Author Topic: My bad T4 thread, starting a new one  (Read 3608 times)

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
My bad T4 thread, starting a new one
« on: November 07, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »
Hey getbiggers,

Im not new to the get big game, been around a long time, lurking.
Been playing with Synthroid and have a few questions, first, some history.

Stepped on stage a few times, so diet is not new to me. Trying things differently this time, because i have zero plans to compete again.

I am currently 240 pounds at about 15% body fat, running 375mg test E week, 1 mg adex e2w. Nothing crazy. I have run this base for a full year now.
Down 28 pounds. Diet is on track as usual.
No cardio currently, hate that shit, even contest prep it sucks.

My first run added in 25mg synthroid, tapered up to 50 for 2 weeks, then down to 25 and off. 3 weeks run. Down 6 pounds.
Took a week break, to asses the results, and fill back out. Diet up by 200 calories protein side.
Second run, added in 25mg synthroid, tapered up to 50, then down to 25 and off. 2 weeks run, down 4 pounds, but picked up a nasty cold, the only reason I went off. Lost another 3-4 after being sick for 3 weeks. Diet back to normal.

I have been having this nasty cough.

I have been off synthroid for 6 weeks, and feel much better. Cough was subsiding. Ran some antibiotics (biaxin) and that killed the bug, but not the cough.

I started back on synthroid Thursday the 3rd, 25mg. I thought it might have been the taper up to 50, so I am just running 25mg nothing more. In the morning.

Has anyone had a cough when on synthroid? Perhaps its still my cold, but I feel that the cough is getting worse.
My other thought was that I am allergic to something in the brand, a filler perhaps?
Perhaps starting at 25mg was too much, and i need to taper that up too?

got 2 cents?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: synthroid sides? Alergies to the brand perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »
-coincidence
-you dont need to taper t3 at all, thats outdated.
-25mcg isnt even replacing your natural levels... most people need to run 25-50mcg as a sole REPLACEMENT dosage. below that dont even bother

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 07:26:44 AM »
This is T4 not T3. From my understanding T4 gets converted.
I have never run it, its a little bit of an experiment.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
oh, didnt know the brand name...
its mcgs, not mgs btw.
for t4 anything below 150-200mcg is pointless really.
t4 only gets converted to around 1/4 t3, and that only really happens if youre deficient in t3 to begin with or on GH (which causes increased conversion)

its basically pointless to run t4
and its 100% pointless to run it at such a low dosage

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »
its mcgs, not mgs btw.
t4 only gets converted to around 1/4 t3, and that only really happens if youre deficient in t3 to begin with or on GH (which causes increased conversion)

This is interesting, and yes mcg sorry was a typo.

So a full replacement dose is 1.6mcg per kilo. For me that would be roughly 171 mcg. Now, if you have partial thyroid function a full replacement dose is not required.
Generally in that situation they start you on 25mcg so that's is why I started there. Working upwards at 12.5 mcg.
Got my information from here: http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/hypothyroidism/synthetic-t4-supplements-hypothyroidism
I am now 6 days in at 25mcg was going to bump it to 50 in a 25mcg dose increase. Worked out fairly well last time.

With regards to the GH, how exactly does it increase conversion? I will do some googlein, although Pharma GH alone will lean you out quickly, even at 4iu.

Its this dam cough that is killing me and seems to be back now that I started on the T4 again....however like I said, im 6 days in now, so wont stop till the cycle is complete unless its required.

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:06:51 PM »
I found this regarding the GH, but its from 2006!

https://thinksteroids.com/articles/thyroid-hormone-growth-hormone/

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:29:30 AM »
your body shuts down to the exact same amount that you supply exogenously.
so take either MORE than the actual replacement dose or your body will just stop producing the exact amount youre taking, making this a completely pointless endeavor.

you cant just take 25mg of testosterone and hope that it will "add" to your natural production either
your body doesnt work that way.

some people claim this works with small t3 doses, but i dont believe that either. with t4, even less.

^ the article is what i was referring too, i dont think its outdated even though its old. i just remember somethign about the increased t4 to t3 conversion having anabolic properties regarding IGF levels or something.

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 07:21:53 AM »
Thanks Jizmo, I increased by 25mcg today to see what happens. Will run this in my log for 3 -5 days depending on how I feel and up the dose again.

Do you have to taper this? I was always told by my coach to taper it up and down. The only reason I can think of a taper is to give the body time to adjust to the new dose.

If you stop T4 cold turkey, your body is shut down for a while like test so you need time to recover?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 08:11:30 AM »
ill say this again, running any t4 at less than 200mcg is pointless to begin with.
running t4 in general is pointless except youre deficient in t4 or on GH.

also the half life of t4 is insanenly long, like a week. that makes tapering rather useless, but since it doesnt do anything anyway its pointless anyway.  :D

if you want to boost your metabolism then run straight t3
no need to taper with that
thyroid recovery also is very quick, your thyroid always recovers full function within 3-4 weeks maximum.

oh, and i hope youre not paying your "coach" anything  ::)

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:39 AM »
hmmm ok, im going to keep reading. T4 is new for me.

I was also thinking of running GH after this, or in combo with this, just to see how things go.
As far as GH goes, I haven't touched it in years and years due to cost, and the bullshit kigs scam back in the day.

