Author Topic: Question libs.....  (Read 4159 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Question libs.....
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
I'd vote Trump over Kasich.  One thing that's undeniable (or so it appears) about Trump, is that he's his own man.

Jimmy Carter said it best, when he said Trump would go into the job without the limitations that the rest would be held to (Carter was referring to Cruz in particular, but the same applies to the rest).

Our country has taken a beat-down that we cannot shrug off so easily.  We need to bust out of this pattern, one way or another.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 12:13:18 PM »
I'd vote Kasich over Hillary, too, FTR.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 12:15:43 PM »
And Straw, you're right.  Kasich is miles better than Cruz, Rubio, Christie... yes.

But that says less about him than it does them.  That's my only point.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 12:18:27 PM »
I'd vote Trump over Kasich.  One thing that's undeniable (or so it appears) about Trump, is that he's his own man.

Jimmy Carter said it best, when he said Trump would go into the job without the limitations that the rest would be held to (Carter was referring to Cruz in particular, but the same applies to the rest).

Our country has taken a beat-down that we cannot shrug off so easily.  We need to bust out of this pattern, one way or another.

here is Carters quote

"The reason is, Trump has proven already he’s completely malleable. I don’t think he has any fixed (positions) he’d go the White House and fight for. On the other hand, Ted Cruz is not malleable. He has far-right wing policies he’d pursue if he became president.”

so no "fixed positions" and 'malleable"

to me that means he could easily succumb to the far right in congress which I why I would prefer Kasich over Trump (if somehow that were the only option)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 12:20:18 PM »
here is Carters quote

to me that means he could easily succumb to the far right in congress which I why I would prefer Kasich over Trump (if somehow that were the only option)
Trump supported Single Payer healthcare in his book and this summer and is known to be completely reasonable when he is not shilling in front of crowds, so there is that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
I'm assuming by EC you meant electoral college?

if so, how is there anything at this point other than total speculation

Most recent info I've seen on that is from last July.  Will try to find updated information.

I don't know what could be taken from such information, if anything, but I guess we'll find out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 12:24:58 PM »
Trump supported Single Payer healthcare in his book and this summer and is known to be completely reasonable when he is not shilling in front of crowds, so there is that.

but once he gets into office he has  to deal with right wing nutbags in the House and Senate and as Carter suggeste, he has no fixed positions so I don't see him spending any time fighting for that

just my opinion. 

I think the guy would spend most of his time tweeting

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
but once he gets into office he has  to deal with right wing nutbags in the House and Senate and as Carter suggeste, he has no fixed positions so I don't see him spending any time fighting for that

just my opinion. 

I think the guy would spend most of his time tweeting
Probably less disastrous than any of the other Republicans save Kasich.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 12:27:23 PM »
Probably less disastrous than any of the other Republicans save Kasich.

can't argue with that

I'm already on the record on this board saying I'd choose Trump over Cruz (I think I said it a few days or a week before Carter's comment)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 12:30:03 PM »
here is Carters quote

To me, it means he's open to making things work, even if that requires angering the interests who have so-far gotten their way.

But you've made a good case for Kasich.  I'd completely dismissed him, before our little discussion on this thread.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 12:35:49 PM »

As a businessman, he knows what's up.  He knows what a tragic mess our healthcare system is.

Difference between him and the others is that he doesn't view it as the "perfect opportunity" to get into bed with the insurers.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
One thing for sure.  Every time I see Obama, my BP goes through the roof.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 12:47:35 PM »
To me, it means he's open to making things work, even if that requires angering the interests who have so-far gotten their way.

But you've made a good case for Kasich.  I'd completely dismissed him, before our little discussion on this thread.

I talked to my far right wing father (who lives in Texas where I grew up) and the only guy we both liked on the Republican side is Kasich.

We never agree on anything in regards to politics. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2016, 12:50:17 PM »
I talked to my far right wing father (who lives in Texas where I grew up) and the only guy we both liked on the Republican side is Kasich.

We never agree on anything in regards to politics. 

He prefers Kasich over the others?  I'm surprised he hasn't jumped on the Cruz Machine.  What does he say about Cruz (and Rubio)?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
He prefers Kasich over the others?  I'm surprised he hasn't jumped on the Cruz Machine.  What does he say about Cruz (and Rubio)?

He hates them all, especially Trump and Cruz

I didn't  even metioned Kasich.  He's the one who brought it first

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 01:05:26 PM »
He hates them all, especially Trump and Cruz

I didn't  even metioned Kasich.  He's the one who brought it first

Has he mentioned a specific beef with with Cruz?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 01:15:57 PM »
Has he mentioned a specific beef with with Cruz?

can't stand him on a gut level

the only guy he hates more is Trump

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2016, 01:21:00 PM »
can't stand him on a gut level

the only guy he hates more is Trump

What has he said about Trump?  If Trump hasn't put himself out there (with specific ideas to hate on), what does your dad dislike about him?  Is it the fact Trump is stealing the thunder from everyone else?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
What has he said about Trump?  If Trump hasn't put himself out there (with specific ideas to hate on), what does your dad dislike about him?  Is it the fact Trump is stealing the thunder from everyone else?

nothing specific but he (my dad) is a conservative Catholic (grew up on Brooklyn) and hates vulgarity (I once made the mistake of showing him the Big Lebowski  having forgotten that every other word was the f-bomb... he lasted about 5 minutes and then walked out). 

I think having lived in Texas a long time and before that in Oklahoma he's also sick of fundie christians (though he would never call them).

All I can tell you is that he hates Cruz and Trump with a passion.   

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 01:28:46 PM »
nothing specific but he (my dad) is a conservative Catholic (grew up on Brooklyn) and hates vulgarity (I once made the mistake of showing him the Big Lebowski  having forgotten that every other word was the f-bomb... he lasted about 5 minutes and then walked out). 

I think having lived in Texas a long time and before that in Oklahoma he's also sick of fundie christians (though he would never call them).

All I can tell you is that he hates Cruz and Trump with a passion.   

Was he a Buchanan supporter in the past, by any chance?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
Was he a Buchanan supporter in the past, by any chance?

don't know

we didn't discuss politics at the time he was a candidate

I would likely guess yes given that Buchanan is right wing and Catholic

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2016, 01:42:28 PM »
don't know

we didn't discuss politics at the time he was a candidate

I would likely guess yes given that Buchanan is right wing and Catholic

Yes, Buchanan was the first person to come to mind when you were describing your dad.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Although Pat Buchanan does seem to have a good sense of humor, which sets him apart from many other "Old School" "Beat them Senseless" Catholics.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2016, 02:03:57 PM »
Yes, I will look up any info available on that other issue and post back later.  Never know what's out there.  Maybe it will be interesting and useful, or maybe it won't.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2016, 02:36:41 PM »
If your party was smart they would get behind Kasich. He's socially moderate (just like the majority of the country) but still a conservative.   He's probably got the most executive and legislative experience of all the candidates and he's not a right wing fundie or a pathological liar (I'm looking at you Christie)

Put it this way.  If it were between him and Hilary it's quite likely I'd vote for Kasich

I don't have a huge issue with him. I don't like his debate style but that's minor. He was in Congress when they dragged Bill to the center. I'm glad that he's getting into the social stuff. Social engineering is great when gas in 99 cents, every raghead is a smoking pile and we're all driving Mercedes AMG's. The real important shit is far to serious right now to worry about homo's or abortion.
L