Author Topic: Donald Trump Just Announced His Pick for Attorney General  (Read 5324 times)

James

Re: Donald Trump Just Announced His Pick for Attorney General
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »
So no comment on Obamacare or homosexual marriage?  A "conservative" supreme court imposed both of those on the country.  

Wait.  Anyone who refuses to vote for Trump is a selfish baby?  What kind of juvenile logic is that??  

they were terrible decisions, but it could have been even worse if all the Rulings I listed above and other Rulings would have gone against us too, wouldn't you agree? or would you have rather have lost all the Ruling? (which will happen in the future when Hillary appoints someone that makes Elena Kagan look conservative.)

James

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »
Trump didn't say a word about these folks for a year.    He spends 5 minutes with big money backers, and quickly regurgitates these lists of conservative names.

Trump isn't a conservative.   Him sharing a list of names the right loves is super, but doesn't change a thing about the bullshit way he's acted and how he'll likely govern - with an immature, impulsive democrat streak.  

he's a dangerous candidate.   I don't believe his regurgitated lists.

2 choices Rob, that is it. Make your pick or have others pick for you.

my bet is your wll be driving your whole family to vote for Hillary this time and will then make a family even out of it, just like you did for Obama.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »
they were terrible decisions, but it could have been even worse if the Rulings I listed above and other Rulings would have gone against us, wouldn't you agree? or would you have rather lost all the Ruling?

I agree a ruling restricting Second Amendment rights would have been bad, but that doesn't change the outcome of the Obamacare and homosexual marriage decisions.  The Obamacare decision has had a devastating effect on the country.  The homosexual marriage decision overrode the will of millions of voters in more than 30 states.   

What both of those decisions show is you cannot rely on the supreme court to save us from bad legislation.  Even if we assume Trump is elected, and appoints what appears to be a Scalia-like justice, there is no guarantee that the particular justice won't do exactly what Roberts and Kennedy did in the Obamacare and homosexual marriage decisions. 

There are far too many negative things for me to accept with Trump.  That dude is a clown.  How the heck did we get in this position? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »
Trump didn't say a word about these folks for a year.    He spends 5 minutes with big money backers, and quickly regurgitates these lists of conservative names.

Trump isn't a conservative.   Him sharing a list of names the right loves is super, but doesn't change a thing about the bullshit way he's acted and how he'll likely govern - with an immature, impulsive democrat streak. 

he's a dangerous candidate.   I don't believe his regurgitated lists.

A bunch of bullshit cop-outs as usual.

If you were this hardcore conservative guy like you try to pass yourself off to be you would understand the long term ramifications that 2 or 3 Supreme Court Appointments on either side of the aisle will bring to this country.

This election isn't even so much about Trump and what he does in his short 4 years before he serves enough time to feed his ego then retires back to Mar-A-Lago, it's about electing the person who is most likely to appoint the best Supreme Court Justices. Anything short of that is just white noise in the background.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »
I agree a ruling restricting Second Amendment rights would have been bad, but that doesn't change the outcome of the Obamacare and homosexual marriage decisions.  The Obamacare decision has had a devastating effect on the country.  The homosexual marriage decision overrode the will of millions of voters in more than 30 states. 

What both of those decisions show is you cannot rely on the supreme court to save us from bad legislation.  Even if we assume Trump is elected, and appoints what appears to be a Scalia-like justice, there is no guarantee that the particular justice won't do exactly what Roberts and Kennedy did in the Obamacare and homosexual marriage decisions. 

There are far too many negative things for me to accept with Trump.  That dude is a clown.  How the heck did we get in this position? 

It's like a petulant child who can never be satisfied. ^^

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »
It's like a petulant child who can never be satisfied. ^^

::)

James

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
I agree a ruling restricting Second Amendment rights would have been bad, but that doesn't change the outcome of the Obamacare and homosexual marriage decisions.  The Obamacare decision has had a devastating effect on the country.  The homosexual marriage decision overrode the will of millions of voters in more than 30 states.    

