Author Topic: Hebrew powerlifters  (Read 32163 times)

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Re: Hebrew powerlifters
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »
Those teams beat Brazil. The secong one lost in the final with penalty kicks. I have not looked much at the recent records but I can continue if you absolutely insist!!

Last three World Cup victories:
2006: Italy
2010: Spain
2014: Germany

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
FIFA rankings timeline

Spain is the only nation that registers in comparison to the overwhelming dominance of the Black Brazilians.

FYI genetic studies indicate the Iberian region to have the highest levels of African DNA in Europe.

;D
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
Average Elo rank since 1970

Rank   Country   Avg Elo
1    Brazil   2013.4
2    Germany[8]   1981.6
3    Netherlands   1927.1
4    England   1922.1
5    Italy   1920.7
6    Spain   1912.7
7    Argentina   1908.4
8    France   1883.5
9    Russia[9]   1848.8
10    Czech Republic[10]   1828.8
11    Portugal   1820.7
12    Serbia[11]   1813.0
13    Sweden   1798.0
14    Romania   1779.4
15    Mexico   1779.1
16    Uruguay   1777.4
17    Poland   1769.9
Rank   Country   Avg Elo
18    Belgium   1766.9
19    Denmark   1757.3
20    Scotland   1736.7
21    Chile   1727.1
22    Paraguay   1725.2
23    Republic of Ireland   1720.7
24    Bulgaria   1702.6
25    Australia   1700.4
26    Colombia   1695.5
27     Switzerland   1691.1
28    Austria   1690.0
29    Hungary   1683.8
30    Iran   1676.6
31    South Korea   1667.8
32    Greece   1656.3
33    Nigeria   1654.7
34    Egypt
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
"None of the dominance in soccer"
"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2016, 02:10:03 PM »
Hebrews seem to dominate the minds of many on here.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2016, 02:20:11 PM »
Those teams beat Brazil. The secong one lost in the final with penalty kicks. I have not looked much at the recent records but I can continue if you absolutely insist!!

???
So did Holland and Germany in the last 2 World Cups.

France reached the final in 2006 in between embarrassing first round exists in 2002 and 2010. Not sure why you think France dominate European soccer when Spain and Germany have clearly been the most successful over the past decade.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
???
So did Holland and Germany in the last 2 World Cups.

France reached the final in 2006 in between embarrassing first round exists in 2002 and 2010. Not sure why you think France dominate European soccer when Spain and Germany have clearly been the most successful over the past decade.

Please see the FIFA rankings timeline above where you can see France was top ranked for as long as Germany. Sorry, you'll have to make up your mind and provide a final answer as to weather these two countries are dominant because they have performed exactly the same according to FIFA.  
"

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2016, 03:51:49 PM »
Please see the FIFA rankings timeline above where you can see France was top ranked for as long as Germany. Sorry, you'll have to make up your mind and provide a final answer as to weather these two countries are dominant because they have performed exactly the same according to FIFA.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Ballon_d%27Or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or_(1956%E2%80%932009)

As I said- race don't matter in soccer. I think the reason for this is that soccer is so diverse with regard to roles on the pitch, that several different body-types can work. You can be tall, strong and explosive, but this will cost you endurance- hence you will be best off as an attacker or defender. The ones with the most endurance gets to play midfield. Cognition also plays its part- visuospatual thinking, strategy and self-control etc.

NN

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Ballon_d%27Or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or_(1956%E2%80%932009)

As I said- race don't matter in soccer. I think the reason for this is that soccer is so diverse with regard to roles on the pitch, that several different body-types can work. You can be tall, strong and explosive, but this will cost you endurance- hence you will be best off as an attacker or defender. The ones with the most endurance gets to play midfield. Cognition also plays its part- visuospatual thinking, strategy and self-control etc.

NN

You refuse to accept that Brazil is dominant for decades and Pele is the god of soccer for all of recorded history. This is highly questionable thinking to put it mildly. Saying race doesn't matter is like saying genetics don't matter. Of course genetics matter in everything but it's just a very general statement. Absolutely meaningless. You should retract the comments about not seeing dominance in soccer from Africans and go about your business posting on other topics.  :) 
"

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2016, 02:10:05 AM »
You refuse to accept that Brazil is dominant for decades and Pele is the god of soccer for all of recorded history. This is highly questionable thinking to put it mildly. Saying race doesn't matter is like saying genetics don't matter. Of course genetics matter in everything but it's just a very general statement. Absolutely meaningless. You should retract the comments about not seeing dominance in soccer from Africans and go about your business posting on other topics.  :) 

Pele was one of the greats in the history of soccer, but that was almost 50 years ago. Brasil did dominate the World Cup for many years, indeed, and I was on of their biggest fans. I do especially remember the 80s version of Brasil with fondness. That being said- calling Brasil a "black" team is  just as nonsensical as calling them white. Almost all of them were a happy  mix of ethnicities.

We are discussing soccer since it was claimed the lack of money was the explanation for lack of great black powerlifters. I pointed out that there were sports with great money, but without black "dominance". Black players are just as good as white players in soccer, but there is no relative dominance.

NN

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2016, 06:42:14 AM »

Germany since they've performed far more consistently at World Cup's during that entire period. France have been very hit and miss since 2000.

