Author Topic: Swole culture?  (Read 847 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Swole culture?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:36:27 AM »
"When my biceps were at 14 inches and my veins looked like they were popping out, everyone was suddenly concerned. I could see why. I expected ladies to start asking me if they could feel my muscles, but instead they went out of their way to avoid me. Even at bars, when I tried to engage one in conversation, they would take one look at my arms and say, 'Compensating for something?' or something similar."

"Finding clothes that fit. Pants were fine because I mainly focused on my upper body, but shirts were a real problem. Most of my older shirts I liked had to become tank tops because of the sleeves being too small. Half of my wardrobe at the time was actually tank tops. The real nightmare was a suit jacket. My best friend had a wedding in Tampa, and I was fitted for a tuxedo as best man. Besides my arms, I was the equivalent to a medium. But the man who measured my sleeves said, 'We might not be able to tailor a jacket for you.' Fortunately, they had some really huge jackets and they sewed on the sleeves."

???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 08:45:06 AM »
Ah, validation -- the greatest high of all. Psychologists say that's the real driver behind bodybuilding addiction -- getting hooked on the constant compliments.

LOL I have posted the same thing here several times. I completely believe it.

Yesterday, was friday, so I wore a not-really-tight t-shirt to work. We had a 6-hour meeting with new clients and for most of the day no one said anything about my body. Then around 3 pm, I casually mentioned that I'm not eating sugar right now (more for health than appearance)  and then everyone started talking about how I don't need to lose weight, I'm in great shape, the guns, did I ever compete... I hit the gym at about 6 and that powered my arm workout yesterday.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »
"When my biceps were at 14 inches and my veins looked like they were popping out, everyone was suddenly concerned. I could see why. I expected ladies to start asking me if they could feel my muscles, but instead they went out of their way to avoid me. Even at bars, when I tried to engage one in conversation, they would take one look at my arms and say, 'Compensating for something?' or something similar."

"Finding clothes that fit. Pants were fine because I mainly focused on my upper body, but shirts were a real problem. Most of my older shirts I liked had to become tank tops because of the sleeves being too small. Half of my wardrobe at the time was actually tank tops. The real nightmare was a suit jacket. My best friend had a wedding in Tampa, and I was fitted for a tuxedo as best man. Besides my arms, I was the equivalent to a medium. But the man who measured my sleeves said, 'We might not be able to tailor a jacket for you.' Fortunately, they had some really huge jackets and they sewed on the sleeves."

???
this. 14 inches is big now? ???
A