What both of those decisions show is you cannot rely on the supreme court to save us from bad legislation.  Even if we assume Trump is elected, and appoints what appears to be a Scalia-like justice, there is no guarantee that the particular justice won't do exactly what Roberts and Kennedy did in the Obamacare and homosexual marriage decisions.  

I agree Beach but it's either Hillary or Trump and neither choice is a great one, but once again, Hillary is a 100% going to ruin this Country even more, while Trump is 50/50 at the very very best, so think hard and take your pick, but IMO if you choose to vote for someone who has zero chance of winning (Gary Johnson) then you are helping to elect Hillary.

Like it or not It either gonna be President Trump or President Hillary.  and Gary Johnson is a not only a wasted vote but IMO a vote for Hillary.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 01:20:21 PM »
I agree Beach but it's either Hillary or Trump and neither choice is a great one, but once again, Hillary is a 100% going to ruin this Country even more, while Trump is 50/50 at the very very best, so think hard and take your pick, but IMO if you choose to vote for someone who has zero chance of winning (Gary Johnson) then you are helping to elect Hillary.

I think you're giving Trump too much credit with 50/50 odds.  He's as much of an empty suit as Obama.  He is incredibly dishonest.  He lacks core convictions.  I don't see how you trust that man. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »
::)

By your standards, why even waste a vote with Gary Johnson?

Why not vote for your neighbor 3 doors down who you talk politics with on the back porch or the local politician who your values align more with than Gary Johnson?

Why not just write in yourself? Same useless result.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »
By your standards, why even waste a vote with Gary Johnson?

Why not vote for your neighbor 3 doors down who you talk politics with on the back porch or the local politician who your values align more with than Gary Johnson?

Why not just write in yourself? Same useless result.

What neighbor are you talking about? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:10 PM »
What neighbor are you talking about? 

And this is it folks. ^^

Your average cry baby, Never Trump child.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
And this is it folks. ^^

Your average cry baby, Never Trump child.

*yawn*   ::)

James

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 01:55:01 PM »
I think you're giving Trump too much credit with 50/50 odds.  He's as much of an empty suit as Obama.  He is incredibly dishonest.  He lacks core convictions.  I don't see how you trust that man. 

I said at the very best it would be 50/50, but that is still better odds than Hillary, and like it or not one of them is going to be President.

Fact: You are either going to live in Trump town or Hillary town, that's the 2 choices. You can protest all you want, but that doesn't accomplish anything but help elect Hillary in the end and get you moved to Hillary Town.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
Fact: You are either going to live in Trump town or Hillary town, that's the 2 choices. You can protest all you want, but that doesn't accomplish anything but help elect Hillary in the end and get you moved to Hillary Town.

What does all of the future "Trump town" look like?

James

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:00 PM »
What does all of the future "Trump town" look like?

Not as good as Cruz town would have looked, but I am betting better than Hillary town will look based on who he has already been surrounding himself with (Jeff Sessions for Border control, Rudy Giuliani for Homeland Secuirty, Ben Carson for Healthcare and Insurance reform, and he has put forth a sold list of candidates to choose a replacement for Scalia.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »
Not as good as Cruz town would have looked, but I am betting better than Hillary town for certain based on who he has already been surrounding himself with (Jeff Sessions for Border control, Rudy Giuliani for Homeland Secuirty, Ben Carson for Healthcare and Insurance reform, and he has put forth a sold list of candidates to choose a replacement for Scalia.

From the Supreme Court list he has put out there, to the cabinet positions he has suggested to the eventual VP pick he will make, the man has done everything in his power to unite the party but the sad part is some people are such egotistical cry babies that nothing he does will ever be enough.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 02:16:48 PM »
Not as good as Cruz town would have looked, but I am betting better than Hillary town will look based on who he has already been surrounding himself with (Jeff Sessions for Border control, Rudy Giuliani for Homeland Secuirty, Ben Carson for Healthcare and Insurance reform, and he has put forth a sold list of candidates to choose a replacement for Scalia.

