Author Topic: Why do some pros lie?  (Read 34971 times)

Tinsley

• Getbig III
Re: Why do some pros lie?
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2006, 03:59:58 PM »
Jay said he was 16 when he benched 315. QT was the best, he benched 450 as a teen (16 or 18) and was curling 50lb dumbbells when he was 12  ::)

Some people do have strong exercises when they were young.  I was curling 50's when I was 15, not for full sets but for 3-4 reps per arm.  I was able to squat 635lbs when I was 18, and have proof, since it was the fifth best on the team when I got to play college football.

Personally, I'm still a bitch when it comes to bench.  I'm 285 right now and that's exactly what I can put up, for about 4 reps.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2006, 01:26:48 AM »
why do u doubt i could ever bench 550 if i juiced... if coleman poseted here when he was a youngster....and unknown like me.... you would say the same .. to him.. never speak for anyone else... i wouldnt speak for anyone elses potential... because that would be assuming... before flex wheeler went on serious drugs would u ever had imagined he would look like he did... etc etc etc...well then?
i have seen guys benchin 6 plates and a half a side... 8 reps and thats after pyramiding up i hve seen a guy incline press 5 plates on the smith machin 10 reps un aided..
seen amateur african guys in my university gym at the time throuwing around 5 plates on bench... and these werent bodybuilders either... these were recrational lifters like myself... my old trainin partner... sqaut 6 plates ass to the grass.. and he weighs the same as me...
this is why i am not overly impressed with lifts i see..
because i have good genetics... so when i hear dexter or cormier say oh i dont diet till X weeks out... im not blown away because majority of black men from the part of the world i originate from... dont have to diet... and will be what a lot of people... see as ripped
 and ive trained with people who are really strong.. minus all the "help" that pros have
that is why im not overly impressed....easily... even charles  glass said it.. coleman is strong but not out of the world strong... charles glass himself has benched 500lb.. at a lower weight ...
im just sayin a lot of lifts some pros make arent as superhuman as one might think..
but then again its not powerlifting so i guess that pint is moot :-X
 8)

^When are you going to learn that arguing with Mirzy is pointless.

Even if you win, what have you won?

You kids fall for this everytime.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2006, 04:07:06 AM »
If you're going to make shit up, at least give plausible numbers...

And you talk about eating 2 meals a day, getting little sleep, no supplementation, working long hours at a physically demanding job, it's hard to believe that with that kind of lifestyle you have built up a physique and you've shown.  Granted, you have great genetics but that just does not add up.

You were Ok in my book, but now your credibility is questionable...
do u really think my life is anyhow affected by what u think of my credibility???
no?
then above u made a pointless statement....
... i have no need to lie.... u are goin to sit 1000's of miles away from me and tell me how i have built my physique???...
why i cant have built it on what i stated ...
because u couldnt.... or cant...

man please...
what i have stated is what happened and what i have seen...
whetehr u belive or not... doesnt reallly matter...
concentrate on building ur physique... with whatever means... control your shit...
dont try to tell me what i have or have not done with mine
choice is an illusion

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 04:20:48 AM »
do u really think my life is anyhow affected by what u think of my credibility???
no?
... i have no need to lie.... u are goin to sit 1000's of miles away from me and tell me how i have built my physique???...

man please...
concentrate on building ur physique... with whatever means... control your shit...

^Stop letting people get you so worked up over a message board.

It only makes you look like a child.

Don't justify yourself to people who don't deserve an explanation.

You still haven't learned.

DIV

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 04:50:08 AM »
@div.

i hear you... man
but some time it just suprises me how people think...
anyway im in the process right now of postin some trainin footage over in the picture forum..
just for some clarity

choice is an illusion

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2006, 07:26:26 AM »
^When are you going to learn that arguing with Mirzy is pointless.

Even if you win, what have you won?

You kids fall for this everytime.

