Author Topic: Random G&O religion thread  (Read 6411 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Random G&O religion thread
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
a

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2016, 10:23:57 AM »
[you gotta keep em separated pic]

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »
[more keep em separated meme]

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
 8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2016, 10:30:10 AM »
 :-*

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2016, 10:37:36 AM »
Holy fuck! MOS's faith is beginning to deteriorate! Haha!

He's desperately trying to hold on but his intelligent mind is making it evermore difficult!

Give in to reason and reality, MOS! You can do it!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »
I had a Witness at the door telling me the the problems of the world.  Among them was sex.  Fornication or adultery or something.  I couldn't resist, so I interject, "Ok but what about Smith?  He was pretty busy with the ladies."  They asked who Smith was and I replied, "Joe Smith.  Joseph Smith.  Your messiah."  And they said he's not our messiah.  At which point it dawned on me that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are two completely different groups.

This is like 3 months ago.  I've gone through my entire life complaining about Mormons knocking on my door.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 10:39:15 AM »
 :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2016, 10:40:56 AM »
Holy fuck! MOS's faith is beginning to deteriorate! Haha!

He's desperately trying to hold on but his intelligent mind is making it evermore difficult!

Give in to reason and reality, MOS! You can do it!
I'm just playing the casual, super EASY role of online religion troll.....all that's required is the ability to google and say "bull$**t" to theist replies.

Oh yeah forgot.....tl/dr

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »
Deteriorating faith AND excess alcohol!

Guy's collapsing under his own weight of horseshit!

Haha!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
Deteriorating faith AND excess alcohol!

Guy's collapsing under his own weight of horseshit!

Haha!

tl/dr

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »
I love how MOS thinks these threads are some sort of win for him lol. It's like he thinks that by posting the memes himself, it somehow diminishes the truth in the arguments made by critics of organised religion. If he really wants to give us a laugh, he should post his actual responses to theological questions...that's some fucking comedy. ;D

"These threads"?  There aren't multiple threads like this...there's no history of this.  There's only this thread today.  

I just played the part of cliche trolling atheist that puts forth nothing but memes and "hit and run" attacks.....if people don't like the taste...well...sorry.  

Doing this stuff is mindless nothingness.  I've simply done exactly what your buddies have done on these boards for years in about an hour....effortlessly.  Y'all should be thanking me LOL!  

Now, you can mock my answers to questions if you want, but I do answer questions and I know for some God haters that REALLY irks them...takes away from the power of their "unanswerable objections".   I've had many folks contact me privately thanking me for what I do to combat the atheist snark on these boards and represent Jesus Christ in the process.  Still, I'm not out to "irk" anyone though and I take no credit for myself....I'm nothing.  I want to help people understand that there are answers to atheists questions, that atheists don't have a monopoly on asking questions and bring glory to God in the process.    

Oh yeah, tl/dr.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »
"These threads"?  There aren't multiple threads like this...there's no history of this.  There's only this thread today.  

Yeah, no history. Just this one time here.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
Yeah, no history. Just this one time here.

Completely different thread not started by me.  Showed thread readers that there are many "studies" attempting to find a correlation between religion and all sorts of negative things.   You could probably find a study that equates nut allergies with religion...that's the point.  People engage in these "studies" with a predetermined conclusion and a definite bias.  If you've ever worked with large datasets you'll quickly learn you can distort data into almost any end you want. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »

John Wilkes Booth

As recounted in the editor's introduction of the 1874 memoir of Booth's sister's, Asia Booth Clarke, no one church was preeminent in the Booth household during her childhood. Booth's mother was Episcopalian and his father was described as a free spirit, who was open to the great teachings of all religions.[22] On January 23, 1853, the 14-year-old Booth was baptized at St. Timothy's Protestant Episcopal Church.[20] The Booth family had traditionally been Episcopalian. Clergyman Charles Chiniquy, however, stated that John Wilkes Booth was really a Roman Catholic convert, later in life. A historian, Constance Head, also declared that Booth was of this religion. Head, who wrote the 1982 paper "Insights on John Wilkes Booth from His Sister Asia's Correspondence," published in the Lincoln Herald, quoted from a letter of Booth's sister, Asia Booth Clarke, in which she wrote that her brother was a Roman Catholic. Booth Clarke's memoir was published after her death. Terry Alford, a college history professor and a leading authority on the life of John Wilkes Booth,[23] has stated, "Asia Booth Clarke's memoir of her brother John Wilkes Booth has been recognized as the single most important document available for understanding the personality of the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln", and "no outsider could give such insights into the turbulent Booth's childhood or share such unique personal knowledge of the gifted actor". Testimony given at the trial of John Surratt showed that at his death, Booth had a Catholic medal on his person. Court evidence showed his attending a Roman Catholic church service on at least two occasions. Like his sister Asia, he received education at a school established by an official of the Catholic Church. As to Lincoln's assassin being seen an Episcopalian during his life, and in death, while really being a Roman Catholic, Constance Head stated: "In any case, it seems certain that Booth did not publicize his conversion during his lifetime. And while there is no reasonable cause to connect Booth's religious preference and his 'mad act', the few who knew of his conversion must have decided after the assassination that for the good of the church, it was best never to mention it. Thus the secret remained so well guarded that even the most rabidly anti-Catholic writers who tried to depict the assassination of Lincoln as a Jesuit or Papist plot were puzzled by the seemingly accurate information that John Wilkes Booth was an Episcopalian."[24][25][26]