I'm talking about specifics.  What do you think he will do as commander in chief, with border security, domestic issues, dealing with world leaders, etc.?

James

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »
I'm talking about specifics.  What do you think he will do as commander in chief, with border security, domestic issues, dealing with world leaders, etc.?

at bare minimum:
pick a better replacement for Scalia than Hillary would (very important)
pick a better Attorney General than Hillary will (very important)
do way with Common Core.
enforce our immigration laws that currently exist (which Obama currently orders to be ignored)
no lybia 2.0 that was started by Hillary and obama
take better care of our Veterans  (VA)
be more business friendly,  help the economy.
get control of the out of control EPA
respect and not try to overturn the 2nd Amendment.
respect States Rights more than Hillary will.
not push the Global warming Scam that a President Hillary would push (such as cap and trade)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
at bare minimum:
pick a better replacement for Scalia than Hillary would (very important)
pick a better Attorney General than Hillary will (very important)
do way with Common Core.
enforce our immigration laws that currently exist (which Obama currently orders to be ignored)
no lybia 2.0 that was started by Hillary and obama
take better care of our Veterans  (VA)
be more business friendly,  help the economy.
get control of the out of control EPA
respect and not try to overturn the 2nd amendment.
respect States rights more than Hillary will.

I don't care about Common Core, but if he did everything else on your list that would be great.  

That said, sounds more like what you hope he will do, rather than what he'll actually do.  

One of the things I cannot get around is his frightening lack of knowledge about many of the fundamental parts of the job of president. Have you actually listened to him talk about foreign, domestic, and military affairs?  When pressed to talk about specifics, he sounds like (as someone else said) an elementary school kid trying to fake his way through an oral exam.

James

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 02:50:40 PM »
I don't care about Common Core, but if he did everything else on your list that would be great.  

That said, sounds more like what you hope he will do, rather than what he'll actually do.  

One of the things I cannot get around is his frightening lack of knowledge about many of the fundamental parts of the job of president. Have you actually listened to him talk about foreign, domestic, and military affairs?  When pressed to talk about specifics, he sounds like (as someone else said) an elementary school kid trying to fake his way through an oral exam.

I was for Cruz, but that is not happening... you were for Rubio, but that is not happening... Its either Hillary or Trump, that's it, one of the 2 will be our next President, so I am picking the better of the 2 and I would hope you and other Never Trumps would do the same and not vote for Hillary by wasting a vote for Johnson, but that's your call.

At best Trump will be a disappointment for you and me from time to time for sure, but Hillary will be a disaster all the time, take your pick.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »
I was for Cruz, but that is not happening... you were for Rubio, but that is not happening... Its either Hillary or Trump, that's it, one of the 2 will be our next President, so I am picking the better of the 2 and I would hope you and other Never Trumps would do the same and not vote for Hillary by wasting a vote for Johnson, but that's your call.

Trump will be a disappointment for you and me from time to time for sure, but Hillary will be a disaster all the time, take your pick.

I wasn't "for Rubio."  I thought he was the most electable of the group.  Definitely liked him better than Trump.  But he showed the textbook way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't have to pick between the evil of two lessers.  This kind of thinking is why we are stuck with two parties, neither of which can get the job done.     

James

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »

I don't have to pick between the evil of two lessers.  This kind of thinking is why we are stuck with two parties, neither of which can get the job done.      

By not picking you are picking, as a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary. Or by not voting at all you are letting others chose for you.

Its going to be either Trump or Hillary in the WhiteHouse.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
By not picking you are picking, as a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary. Or by not voting at all you are letting others chose for you.

He doesn't have to vote for either. He doesn't HAVE to.

He doesn't have to do anything and you can't make him.

Do you see the logic these people are bringing?

We are dealing with children on this issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2016, 03:20:07 PM »

Most likely.  But neither one of them is getting there with my support. 

James

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
But neither one of them is getting there with my support.  

a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary, so you and 240 will be voting for the same person (Hillary)