Got any solid brand names for me to look for in Canada?
Not source looking, I got lots of them already, just need to know what to look for in terms of brand, box, etc.
I'm familiar with checking pucks and what not.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
i think the general consensus is to just get pharm GH nowadays... UG GH seems to be shit usually

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »
Yeah usually is.

I think I have access to nordipen. 30 iu. Will have to check.

BTW, I contacted my source and asked him about the T4, he said he does not sell T4....fuck me...

I'm going to triple check the label, but i'm almost positive it says synthroid, from my understanding its just a brand name for T4 or Levothyroxine.

Man I need to brush up on my orals....I never use them except arimidex.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
synthroid is t4, levothyroxine, yes
https://www.synthroid.com/medication/check-your-pill

its rarely sold in 25mcg increments (thats more a t3 thing) but does exist in that dosage too

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
Its underground so could be anything, in reality. Trust your source...blah blah....

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 05:29:36 PM »
Ok, So I am in full retard mode, ill take my get big lumps....

the product is T3, its cytomel

I am now running 50mcg as of November 9th 2016 (25mcg started November 3rd), going to hold here for a week and see how I feel as it takes a few days for the T3 to get in you.
Single dose, 6:30am, roughly 40 minutes before I eat.

I read the other T3 thread, so will wait and see how I feel, if I end up flat. I am carb cycling right now as well, so perhaps that will work. On my last run, just before I caught my cold I started and ran a few weeks at 25, and a few at 50, Between T3 and sickness I dropped 13.5 pounds, and gained back 4 in 3-4 weeks. (I think it was just filling back out)

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 12:02:33 AM »
lol at least you didnt waste your $$ then.
the more t3 you take the less glycogen you will simply store (and the more fat youll burn too), so carb cycling doesnt really help here... however 50mcg is a good dosage that puts you into slight hyperthyroidism...
25mcg is pointless btw, tapering is too.
no need to take it without food, thats just for t4 since it can bind to several minerals. t3 doesnt, but i still take it first thing in the morning too

dont run more than 75mcg unless you take enough gear to make up for it... youll be flat as a pancake though on 100+mcg.
you can just stay on 50mcg, thats a good dosage.

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 07:12:35 AM »
I feel fine on 50mcg. Ok I wont carb cycle, perhaps the extra carbs will help me stay full.

Im currently running 375mg test e, have been for a 11 months. Just concentrating on diet and getting down to my 2014 condition before my surgery. Achilies rip took me out for 9 months! sigh....

Ill hold on 50mcg for a week and see how flat I end up, monitor my weight and adjust diet as needed. Currently 2600 calories.
Going to read on T3 as im fully unfamiliar with it obviously.

I think my next test is Tren E at 200 with my test E at 375. I ran 400mg ace in the past, too short a fuse, anger etc. Hope tren e will have less sides. My body also hates shorts esters. Sustanon at 750 gives me bad acne, where test E at 750 does not.

Sorry I digress. So in theory 375mg test e should be enough to hold my shape and not go flat?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »
50mcg t3 is a good dose. that wont make you noticably flat.
if youre only on 375mg test E then dont run more t3.

on 150mcg t3 for example you can run all the test in the world and you WILL be flat, its just the way t3 works. at a certain dosage it completely hinders glycogen synthesis so you will end up with zero pump and not a single gram of glycogen in the muscle.
ive ran 150mcg t3 for a while on 1g test 1g tren. i was completely fucking flat within a week. its insane. fat loss is HIGHLY increased though. the flatness is only temporary though, unless youre losing muscle.

tren E is the worst AAS when it comes to side effects. just warning you. ace is much more forgiving.
and sustanon only contains a tiny amount of short esters, its usually mostly phenylprop, cyp and E. you might wanna rethink your theory there ;)

darkrid3r

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 12:38:50 PM »
Ok ill hold at 50 and see how it goes. I dont mind being flat for a bit, just need to shed some fat, even a little bit of muscle loss is OK, it will come back.

I have never run Tren E, so was thinking 200mg week as a test bed.

Sustanon and I just dont get a long, I have run it before, at 750 week, and had lots of acne, perhaps its another ester in it that my body does not like? I don't get acne on Test E. Blood stability perhaps?
at 750 week, its 2 shots week. 1.5ml.
Test E 375 is one shot a week. Seems to work for me.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 03:50:32 PM »
its mcgs, not mgs btw.

Good lord it's not pointless to run T4 at anything below 150-200 mcg.  Not sure what your basing this on, but not bloodwork.  Bloodwork tells all.  I use GH and my doc has me on T4/T3 combo 35mcg/12.5mcg twice daily.  This puts my levels high end of normal.  Very few need 150-200mcg of T4.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 12:13:17 AM »
Good lord it's not pointless to run T4 at anything below 150-200 mcg.  Not sure what your basing this on, but not bloodwork.  Bloodwork tells all.  I use GH and my doc has me on T4/T3 combo 35mcg/12.5mcg twice daily.  This puts my levels high end of normal.  Very few need 150-200mcg of T4.
good lord, read the thread please ;) i said on GH its a different story since it increases t4 to t3 conversion rate

and youre taking 25mcg t3 too. this will put most people in the normal range alone. without the GH the additional t4 youre taking would most likely do nothing.

also i didnt say anyone NEEDS 150mcg t4. but its BENEFICIAL if youre using GH. it actually increases the anabolic potency.