Author Topic: Carrier Workers React To 1400 Jobs Being Moved To Mexico: ‘F*ck you!’  (Read 9896 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Carrier Workers React To 1400 Jobs Being Moved To Mexico: ‘F*ck you!’
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 06:22:02 PM »
Perot tried warning us about NAFTA and GAT but no one listened.

x2

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
x2
Bernie Sanders was the one who warned Perot and everyone else.  The man literally spent DAYS,WEEKS,MONTHS and YEARS trying to educate everyone about NAFTA and what would happen.  Notice how empty congress is.  I will list a few but they are all good.  If you want to watch hundreds of them here is a link:  [ Invalid YouTube link ]bernie+sanders+nafta

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2016, 06:27:28 PM »
Who is the man who will work to CORRECT ALL THIS?

???

:D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »
So Ross Perot was/is against all this, too?

Yeah, I see he was/is.  He was just too early with the message, because the damage hadn't been done.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
So Ross Perot was/is against all this, too?

Yeah, I see he was/is.  He was just too early with the message, because the damage hadn't been done.

He wanted to keep manufacturing in the US.

Also wanted a temporary (5 yr, IIRC) $0.50/Gal national gas tax to balance the budget. He argued that 5 years of pain would be worth our children not having to deal with the debt.

Al Gore argued that a 'lock box' would save Social Security. Also argued that Social Security funds should have been removed from budget equations. I could never trust someone who voted against tort reform.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »

I gave a presentation on this very topic during my PhD.  The thing is, it does not stop at just cheaper labor... There are a ton of incentives for companies to manufacture overseas, tax benefits, resourcefulness, geo-locations of partner facilities , vendors etc., licenses and certifications laws, manpower, availability of raw material, the list goes on and on

Steve Jobs point blank told President Obama, production of the iPhone IS NEVER coming back to the US.... No matter how bad anyone wants it to, it will never happen!

Motorola thought they could make it happen and assemble their devices in Texas... Well, that didn't last very long:  http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/30/motorola-texas-plant-shutdown/

The foundation for manufacturing in the US is just not structurally fit, it would take some truly radical changes to even make it a thought, but we are so far far away.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »

The foundation for manufacturing in the US is just not structurally fit, it would take some truly radical changes to even make it a thought, but we are so far far away.

yes .. changes to corporate greed...

USA needs a salary cap... PERIOD

http://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-pay-continues-to-rise/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2016, 07:17:07 PM »
I gave a presentation on this very topic during my PhD.  The thing is, it does not stop at just cheaper labor... There are a ton of incentives for companies to manufacture overseas, tax benefits, resourcefulness, geo-locations of partner facilities , vendors etc., licenses and certifications laws, manpower, availability of raw material, the list goes on and on

Steve Jobs point blank told President Obama, production of the iPhone IS NEVER coming back to the US.... No matter how bad anyone wants it to, it will never happen!

Motorola thought they could make it happen and assemble their devices in Texas... Well, that didn't last very long:  http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/30/motorola-texas-plant-shutdown/

That is interesting because Bernie Sanders always talks about all of the above that was in your dissertation and not just cheap labor etc...  Its a multi-faceted problem that requires strict regulation and Republicans don't want to do anything at all about.  I don't think Hillary does either as her husband is directly responsible for a lot of it.

On the other hand, Bernie Sanders knows the issue inside and out and does have the real solutions to this issue.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2016, 07:28:39 PM »
How did I guess this would end up with wealth redistribution?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »

Because those that demand equality only do so with those they think are "above" them. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »

Shouldn't Bernie be happy about wealth being redistributed from overpaid Union workers to poor Mexicans?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »
The owners are Globalist. If the union broke up tomorrow, they'd still move their business.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »
Shouldn't Bernie be happy about wealth being redistributed from overpaid Union workers to poor Mexicans?
Bernie is a strong Nationalist when it comes to United States Manufacturing. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »

We've been redistributing wealth to India, China, Mexico, and a bunch of other countries for years. Why hasn't that solved everything?!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »

Let's not forget that manufacturing as a whole is never coming back to America because the the housing market. These manufacturing company's can't provide a living wage. You need a roof over you head before anything else...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »
We've been redistributing wealth to India, China, Mexico, and a bunch of other countries for years. Why hasn't that solved everything?!
ask Republicans.  They seem to love these trade agreements.

The only one to Vote NO on every single one and fillibuster them is Bernie Sanders.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2016, 07:59:18 PM »
Let's not forget that manufacturing as a whole is never coming back to America because the the housing market. These manufacturing company's can't provide a living wage. You need a roof over you head before anything else...

They'll come back, but they'll look like this. What's the plan to stop Robots from taking manufacturing jobs?

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
©

hardgainerj

• Getbig V

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »
Bernie is a strong Nationalist when it comes to United States Manufacturing. 

You non-stop pushed Obama for president last election cycle Adonis. He has been an unmitigated disaster. I know, it's always the Republican's fault, blah, blah, blah.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »
You non-stop pushed Obama for president last election cycle Adonis. He has been an unmitigated disaster. I know, it's always the Republican's fault, blah, blah, blah.
No he hasn't.  Where is the disaster.  There isn't a single area that is not better than we were 8 years ago.  So there is that.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2016, 10:57:29 PM »
No he hasn't.  Where is the disaster.  There isn't a single area that is not better than we were 8 years ago.  So there is that.

For example:

"When Mr. Obama took over in January 2009, the total national debt stood at $10.6 trillion."

"Mr. Obama’s spending agreement with Congress will suspend the nation’s debt limit and allow the Treasury to borrow another $1.5 trillion or so by the end of his presidency in 2017. Added to the current total national debt of more than $18.15 trillion, the red ink will likely be crowding the $20 trillion mark right around the time Mr. Obama leaves the White House."

Link

©

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »
No he hasn't.  Where is the disaster.  There isn't a single area that is not better than we were 8 years ago.  So there is that.

This does make me ask.

To the people who say the US is worse.

Where is it worse? There is more debt. But other than that, which would have happened no matter who the President was, where is it worse?

I mean. The debt isn't even that big. Our debt vs. GDP isn't really a huge percentage if you really break it down.

I wish it were lower, but none of the candidates would have changed the number really.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »

This does make me ask.

To the people who say the US is worse.

Where is it worse? There is more debt. But other than that, which would have happened no matter who the President was, where is it worse?

I mean. The debt isn't even that big. Our debt vs. GDP isn't really a huge percentage if you really break it down.

I wish it were lower, but none of the candidates would have changed the number really.
Especially when you have to pay for wars.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »
Especially when you have to pay for wars.

If I remember correctly, Obama even promised to end the war.
And you don't even have to pay for wars.
If you got something to say you simply end it/them.
But well...
He is just a puppet.

©