Conclusion:  Religion killed Lincoln!!!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2016, 01:17:19 PM »
LOL :D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2016, 01:29:27 PM »
John Wilkes Booth

As recounted in the editor's introduction of the 1874 memoir of Booth's sister's, Asia Booth Clarke, no one church was preeminent in the Booth household during her childhood. Booth's mother was Episcopalian and his father was described as a free spirit, who was open to the great teachings of all religions.[22] On January 23, 1853, the 14-year-old Booth was baptized at St. Timothy's Protestant Episcopal Church.[20] The Booth family had traditionally been Episcopalian. Clergyman Charles Chiniquy, however, stated that John Wilkes Booth was really a Roman Catholic convert, later in life. A historian, Constance Head, also declared that Booth was of this religion. Head, who wrote the 1982 paper "Insights on John Wilkes Booth from His Sister Asia's Correspondence," published in the Lincoln Herald, quoted from a letter of Booth's sister, Asia Booth Clarke, in which she wrote that her brother was a Roman Catholic. Booth Clarke's memoir was published after her death. Terry Alford, a college history professor and a leading authority on the life of John Wilkes Booth,[23] has stated, "Asia Booth Clarke's memoir of her brother John Wilkes Booth has been recognized as the single most important document available for understanding the personality of the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln", and "no outsider could give such insights into the turbulent Booth's childhood or share such unique personal knowledge of the gifted actor". Testimony given at the trial of John Surratt showed that at his death, Booth had a Catholic medal on his person. Court evidence showed his attending a Roman Catholic church service on at least two occasions. Like his sister Asia, he received education at a school established by an official of the Catholic Church. As to Lincoln's assassin being seen an Episcopalian during his life, and in death, while really being a Roman Catholic, Constance Head stated: "In any case, it seems certain that Booth did not publicize his conversion during his lifetime. And while there is no reasonable cause to connect Booth's religious preference and his 'mad act', the few who knew of his conversion must have decided after the assassination that for the good of the church, it was best never to mention it. Thus the secret remained so well guarded that even the most rabidly anti-Catholic writers who tried to depict the assassination of Lincoln as a Jesuit or Papist plot were puzzled by the seemingly accurate information that John Wilkes Booth was an Episcopalian."[24][25][26]

Conclusion:  Religion killed Lincoln!!!
That was truly "Adonis-like".

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2016, 03:09:17 PM »
I love how MOS thinks these threads are some sort of win for him lol. It's like he thinks that by posting the memes himself, it somehow diminishes the truth in the arguments made by critics of organised religion. If he really wants to give us a laugh, he should post his actual responses to theological questions...that's some fucking comedy. ;D

Yup. You know hes sitting there, laughing his ass off and saying to himself, "I am owning these atheists."  :D :D :D
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
I don't mind the memes, they are funny. But seeing as you posted them...please state your opinions regarding the comments made by Ayn Rand, Epicurus and Thomas Jefferson

already tackled all three.....actually it was a different Jefferson quote I addressed. 

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2016, 12:43:48 AM »
CaptFreedom on fire in this thread.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »
Brilliant...that's that then. I'll forget about the Jefferson quote you posted, seeing as you've already talked about him once before in a different context, and i'll sift through 17624 posts of literal hell in order to find your refutations of the Ayn Rand and Epicurus quotes LOL. I take it that you're never going to make any more hilarious troll threads regarding atheists now, seeing as you've done it before too? I hope you're ready for a tsunami of heartbroken PM's from the getbig comedy connoisseurs!

Everything I posted up is just classic memes and pics posted over and over and over and over again for years.  I've already addressed  (and continue to address) most of this stuff in some form or fashion.  Done it both directly and indirectly dozens and dozens of times.  You want me to turn this thread into a debate thread now and divert it's purpose.  Sorry, not going to do that....thread will remain what it is.  

Let me understand, you're critical of me for creating a single thread that demonstrates how easy and meaningless it is to troll like atheists have done FOR YEARS (making hundreds of mocking/trolling threads about religion).  

To be clear, you want me to ensure you that going forward I won't make more threads like this one?  Is that correct?  

LOL, I have no intention of making more threads like this....it's clearly served it's purpose.  I can simply refer to this thread if need be in the future.  

Now of course you're going to take to task the other boards atheists for the hundreds of religious trolling threads made over the years correct?

The folks that PM me thank me for my witness for Christ, for answering questions and standing confidently against the consistent snark of most atheists...glory to God.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2016, 10:33:39 AM »
LOL@Man of Steel melting down in his own troll thread!

tl/dr