DIV
see Div the funny thing is that when you talk to people it seems that everybody and their brother benches 600 pounds but how often in everyday life do you even see people bench 4 plates with decent form, almose never in 95 percent of gyms and when i point out that someone is lying then i'm the asshole forgive me if i have trouble believing that this clown saw someone bench 635 pounds for 8 reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2006, 03:41:49 PM »
no?

man please...

Relax,  I was being cynical, no offence if it came out the way you interpreted it.  I didn't mean that how you live has anything to do with it, and I'm in no position to judge in that regard. Things are possible with hard work & dedication. My bad.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2006, 05:06:23 PM »
failed, jealous, envious, hateful mutherfuckers  >:(

......getbiggers not the pros  :)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »
failed, jealous, envious, hateful mutherfuckers  >:(

......getbiggers not the pros  :)
meltdown.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2006, 05:11:51 PM »
see Div the funny thing is that when you talk to people it seems that everybody and their brother benches 600 pounds but how often in everyday life do you even see people bench 4 plates with decent form, almose never in 95 percent of gyms and when i point out that someone is lying then i'm the asshole forgive me if i have trouble believing that this clown saw someone bench 635 pounds for 8 reps.

Very true sarcasm. That's what i was talking about with Matt last week on another thread

Stavios

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »
the father of my ex girlfriend did 5 plate and a half on each side but he had a shirt

My friend at 19 bench 3 plate and a half for 2 shot

my training partner reps with 405 on the incline ( he is really big 5"7 250 )

other than that for the 3 years or so I've been training I didn't see someone who bench really heavy .

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2006, 05:23:59 PM »
I can say that I've never personally seen anyone doing four plates for reps, or even for singles, at any gym I've been to with an exception of a powerlifter who trained at the same gym I did in 2001, and even he only went up to four plates.
it's a lot rarer than people think, if you believed everything you read on this board you would think that 80 percent of the male population of the US benches 405, i've been training seriously since i was 19, i'm 34 now, and i've seen literally 9 or 10 guys legitimately bench 405 or over and most only did it for a single, one guy who was a national level APF powerlifter at 242 could do 5 or 6 on a good day and a Samoan freak of nature i saw do 11 or 12 reps with it and 5 reps with 5 plates.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »
reading the boards you would think that benching 315 is really weak

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »
no offense to Stavios because i believe him but most of the claims are like his first one about the ex girl's dad, usually something like my brother's uncle's best friend works with a guy who goes out with a girl who lives up the street from a guy who did some plumbing work for a guy who knows a guy who benched 925 for 3 reps but had to give up lifting because he had a kid.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »
it's a lot rarer than people think, if you believed everything you read on this board you would think that 80 percent of the male population of the US benches 405, i've been training seriously since i was 19, i'm 34 now, and i've seen literally 9 or 10 guys legitimately bench 405 or over and most only did it for a single, one guy who was a national level APF powerlifter at 242 could do 5 or 6 on a good day and a Samoan freak of nature i saw do 11 or 12 reps with it and 5 reps with 5 plates.

Indeed.  I been to Golds, Worlds, and a few other gyms where you would expect to find serious or "hardcore" lifters.  I've only seen one guy bench 405 for about 5 reps and I spotted him.  We talked on a few occasions, he is natural, a big mofo, about 6'2" and and around 300 lbs.  That was back in 99.  Guys benching 405 plus are few are far between.  Probably in the 99.9 percentile in the male population.  Even 315 for 10 you won't see often.

635X8 has mesmorph stated, I'd have to see, maybe he can post a clip of this guy.

Stavios

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2006, 06:10:51 PM »
no offense to Stavios because i believe him but most of the claims are like his first one about the ex girl's dad, usually something like my brother's uncle's best friend works with a guy who goes out with a girl who lives up the street from a guy who did some plumbing work for a guy who knows a guy who benched 925 for 3 reps but had to give up lifting because he had a kid.

