Author Topic: What is the average salary of a personal trainer?  (Read 3539 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: What is the average salary of a personal trainer?
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 10:41:22 AM »
.......unless you're 50 years old driving a 1994 slammed primered  s-10 truck then you might want to rethink things.

What if said truck is slightly newer but the hood is up to your neck?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 11:06:57 AM »
If you're a rep counter then yes, that's about right. If you're an actual trainer then you're living a pretty comfy lifestyle. Nothing wrong with driving 10 year old cars. Millionairs do it everyday.  :-\

Maybe not for you but i've never owned anything other then new off the car dealer lot.
T

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
Maybe not for you but i've never owned anything other then new off the car dealer lot.

I've never owned a new vehicle in my life.  bought many with less than 5000 miles on them tho.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »
Spoke a high-end PT last week, and he rates 3000-11000 EUR for a '3 month transformation'

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »
Spoke a high-end PT last week, and he rates 3000-11000 EUR for a '3 month transformation'

Transformations are a great way to bring in new clients. We run 1-2 big campaigns a year that gets us about 30 + in.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »
Transformations are a great way to bring in new clients. We run 1-2 big campaigns a year that gets us about 30 + in.

I was impressed by his presentation, both in-person as well as on social media. He has an exclusive in-house deal with a well-equipped hotel gym with a separate PT studio, located at a business airport.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »
I was impressed by his presentation, both in-person as well as on social media. He has an exclusive in-house deal with a well-equipped hotel gym with a separate PT studio, located at a business airport.
[/
Out of curiousity what's his name?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
Out of curiousity what's his name?

PM send, since I respect his privacy

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 02:32:30 PM »
Are you going for it ?  I can PT you for half the money.... ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 02:14:42 AM »
PM send, since I respect his privacy
sounds like true love :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 02:17:08 AM »
sounds like true love :D

Respect and love are different things. You don't have respect for animals & children, but you still 'love' them, Pedonky

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 02:20:35 AM »
I do it about 5-6 hours a week (on the side) and make an extra 15k per year.

Just try to find a gym that doesn't take a large % and it is extremely profitable
a

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 05:16:06 AM »
Things about a trainer like you tools keep saying

60-100k/year ? - my ass, you talk about being an independent contractor as well?? File a 1099 and then have to pay taxes , badass making 40k all of a sudden goes down to 25k esp with child support, owning a car , or property which many personal trainers don't (ones 25-35 working as independent contractors in the south) top 5-15% of trainers do well - mimics the same model as salesman in ANY company , it's not like every gym is a gold mine and consistency and repetitiveness are key to making money

Once again an independent contractor -- file for your LLC, plus some type of liability insurance since your not on anyone's payroll or health insurance (add about $500/month if you are married or have a kid - unless your paying out of pocket for health care - goes up

I see the good 'trainers' at my gym struggle with car payments , every time taxes come up and they have a 1099 for last 2 years they have some issuer with owning $, they always rent with a Roomate , and God forbid they have a kid and they girl left wanting $

I have my CSCS and LLC and I don't train full time - it's shit - they 'hustle' you speak of is bothering people - your walking around thinking you know what can make people better - at least down south this is apparent everywhere , most people want to be 'healthy' but 'not look like you' - they want a buddy to bullsiht with

Glad I have something other than PT

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »
If you're a rep counter then yes, that's about right. If you're an actual trainer then you're living a pretty comfy lifestyle. Nothing wrong with driving 10 year old cars. Millionairs do it everyday.

Whatever delusion gets you through the night tomater head