Author Topic: So why doesnt God appear every now and again?  (Read 94596 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: So why doesnt God appear every now and again?
« Reply #1225 on: April 23, 2016, 07:31:12 AM »
You do realize that there is no debate that a man named Jesus Christ existed and had followers and was sentenced to death by the Roman Pontius Pilate right...

i think you will find there are several different "confirmed" stories regarding jesus

dont make statement of facts that are incorrect

you are on shaky ground as it is
T

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #1226 on: April 23, 2016, 07:50:43 AM »
i think you will find there are several different "confirmed" stories regarding jesus

dont make statement of facts that are incorrect

you are on shaky ground as it is

There is no question that early Christian followers were persecuted and killed by Romans and that there have been Christian followers down to this day and that began in the first century and that even our dating system is based on his existence... 2016 AD

Are you serious?

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #1227 on: April 23, 2016, 08:03:23 AM »
And lastly, what you are suggesting is that morals are derived from a book, said another way, if MOS did not have his book he would be unable to resist killing nor would he understand it's bad. If the only thing keeping anyone moral is threat of eternal torture, they are not a good person to begin with.

Who defines what is good without God the creator by who's nature has defined an objective right and wrong against which all actions and decisions are measured?
The idea of human rights comes from a belief in God. Without God then objectively speaking we are worthless pieces of matter with no more meaning than a cockroach, therefore, debating what is moral or not, ultimately becomes unimportant. Just do whatever gives you kicks until you die and are longer able to enjoy them.

Simple Simon

« Reply #1228 on: April 23, 2016, 08:10:17 AM »
God doesnt have time to appear, hes busy monitoring Joons gimmicks.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #1229 on: April 23, 2016, 08:28:07 AM »
Who defines what is good without God the creator by who's nature has defined an objective right and wrong against which all actions and decisions are measured?
The idea of human rights comes from a belief in God. Without God then objectively speaking we are worthless peaces of matter with no more meaning than a cockroach, therefore, debating what is moral or not, ultimately becomes unimportant. Just do whatever gives you kicks until you die and are longer able to enjoy them.

You've heard of the Golden Rule, right? It had existed in some form or another for hundreds of years before Christ, it can be found in ancient China in the writings of Confucius. You think the ancient Chinese took their cues from their contemporaries in Palestine who at the time were desert tribesmen?

The notion that there cannot be morality without God is false, pernicious and self-serving.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1230 on: April 23, 2016, 09:11:06 AM »
There is no question that early Christian followers were persecuted and killed by Romans and that there have been Christian followers down to this day and that began in the first century and that even our dating system is based on his existence... 2016 AD

Are you serious?

thats not what you said

you said it was a fact that the bible jesus was killed by pontious

said it was a fact show me your proof
T

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
« Reply #1231 on: April 23, 2016, 12:19:39 PM »
thats not what you said

you said it was a fact that the bible jesus was killed by pontious

said it was a fact show me your proof

Pontius Pilate is known to Bible readers because of his role in Jesus’ trial and execution. (Matt. 27:1, 2, 24-26) However, his name also appears a number of times in other contemporary historical records. According to The Anchor Bible Dictionary, the dossier of secular historical references to him is “larger and more detailed than that of any other Roman governor of Judea.”

Pilate’s name appears most frequently in the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus, who chronicled three specific incidents relating to the difficulties Pilate experienced while governing Judea. A fourth incident was added by the Jewish historian Philo. The Roman writer Tacitus, who recorded the history of Rome’s emperors, confirmed that Pontius Pilate ordered Jesus’ execution during the reign of Tiberius.

In 1961, archaeologists working in the ancient Roman theater in Caesarea, Israel, found that a reused stone slab clearly bore Pilate’s name in Latin. The inscription (shown here) is fragmentary but is thought originally to have read: “To the honorable gods (this) Tiberieum Pontius Pilate, Prefect of Judaea, had dedicated.” The building referred to was likely a temple honoring the Roman Emperor Tiberius.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1232 on: April 23, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
Pontius Pilate is known to Bible readers because of his role in Jesus’ trial and execution. (Matt. 27:1, 2, 24-26) However, his name also appears a number of times in other contemporary historical records. According to The Anchor Bible Dictionary, the dossier of secular historical references to him is “larger and more detailed than that of any other Roman governor of Judea.”