Yeah I know I have no proof to confirm what I say.
I could say I bench 500 instead of my 315 but what would it give me ?
I never believe the claims I read and the best example for this is the pics of Frozzor.  ;)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2006, 06:18:48 PM »
that was a good while ago.. at the first gym i ever trained at
that guy... that was years ago .. he was short and thick... big gut but he was verrrrry thick..  late 30's ... he did have a spot admittedly...for the latter reps.. but for the first 3 or 4... after the bar was unracked no one touched the bar...
until like i said the latter reps.. it blew my mind.... but i know what my eyes saw...
my brother was there as well.. or i probably would have thought i imagined it...

above someone said seein 315 benched for 10 is a rare sight...
i dont agree next time i bench which will be tommorow... i will tape it...  got 315 for 8 unassisted last time i benched... prior to which i hadnt benched for a while..
and im nuttin special..
what a lot of people fail to realise is a lot of genetic freaks are unknown...strong big guys.. ive trained in a lot of hardcore gyms in my short time of trainin.... so i have seen some crazy things...

choice is an illusion

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2006, 07:04:56 PM »
the father of my ex girlfriend did 5 plate and a half on each side but he had a shirt

My friend at 19 bench 3 plate and a half for 2 shot

my training partner reps with 405 on the incline ( he is really big 5"7 250 )

other than that for the 3 years or so I've been training I didn't see someone who bench really heavy .

I got you beat.  My ex girlfriend ate 5 plates at Hometown Buffet in just one shot.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2006, 07:10:50 PM »

I agree with you Mirzy, I'm just pointing out that it's funny how people let you get under their skin so easily....

Esp when your name is sarcasm.  You'd think they would "get it" by now.

It's funny shit, though.......

DIV

Stavios

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »
I got you beat.  My ex girlfriend ate 5 plates at Hometown Buffet in just one shot.

:o

was she attractive ?  ;D

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2006, 07:25:12 AM »
Indeed.  I been to Golds, Worlds, and a few other gyms where you would expect to find serious or "hardcore" lifters.  I've only seen one guy bench 405 for about 5 reps and I spotted him.  We talked on a few occasions, he is natural, a big mofo, about 6'2" and and around 300 lbs.  That was back in 99.  Guys benching 405 plus are few are far between.  Probably in the 99.9 percentile in the male population.  Even 315 for 10 you won't see often.

635X8 has mesmorph stated, I'd have to see, maybe he can post a clip of this guy.
youll never see it because mesomorph is either lying or he doesn't remember correctly, if that guy did bench six plates and a quarter on each side for 8 reps that would make him the best bencher ever, even better than Scott Mendelson who has the record for a shirtless max at 715.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2006, 07:43:16 AM »
635 x8 is a load of shit.  To put this in perspective u put that in a 1RM calculater and it equals 788 Raw max....so this means that this random guy could bench 63 lbs more than the most ever done raw and 127 lbs more than the most Kaz ever did?  ::)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2006, 07:44:03 AM »
635 x8 is a load of shit.  To put this in perspective u put that in a 1RM calculater and it equals 788 Raw max....so this means that this random guy could bench 63 lbs more than the most ever done raw and 127 lbs more than the most Kaz ever did?  ::)
like i said he's lying his ass off.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2006, 08:13:14 AM »
I believe some pros were genetic freaks before drugs but most are just hyper responders to steroids....

Look at mass construction.. Before juice flex was fucking TINY..... Good structure yes.... Nice muscle shape. but fact is without the juice he would have just been some other ripped black dude. He was hailed as having some of the best genetics ever yet without steroids he would have been a bean pole.

In my mind crazy genetics are those who are not just Solly hyper responder to big doses of juice and growth. These are dudes that are obviously great responders to drugs but posses great shape size and condition without juice to begin with

like me :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 09:26:32 AM »
:o

was she attractive ?  ;D

She had a great personality