And yes, Brazil have been the most successful team in World Cup history but also have the advantage of having a population and pool of talent vastly bigger than their major rivals.

Greatest all time World XI according to FIFA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_All-Time_Team

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »
Pele was one of the greats in the history of soccer, but that was almost 50 years ago. Brasil did dominate the World Cup for many years, indeed, and I was on of their biggest fans. I do especially remember the 80s version of Brasil with fondness. That being said- calling Brasil a "black" team is  just as nonsensical as calling them white. Almost all of them were a happy  mix of ethnicities.

We are discussing soccer since it was claimed the lack of money was the explanation for lack of great black powerlifters. I pointed out that there were sports with great money, but without black "dominance". Black players are just as good as white players in soccer, but there is no relative dominance.

NN

no relative dominance?

The only reason they don't dominate european soccer is because they're not competing. They don't live there. One has to be included to win.

"one of the greats" haha look it's clear that accepting the black man as the master makes you uncomfortable. Nobody with any sense disputes who the greatest is.

ACCEPT THE TRUTH

;D
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2016, 05:41:07 PM »
Germany since they've performed far more consistently at World Cup's during that entire period. France have been very hit and miss since 2000.

And yes, Brazil have been the most successful team in World Cup history but also have the advantage of having a population and pool of talent vastly bigger than their major rivals.

Greatest all time World XI according to FIFA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_All-Time_Team

Germany is no better than the France squad filled with to the brim with black players.  They have not been consistent as you can see from the recent rankings. 

As an aside Germany has a lot of money and spent $1 billion dollars on their program so it's good but once the rest of the world steals their innovations it's right back to where they came from battling for fourth place.  If they want to remain on top they'll have to keep spending to stay ahead.
"

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:45 AM »
no relative dominance?

The only reason they don't dominate european soccer is because they're not competing. They don't live there. One has to be included to win.

"one of the greats" haha look it's clear that accepting the black man as the master makes you uncomfortable. Nobody with any sense disputes who the greatest is.

ACCEPT THE TRUTH

;D

Hehe, sorry- but the real money is in European soccer and the best South-American and African players are bought by European teams (Drogba, Toure, Eto'o, Neymar, Messi etc). Thus, European club soccer is the real yardstick of ethnical dominance.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2016, 12:42:03 AM »
Germany is no better than the France squad filled with to the brim with black players.  They have not been consistent as you can see from the recent rankings. 

As an aside Germany has a lot of money and spent $1 billion dollars on their program so it's good but once the rest of the world steals their innovations it's right back to where they came from battling for fourth place.  If they want to remain on top they'll have to keep spending to stay ahead.

This discussion could be more interesting if it was about the relative contribution of physical and mental faculties to different skills as a soccer player. I think the diversity of soccer players in one of the things that appeal to many. You can succeed even though you are not 2 meters tall and run the 100 meters below 10 seconds.

NN

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2016, 02:49:06 AM »

The fact that a majority black team and a majority white team can both have periods of dominance proves the point that race isn't that relevant in the sport.
Anyway, you'd think in a sport that is black dominant, you'd have more black players making lists such as the one below:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2015/dec/21/the-100-best-footballers-in-the-world-2015-interactive

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2016, 06:54:33 AM »
The fact that a majority black team and a majority white team can both have periods of dominance proves the point that race isn't that relevant in the sport.
Anyway, you'd think in a sport that is black dominant, you'd have more black players making lists such as the one below:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2015/dec/21/the-100-best-footballers-in-the-world-2015-interactive

it's not a surprise, this is a UK publication of a survey where they used 50% European judges, try it again using a sample of judges in balanced proportion. These are the obvious imbalances that get accepted.Ultimately the sport was invented in UK so it's only natural.  Also it's big money so if the soccer powers could figure out how to market black players it would be game over but that's an uphill battle. you guys don't even accept Pele the man who invented the modern style.
"

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2016, 08:13:36 AM »
it's not a surprise, this is a UK publication of a survey where they used 50% European judges, try it again using a sample of judges in balanced proportion. These are the obvious imbalances that get accepted.Ultimately the sport was invented in UK so it's only natural.  Also it's big money so if the soccer powers could figure out how to market black players it would be game over but that's an uphill battle. you guys don't even accept Pele the man who invented the modern style.

I do indeed accept Pele as one of the greatest player of all time. These kinds of discussion tend to polarize the arguments.

NN

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »

Which black players do you think should be on these lists that aren't? The list was done by former players and those involved within the sport and I think would be similar even with majority Asian or African judges. I don't agree with everything on the list since it's hard to compare players that play in different positions but I'd say that most of the names are worthy of their place.
My team's (Arsenal) greatest ever player was a black Frenchman (Thierry Henry). As with almost every other major sport, the best players will shine through regardless of race (as many black players have). It's got everything to do with ability on the field and nothing to do with marketing outside of it.

I've got nothing against anyone saying that Pele is the greatest of all time because it's probably true. However, I just find it baffling that you use this (and Brazil's success) to conclude that it is a black dominated sport.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
For Buddha's sake, it's soccer, people!  Gerbils could play that gayme.  Yawwwwwwwnnnnnn.... ;D ;D ;D ;D