Author Topic: Prince dead at 57  (Read 50179 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Prince dead at 57
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »
Sheryl Crow shared this on Saturday morning, April 23rd.
Video is from the monitors at the show, audio is direct from the console the information advises. "Everyday Is A Winding Road" with nice guitar solo by Prince.

Even though I saw the name "Sheryl Crow" I clicked, and you know what?  I thought it was brilliant - thanks for putting that here, I would literally have never seen it otherwise - kudos!
T

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2016, 03:03:50 PM »
Even though I saw the name "Sheryl Crow" I clicked, and you know what?  I thought it was brilliant - thanks for putting that here, I would literally have never seen it otherwise - kudos!

You're welcome!

His fucking falsetto sucks though.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2016, 03:37:53 PM »
Taken as a final product, if you mixed jacko and princes song catalogue together and picked a top 5 between them, I doubt a prince song makes the top 5.Im sure there have been millions of people who could play and instrument better than Jackson, or compose/write a song, nobody gives a fuck about them because they didn't entertain.

It's silly to compare Prince's work to MJ's. When you listen to a Prince song you know he's responsible for everything you're hearing. Yes MJ wrote songs too (half of them were co-written), but there was a lot of work done by others which determined what the final product would sound like. Songs written, arranged, composed, produced and performed by Prince can not be compared to (co)written MJ songs.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »
michael jackson was a musical performance genius, Prince was a genius musician.

that my friends is the difference
"

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »
Taken as a final product, if you mixed jacko and princes song catalogue together and picked a top 5 between them, I doubt a prince song makes the top 5.Im sure there have been millions of people who could play and instrument better than Jackson, or compose/write a song, nobody gives a fuck about them because they didn't entertain.

Well, at least he had one sales record that MJ no longer has.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/music/prince-beats-michael-jacksons-digital-songs-chart-sales-record-2782100/

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
Thanks for pointing this out.  This is what I've tell my pro-MJ friends for decades.  First off, MJ only got his lofty preach because CBS Records threatened MTV they would take all their artists off the channel if they didn't play him.  Then, showing his Thriller video ad nauseam over and over, every half hour.  Until they produce MJ zombie fans. Who only wanted MJ every day, all the time. 

The truth is Prince was the first to be showcased by MTV, before Jackson.  "Off The Wall" is a far superior record than Thriller.   Prince produced more music in a year, than MJ produced in a decade.  Prince was pioneering music forward, while MJ was being a reckless loon.

When MJ died, I shed no tears. When Prince died, I felt like I lost a little bit of me.  I'm still in shock.  :(

right on plus michael was a fucking pedophile who fucked lil boys in the ass hes in hell right now. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #281 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:40 PM »
Any post you're gonna reveal yourself as not a total asshole? Getbig awaits.  ::)

Obviously being a manlet isn't about being short, but short sighted.  Typist.

Simple Simon

« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2016, 06:44:51 AM »
Interesting thread. I am something of a Prince expert, as I have modeled my musical career after his. (I play several instruments, write, compose, produce, etc) In terms of the Prince vs. Michael debate, I will say that while Michael was a supertalented dancer and a creative giant in his own right, he was no Prince. Prince was THE MUSICAL GENIUS.
Hi Joon.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2016, 07:44:56 AM »
Interesting thread. I am something of a Prince expert, as I have modeled my musical career after his. (I play several instruments, write, compose, produce, etc) In terms of the Prince vs. Michael debate, I will say that while Michael was a supertalented dancer and a creative giant in his own right, he was no Prince. Prince was THE MUSICAL GENIUS.

How many times have you seen him in concert?
How many Prince albums/CDs do you have?
What would you say is his best compilation?  Best song?
What was his best back up band?
Who was his best protégé?

Do you have any music available on iTunes?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: May 18, 2016, 07:34:38 AM »
“Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. ”

http://prince.people.com/    :'(

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2016, 09:59:39 AM »
The Queen of Pop will pay homage to another member of music royalty, Prince, at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.

Organizers today announced Madonna's participation in what promises to be one of the highlights of this year’s BBMAs. The legendary pop singer will pay tribute to her good friend and fellow artist, who unexpectedly passed away April 21 at the age of 57. Details on her tribute to the late music great remain a closely-guarded secret.

What is she gonna do, lip sync to his greatest hits medley?  ???

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2016, 04:14:45 PM »
The Queen of Pop will pay homage to another member of music royalty, Prince, at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.

Organizers today announced Madonna's participation in what promises to be one of the highlights of this year’s BBMAs. The legendary pop singer will pay tribute to her good friend and fellow artist, who unexpectedly passed away April 21 at the age of 57. Details on her tribute to the late music great remain a closely-guarded secret.

What is she gonna do, lip sync to his greatest hits medley?  ???

::)  "Queen of Pop"  oh, brother

I'm no Prince fan, but I would have preferred that it had been Madonna that became worm food instead.
K