Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
CALVINISM aka JOHN CALVIN
(1/4) > >>
IrishMuscle84:
I am NOT a calvinist BUT i will agree with his saying..........

" Since no man is excluded from Calling Upon God, The gate of salvation is open to ALL. The only thing that hinders us is our own Unbelief ".

I also like a few from Charles Spurgeon.

Since being PREDESTINED/ELECTION is a big area for Calvinists, What is Your Opinion or DEFINITION of being PREDESTINED/ELECTED ??
Man of Steel:
I've been slowly evaluating Calvinism and Arminianism for some time and I haven't reached a conclusion yet.
IrishMuscle84:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on May 13, 2016, 07:16:00 AM ---I've been slowly evaluating Calvinism and Arminianism for some time and I haven't reached a conclusion yet.

--- End quote ---
Even though i like that quote by CALVIN, At the same time, when it comes to Calvinism which they say IS the Gospel, It contradicts itself.
Its says salvation is open to " ALL " BUT " ALL " arent saved AND calvinists are AGAINEST FREE-WILL but there are those two words, " YOUR OWN "....Unbelief. Too me, " your own " Means that YOU CHOOSE on your own FREE WILL, TOO believe.
Purge_WTF:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on May 13, 2016, 07:16:00 AM ---I've been slowly evaluating Calvinism and Arminianism for some time and I haven't reached a conclusion yet.

--- End quote ---

Ditto. The verses about the Potter and His clay in Romans 9 complicates things in this case.
tbombz:
God absolutely knows who will and who wont be saved.

In God's omniscient, eternal foreknowledge, the eternal fate of all people has already been sealed.

Now, God knew who would be saved and who would be condemned before He made the world. Yet, He chose to make the world anyway. Therefore, at least in some limited sense, God did in fact "predestine" some men to salvation and some men to eternal hell.

By choosing to create this world, God predestined certain people to heaven and certain people to hell.

He could have chosen to create a different world in which different people were saved, but He chose to create this world in which these certain people are saved.

So God, before the creation of the world, considered an infinite number of possible worlds, and considering each world, He chose the world which would bring Him most glory. He chose this world. By choosing this world He predestined certain individuals to hell and certain others to salvation.

Our fates have been sealed since eternity past. The only thing that remains is for us to work them out according to the will and pleasure of God.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version