Pilate’s name appears most frequently in the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus, who chronicled three specific incidents relating to the difficulties Pilate experienced while governing Judea. A fourth incident was added by the Jewish historian Philo. The Roman writer Tacitus, who recorded the history of Rome’s emperors, confirmed that Pontius Pilate ordered Jesus’ execution during the reign of Tiberius.

In 1961, archaeologists working in the ancient Roman theater in Caesarea, Israel, found that a reused stone slab clearly bore Pilate’s name in Latin. The inscription (shown here) is fragmentary but is thought originally to have read: “To the honorable gods (this) Tiberieum Pontius Pilate, Prefect of Judaea, had dedicated.” The building referred to was likely a temple honoring the Roman Emperor Tiberius.

i know he existed

thats not evidence he had jesus executed ffs
T

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
« Reply #1233 on: April 23, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »
i know he existed

thats not evidence he had jesus executed ffs

If the writings of a Roman Historian confirming the event isn't evidence then I guess there's no evidence  ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1234 on: April 23, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
The idea of human rights comes from a belief in God. Without God then objectively speaking we are worthless pieces of matter with no more meaning than a cockroach, therefore, debating what is moral or not, ultimately becomes unimportant. Just do whatever gives you kicks until you die and are longer able to enjoy them.

We do, there is no objective right or wrong, it's why slavery existed yet it's wrong.

You are saying that without a belief in god, you would simply do whatever gives you kicks?  lol, if the only reason you aren't going around raping people is that god has said it;s not  (he doesn't mention rape) a good thing, you are sick in the head.

The idea of human rights comes from humans, I am a human, I would like fair and honest treatment, I would not want cruel things to happen to me... if others feel this way (it appears they do) we avoid those things. Lastly, you can do whatever you want, no god will stop you, humans may, but I can assure you god will be absent.

It's a pretty simple mental exercise, would you like to be raped? no? why not? apply logic to everyone else... unless you are a rapists sick fuck you won't rape.
Morals do not come from god, this is a fact, primates and other mammals exhibit morals and display social dynamics suggesting a communal order, is there a monkey bible? a dolphin bible?

Humans wrote the bible, using logic and the current times came up with a poor excuse for ten commandments. The chinese had morals and writings dating back further than the middle east, explain how this could be? they had a justice system, concepts of fairness all without jesus.

You sound like you are stuck in the middle ages

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1235 on: April 23, 2016, 01:44:42 PM »
If the writings of a Roman Historian confirming the event isn't evidence then I guess there's no evidence  ::)

ah so if one persons writes something without coroboration

then its a fact

makes sense  ::)
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1236 on: April 23, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
Christian interpolation is a subsidiary category of scribal interpolation in manuscript transmission. The term generally refers in textual criticism to the specific phenomena of textual insertion and textual damage to Jewish sources text during Christian scribal transmission, but may also refer to possible interpolation in secular Roman texts, such as the case of Tacitus on Christ
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1237 on: April 23, 2016, 01:52:42 PM »
A survey of the literature indicates that this citation by Tacitus has not been given enough regard, having often been overshadowed by the citations in Josephus (see next entry). Respected Christian scholar R. T. France, for example, does not believe that the Tacitus passage provides sufficient independent testimony for the existence of Jesus [Franc.EvJ, 23] and agrees with G. A. Wells that the citation is of little value.
T

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #1238 on: April 23, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »
We do, there is no objective right or wrong, it's why slavery existed yet it's wrong.
You are saying that without a belief in god, you would simply do whatever gives you kicks?  lol, if the only reason you aren't going around raping people is that god has said it;s not  (he doesn't mention rape) a good thing, you are sick in the head.
The idea of human rights comes from humans, I am a human, I would like fair and honest treatment, I would not want cruel things to happen to me... if others feel this way (it appears they do) we avoid those things. Lastly, you can do whatever you want, no god will stop you, humans may, but I can assure you god will be absent.
It's a pretty simple mental exercise, would you like to be raped? no? why not? apply logic to everyone else... unless you are a rapists sick fuck you won't rape.
Morals do not come from god, this is a fact, primates and other mammals exhibit morals and display social dynamics suggesting a communal order, is there a monkey bible? a dolphin bible?
Humans wrote the bible, using logic and the current times came up with a poor excuse for ten commandments. The chinese had morals and writings dating back further than the middle east, explain how this could be? they had a justice system, concepts of fairness all without jesus.
You sound like you are stuck in the middle ages
I explain this from scripture,(Romans 2:14-15) "for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them"

