Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
Dead to the Law ?
(1/2) > >>
IrishMuscle84:
If we are Dead to the law why does Christ say, " If you love me, Keep my commandments "  and Said if you want Eternal life, Keep my commandments, BUT............

Romans 7:4 and 7:6 say..................

Likewise My brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God - 7:4

But now we are Released from the law, Having died to that which held us Captive, so that we serve in the new way of the spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

So, are we saved by Keeping the commandments OR by having Faith in Christ ?

Heres a Good video explaination............

Sizwe:

--- Quote from: IrishMuscle84 on May 27, 2016, 10:53:27 AM ---So, are we saved by Keeping the commandments OR by having Faith in Christ ?

--- End quote ---

False dichotomy.

James 2:24
"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

James 2:14-16
"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?"

2 Cor 5:10
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive good or evil, according to what he has done in the body."

Mat 7:20
"Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven."

Luke 9:23
"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."
tbombz:
There are two types of faith.

James talks about one.

Paul talks about the other.

James speaks of a "mental faith." James says "even the demons believe." Demons know in their mind that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the universe. But demons do not believe in their heart.

Paul speaks of "heart faith." Paul says "if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Out of a man's heart pours forth his thoughts, feelings, words, and actions.

A person can believe in their mind that Jesus is Lord. They can even work miracles and cast out demons in His name. But if they do not believe in their heart, then their "mental faith" is dead, useless, and cannot save them.

A person must be born-again. This only happens when their hearts are filled with The Holy Spirit. This only happens when they treasure Christ in their heart.

IrishMuscle84:

--- Quote from: tbombz on May 28, 2016, 12:22:19 AM ---There are two types of faith.

James talks about one.

Paul talks about the other.

James speaks of a "mental faith." James says "even the demons believe." Demons know in their mind that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the universe. But demons do not believe in their heart.

Paul speaks of "heart faith." Paul says "if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Out of a man's heart pours forth his thoughts, feelings, words, and actions.

A person can believe in their mind that Jesus is Lord. They can even work miracles and cast out demons in His name. But if they do not believe in their heart, then their "mental faith" is dead, useless, and cannot save them.

A person must be born-again. This only happens when their hearts are filled with The Holy Spirit. This only happens when they treasure Christ in their heart.

--- End quote ---
Just heard a pastor talking about Mental faith and Works  :) True Faith Produces works.
tbombz:
Indeed, saving faith is repentant faith.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version