Author Topic: Stretch marks  (Read 40229 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Stretch marks
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 06:46:39 PM »
stretch marks are part of the game - get used to it

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2006, 07:33:09 AM »
I have stretch marks on the inside of my upper legs but they are not red the are like a grayish white color what the hell dose that mean are they the same as the redish looking ones.

You can't realy see them when I have a good tan

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 07:19:19 AM »
I think red stretch marks are fresh......and lighten up over time.  I could be wrong though........just a guess. 

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 08:00:54 AM »
Actually GET_BIGGER, you're right on the money.

The redness in a new stretchmark is the point where the skin is tearing, the pinky color is the beginning of the scarring process... old stretchmarks slowly fade to a whitish beige over time.[ ...a light or dark brown in darker skinned or black people depending on how dark the pigmentation is]

Stetchmarks, being scar tissue, don't tan the same way that normal skin does, so be careful of getting them sunburned as they are more prone to skin cancer than regular skin... well, at least while they're healing.

The Luke

philnq8

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »
I read an article in an old muscle mag years ago that said stretch marks were related to a lack of zinc in the body. The article recommended a zinc supplement and proper hydration along with a moisturizing lotion to the common areas prone to stretch marks.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »
There are only 2 products I know of that will alleviate stretchmarks.
The first is Strivectin, and the other is a product I carry called TriAction. <---clickable link

They are both expensive. Stretch marks will naturally fade over time, and alot of people say use Vitamin E, Cocoa butter, Shea butter etc., which are considered 1st generation products in that the only thing they do is lubricate and soften the skin. They may feel good, but they do nothing to actually alter the underlying structure of the dermis (deep inner layer of skin). It's kind of like trying to paint a wall with cracks and holes in it. You need to smooth out the surface first, before you paint. Unfortunately, you can't patch cracks & crevices in the skin, the same way you can on a wall. You need to have a lipofilling action taking place internally in the skin, ...similar to plumping up a balloon. You need a product capable of penetrating past the epidermis (outer layer of the skin) and deep into the dermis (deep inner layer of the skin) to affect the inner composition of the skin. Most oils are incapabable of penetrating into the epidermis much less the dermis. They'll feel good on your skin, but you might just end up with pimples. If you are going to try a cream of some sort, make sure that what you use contains "oligopeptides" which affect fat deposition in the skin, and that the product has a liposomal delivery system capable of penetrating down to the dermis.

A liposome is like an targetted heat-seeking missile. It is the envelope that carries the active ingredients to do the job. In the case of TriAction, which is consider a 3rd generation skincare product, our uniquely shaped liposomes penetrate deep into the dermis, where they encounter a specific PH. It is at this point, that the liposomes break open to deliver their cargo to the working cells of the skin (the fibroblasts and the keratinocytes etc) signaling skin cells to grow and to turn over more quickly as well as to produce more collagen & elastin and to create a greater interface between the dermis and epidermis. This results in a lipofilling action, similar to blowing up a balloon, while the oligopeptides affect the fat deposition beneath the dermis, all resulting in improved blood flow and circulation to the skin, greater elasticity to the skin, more radiance and a smoother appearance to the surface etc.

For a graphic display of how it works, consider viewing this flash presentation. At about slide 16, it starts to discuss the skincare.

Bare in mind, any product would be a waste of money if you continued to do what gave you the stretch marks to begin with (growing your muscles faster than your skin grows). You'd simply be re-inforcing them. The best way to deal with stretch marks is to simply avoid getting them to begin with. It's hard I know, ...especially since we get them as we're getting bigger, but most often only really notice them after we've gone down slightly in size. Other than that, ...there's TriAction.

Hope That Helps,
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »
Vitamin E usually comes in little oil filled capsules. Snip the edge of one with a scissors and squeeze out the oil, this is what you rub onto the stretch marks.

You're better off using a more concentrated vitamin E, hence I recommend at least 400 iu capsules.

The Luke
or you could get vit e rub that is a balm and rub that on instead if breaking gel tabs

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 12:53:05 PM »
There's a much higher profit margin for vitamin e creams than there is for capsules, (on a IU per IU basis).
Hence I recommend the capsules.

The Luke

Rougestan

• Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »
dun be a puss!! these are battle scars  ;D
Train Big Grow Big..

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 05:37:24 AM »
After tanning for a few years, and using vitamin e oil some of the stretch marks I got when I started bodybuilding are almost invisible.  I use to have them on my biceps and outer delts like lightning bolts.  I also had them in other places, and you really can't seem them unless you pull on the skin or look really closely.
S

sinnu88

• Getbig I
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 11:52:16 PM »
Am suffering from same after my delivery :-
I think wat will work best is either of these though none will have full guarantee:
1. Vit E capsules - cut the end and apply the liquid .
2. cocoa butter - u have to apply it every 2-3 hrs and not let the area dry ..

-------------------------------------

SEO India| Best SEO

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »
Am suffering from same after my delivery :-
I think wat will work best is either of these though none will have full guarantee:
1. Vit E capsules - cut the end and apply the liquid .
2. cocoa butter - u have to apply it every 2-3 hrs and not let the area dry ..

-------------------------------------

SEO India| Best SEO

You're a milf?

Pictures please!  8)
S