Author Topic: Shawn "Flexatron" Rhoden will get no lower than 2nd place at the O this year  (Read 8503 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
I surely would like to know what's in that Olympia contract.  It looks awfully long.

Mostly it's directions to room 7 by the ice machine.
P

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Don't think Rhoden will beat Heath, but think he is definitely his biggest threat. I see 2nd place also for him and Dex getting 3rd.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I will skip watching the 'O as long as Phil is winning. Long life the Arnold Classic!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Everyone didn't vilify Ronnie, Dexter or even Jay. Phil is different. With Phil it's not just the fans that are irked, it's his fellow bodybuilder.  When Phil is unseated, I guarantee alot of bodybuilders will shake that mans hand and buy him a beer...or protein shake. Villians ultimately fall.   
You can't vilify Ronnie, Dex, or Jay. They never themselves up to be. Ronnie was likeable and folksy. Dex was quiet and consistent. And Jay, was just Jay. Phil is that baller, step in front of the line, he unwittingly positioned himself as a Villian.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
May I ask why your friend believes that? 

He thinks that having Phil with the same number of Sandows as Arnold will be a form of sacrilege. He says he can see Heath tying Yates but not Arnold.

I told him that if Phil came away with first place votes after Friday evening prejudging he will break the record because there was no way. Plus as I said I think it's going the way of the women's contest.

falco

• Getbig V
Phil has talked a lot a shit about Rhoden and dismissed him as not a legit contender, it will come back to haunt him. And the funny thing is Rhoden only seems motivated because Phil opened his big mouth. Boy would it be a glorious sight to see Phil dethroned because of a guy he talked shit about. Everytime Rhoden mentions Heath, he brings up that Phil pissed him off in 2012. Lol!

Phil woke up "Sleepy" and made him grumpy.

The sad truth is that philsulina will not get dethroned because the gift given to him by the IFBB has not expired.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Inam a fan of SR physic.
Mr. AZ 2003

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
Don't think Rhoden will beat Heath, but think he is definitely his biggest threat. I see 2nd place also for him and Dex getting 3rd.

times 2 for sure

littleguns

• Getbig V
He thinks that having Phil with the same number of Sandows as Arnold will be a form of sacrilege. He says he can see Heath tying Yates but not Arnold.

I told him that if Phil came away with first place votes after Friday evening prejudging he will break the record because there was no way. Plus as I said I think it's going the way of the women's contest.

Phil's "MO" at the Olympia is always come in a little softer at the prejudging and come in better the next day. This was a problem last year. Many felt Dex was spot on both nights. Judging is always suspect....do you award someone that cleaned up after 24 hrs (between prejudging and finals) or someone that was perfect 2 nights in a row

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Rhoden's legs were probably the best in the show last year

reminds  me of johnny fuller...esp from the neck up. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Always learn new movements from Charles. Rhodens's back looks crazy. :o

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Everyone didn't vilify Ronnie, Dexter or even Jay. Phil is different. With Phil it's not just the fans that are irked, it's his fellow bodybuilder.  When Phil is unseated, I guarantee alot of bodybuilders will shake that mans hand and buy him a beer...or protein shake. Villians ultimately fall.   

Yeah but that's after Phil gets like 10 O wins before he's unseated or retires

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Always learn new movements from Charles. Rhodes's back looks crazy. :o

As much as I respect Charles, I see too much overlap between the movements. You actually need 3-4 movements max for complete back development.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Phil's "MO" at the Olympia is always come in a little softer at the prejudging and come in better the next day. This was a problem last year. Many felt Dex was spot on both nights. Judging is always suspect....do you award someone that cleaned up after 24 hrs (between prejudging and finals) or someone that was perfect 2 nights in a row

That's fine but he should be scored accordingly. There was no way he should have gotten so many first place votes on Friday evening. Even I knew that. If he was in second or third place and was scored that way on Friday and blew everyone away on Saturday then I doubt there would have been many complaints.  It's just that he could be so off on Friday and still come away with such great scores.

Sadly he could win 10x and nobody would care just like iris. She broke the record but most people still think Lenda and Cory are still the pinnacle

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
That's fine but he should be scored accordingly. There was no way he should have gotten so many first place votes on Friday evening. Even I knew that. If he was in second or third place and was scored that way on Friday and blew everyone away on Saturday then I doubt there would have been many complaints.  It's just that he could be so off on Friday and still come away with such great scores.

Sadly he could win 10x and nobody would care just like iris. She broke the record but most people still think Lenda and Cory are still the pinnacle

Chris Cormier didn't have Heath in the top 3 after the prejudging in 2015

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
"Flexatron".  Will probably stick one of it's illegitimate turdlets with this nom de dumb.  What kind of idiot would call themselves "Flexatron" or even "Flex" ? 

In the beach blanket comedy "Muscle Beach Party" the lead musclebound 'tard was called "Flex Martian".

Sleepy is nothing but a 'tard.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Chris Cormier didn't have Heath in the top 3 after the prejudging in 2015

I heard people say as low as fourth. I thought with him being current champ they wouldn't have him that low but he was second IMO and I admit I'm not the best judge. Even Phil's color was off. Now the people I was around don't like Phil period and are biased. they kept saying Rhoden and Dexter were killing Phil on Saturday. He looked way better but I don't think it was such a dramatic change to make up for Friday night

I think Rhoden would have done better had be shown more fight on stage. He literally looked like he was bored and going to sleep onstage.  He really needs to work on his presentation onstage if he wants better placementBackstage you need to be stage ready.

falco

• Getbig V

Shawn must be dealing with rotator cuff issues doing that many underhand exercises. I'm in the same boat as him.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Shawn must be dealing with rotator cuff issues doing that many underhand exercises. I'm in the same boat as him.

Good observation

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I heard people say as low as fourth. I thought with him being current champ they wouldn't have him that low but he was second IMO and I admit I'm not the best judge. Even Phil's color was off. Now the people I was around don't like Phil period and are biased. they kept saying Rhoden and Dexter were killing Phil on Saturday. He looked way better but I don't think it was such a dramatic change to make up for Friday night

I think Rhoden would have done better had be shown more fight on stage. He literally looked like he was bored and going to sleep onstage.  He really needs to work on his presentation onstage if he wants better placementBackstage you need to be stage ready.

I think that it is possible that Glass and Aceto can put Rhoden in 1st place at the 2016 Olympia at prejudging.

But Rhoden will need to try to out perform Kai's posing on Saturday. Kai proved at the ASC that he can comeback after a close prejudging.

If Phil is off this time; he will lose