just lost my mom, my dad has Alzheimers and have lost many hs and West Point classmates. Again life is short.

Thanks for the advice. There are many luxurious indulgements I would enjoy experiencing before I croak. Lucky me, I could explore many of them and I should. Conservatism is my nemesis .  I suspect I am going to live to be very ancient. I think I should save some resources should this come to pass.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »
That is why he is leasing. He likes new cars.
Both my cars a 2012 luxury suv and a 2013 eco friendly compact are both paid off. Going to drive the suv until it breaks.

I wish I had your resources. I do not. Since I am very comfortably retired, I choose to work these things out within my means. One advantage is that many other mature citizens are in the same boat as me. The pissing match is much less intense than it would be if I were running for President of the U.S. or even a major corporation.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »
No. Keep the current car.

Says the guy that's contemplating a new M3.

Getting the new M2 in April.  Thought about a year old M4, but I like the looks of the M2 better I think.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »
I wish I had your resources. I do not. Since I am very comfortably retired, I choose to work these things out within my means. One advantage is that many other mature citizens are in the same boat as me. The pissing match is much less intense than it would be if I were running for President of the U.S. or even a major corporation.
You got me confused, Not trying to win any pissing match. I make decent money. But, my parents are wealthy, my mom likes to buy a new car, mostly japanese luxury SUVs, every 2-3 years. She gives me the option to match dealer trade in value when she buys a new one.
A

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 01:43:33 AM »
Is a Nissan Sentra even worth one car payment of $430??

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2016, 03:16:36 AM »
Ibget where you are coming from but there is an argument to be made for paying just for the period you use the car and always being under warranty. Never having to deal with true car problems.  Plus if you are self employed here are tax benefits to leasing.

Tomato tomahto, I 'spose.  I like doing my own mechanics just for edification's sake, which not everyone would enjoy.  I'm not especially into cars the way car guys get excited about them but I like machinery.  Obviously, I'm a pretty boring guy so most everything I buy is stuff for my business but I prefer purchasing outright or not buying at all.  For me, I'd have a harder time enjoying something I have to keep paying for instead of knowing it's all mine.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2016, 03:31:17 AM »
I usually go for the "one payment" option myself. It's called "the price"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2016, 03:40:00 AM »

These days I call it 'the bid.'  Got some crazy deals on stuff at auctions when the mine sites were closing down.

Of course, it ain't exactly Jay Leno's garage out there, either.  Could have worked all my life and never would have afforded 1/5 of the gear I got tho.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 03:41:32 AM »
u are able to buy the whole car at once?

Wouldn't this new lease cost me more in the long run being in 13 payments I will have paid off my previous over mileage debt? And I might be able to get a cheaper monthly price being I won't be paying off over mileage debt anymore?
w

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »
u are able to buy the whole car at once?

Wouldn't this new lease cost me more in the long run being in 13 payments I will have paid off my previous over mileage debt? And I might be able to get a cheaper monthly price being I won't be paying off over mileage debt anymore?
It's cheaper buying all cash. But, payments helps you credit.
Leasing is almost always more $$$ then buying. 
A

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
No. Keep the current car.

Says the guy that's contemplating a new M3.

Well if you do get one at least put some rubber on it

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »
Get a 2015 Honda Civic Type-R.
You won't regret.
©

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 10:11:43 AM »
My present drive is 12 years old with about 140,000 miles and it runs like a top.

?

So you get in it and it just spins around?
Y

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2016, 10:20:11 AM »
why would you want to drive a boring piece of shit like that?

LOL, that was my thinking, but hey , cars are a personal deal so , wtf.
I recently bought my dream car, a 2012 GT -5  ,dark purple Mustang convertible with a V-8 , vroom-vroom baby!
I drove it off the lot for 27k, and only 20,000 miles on it.

Here's my 2 cents input on the OP question:

1. I avoid any lease as I tend to drive more then the lease mileage limit. But 20k per year seems reasonable for most people and may work for you? I've never leased due to the mileage limit but YOUR needs may vary.

2. I'd suggest you BUY a late model car you really want to drive ( 1-2 yrs old with no more then 20-35,000 miles)
You can get it for a LOT less then new and most of the good years will still be left.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »
Get a 2015 Honda Civic Type-R.
You won't regret.

Are you a teenage ricer or a chick?
A

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »
Are you a teenage ricer or a chick?

LOL.
Do you ask dumb questions?
©