Without God you may decide that others have rights and deserve to be treated like you'd like to be, but someone else might disagree, and you will be no more correct than them. That's why I take the word of God to be corner stone of morality.
“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built His house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock” (Matthew 7:24-25).

Personally, if I believed there's no God, I definitely wouldn't spend time debating morality since each person can choose themselves whats 'moral', there's nothing concrete to it..a complete waste of time IMO - which would be all that matters anywho.

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
« Reply #1239 on: April 23, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »
A survey of the literature indicates that this citation by Tacitus has not been given enough regard, having often been overshadowed by the citations in Josephus (see next entry). Respected Christian scholar R. T. France, for example, does not believe that the Tacitus passage provides sufficient independent testimony for the existence of Jesus [Franc.EvJ, 23] and agrees with G. A. Wells that the citation is of little value.

So one guy writing that it's  not enough evidence invalidates it... circles.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #1240 on: April 23, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
I owe everything to Jesus Christ and I share that with others so they might come to know Christ as well.

Here's the thing, you came to know god through some divine intervention, regarding your medical experiences, or at least that is what confirmed your belief, am I correct?

So, the doubters in here haven't had such privilege as you, so you can't really convince them. You wouldn't have been convinced yourself hadn't you have experienced a miracle.

Which brings me to my point - All of Jesus's apostles had first hand, in the flesh proof. They saw him doing miracles and had unlimited Q&A time and what not, and still doubted him. They even pissed Jesus off to a degree. It finally took seeing Jesus after the resurrection to FINALLY believe. The apostle Peter, regarded as the first pope, needed proof. He was granted it.

We all need proof like Peter, he was an ordinary human being. Paul and the apostles today wouldn't be believers of some ancient written testimony had they have lived today.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1241 on: April 23, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
Why worry about what you cannot change?  Whether or not you accept Jesus is of no concern to me but rather how you treat others, including myself.  And how I treat them.

I'm far from perfect and on more than one occasion have been known not to turn the other cheek as the person doing the striking was not doing so for His sake, but for his ego. 

Not everyone that says  "Lord!", knows whom he calls upon and in like manner not all that deny Him will always do so.  I am not come to change hearts, minds nor diapers.    The Bible was written by men and is purported to be inspired of God and who decided this was so?  Men.

I look to the Word made flesh for what is of God.  I follow no man. No priest.  No Apostle.  No Bishop nor Pope and definitely no Imam.    I have no faith in the goodness of men.  Sometimes I am proven wrong.  I like it when that happens.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #1242 on: April 23, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »
2000 years later and were taking about some Jew carpenter on a borderline homo bodybuilding site. If that's not proof he was He said he was, then there never will be.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1243 on: April 24, 2016, 12:26:07 AM »
So one guy writing that it's  not enough evidence invalidates it... circles.

no

there is extensive documentation and corroboration about the romans

they really did like to write about their history

everything else is easy to prove around that time with multiple valid sources

but one guy mentions jesus and thats enough for you

::)
T

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
« Reply #1244 on: April 24, 2016, 07:53:51 AM »
no

there is extensive documentation and corroboration about the romans

they really did like to write about their history

everything else is easy to prove around that time with multiple valid sources

but one guy mentions jesus and thats enough for you

::)

Yep. One guy. You got it. /thread

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1245 on: April 24, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
Yep. One guy. You got it. /thread

thanks  8)

you could have admitted its a fairy tale fifty pages ago
T

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1246 on: April 29, 2016, 05:10:36 AM »

MOS Schooling you fools!  :D
a