Author Topic: Ban the AR-15 from Civilian Ownership :-O  (Read 36405 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Ban the AR-15 from Civilian Ownership :-O
« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »
a sig sauer, very similar to the AR15, but not quite the same.
Your precious Glock will be next.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2016, 08:24:10 PM »

Gun Shop Sells 30,000 AR-15s in Week Following Orlando Attack

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/19/gun-shop-sells-30000-ar-15s-in-week-following-orlando-attack/

Keep calling for a ban morons , you're only increasing the demand and proliferation 

The NH range I went to fathers day has a big gun shop and they were cleaned out. I've heard most NH shops have sold a ton of them.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2016, 05:02:59 AM »
I don't necessarily agree with every word of this article but I find some of the basic points to be both interesting and firmly grounded in reality. 

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2016, 05:46:02 AM »
I don't necessarily agree with every word of this article but I find some of the basic points to be both interesting and firmly grounded in reality. 

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa

Terrible article.  The author (a Dem) states the Republicans ideology for having guns is to protect themselves against Dems.  While that is true, it's only a very small part of a Republicans support for guns.  The author is a dipshit.   ::)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: June 23, 2016, 07:09:34 AM »
The NH range I went to fathers day has a big gun shop and they were cleaned out. I've heard most NH shops have sold a ton of them.

Walter, is that the Granite St. range in Hudson? (a decent indoor range)...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #355 on: June 23, 2016, 07:12:19 AM »
Your precious Glock will be next.

when?

I heard the same thing in 2007 when obama took office with a dem Congress.

And I don't support an AWB.  I just support closing the loophole saying a person can walk out of prison and buy any gun in a private sale... I have always disliked that.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #356 on: June 23, 2016, 07:40:48 AM »
when?

And I don't support an AWB.  I just support closing the loophole saying a person can walk out of prison and buy any gun in a private sale... I have always disliked that.

You think they'll stop at ARs? Especially when they figure out that the real problem is semiautomatic pistols.

There is NO " loophole " saying a convicted felon can buy a gun. The moment a legal owner who sells a gun to a prohibited person it's against the law. You're almost as bad as the antis spreading misinformation.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: June 23, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »
Why do anything??

The American sheeple DO realize that gun violence is DOWN significantly in the last 20 years right????????????????????

Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

</thread>

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2016, 08:16:18 AM »
Why do anything??

The American sheeple DO realize that gun violence is DOWN significantly in the last 20 years right????????????????????

Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years

Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years - CNN.com

</thread>

NICS checks for guns straight up , Violent crime straight down.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: June 23, 2016, 09:23:26 AM »
There is NO " loophole " saying a convicted felon can buy a gun. The moment a legal owner who sells a gun to a prohibited person it's against the law. You're almost as bad as the antis spreading misinformation.

the loophole says a private sale doesn't require any ID, receipt or background check.

perhaps it is "de facto" and not "de jure", but it sure still happens. 

I'm not a fan of private sales because there is no accountability.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »
when?

That's already illegal for any felon to possess a firearm. Somehow they still manage to get them, more laws will definitely help stop them!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2016, 09:30:23 AM »
Walter, is that the Granite St. range in Hudson? (a decent indoor range)...

Yes it is.  I really liked the range and especially the people working there. It was free for dads and vets (and free rentals).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »
That's already illegal for any felon to possess a firearm. Somehow they still manage to get them, more laws will definitely help stop them!!

but the SELLER is often a law-abiding citizen.   ;)  That is the key.   Most sellers love their guns, love their money, but would NOT illegally sell a weapon.   But the loophole assures they don't even have to ask if the person is a felon or anything else.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2016, 01:53:36 PM »
but the SELLER is often a law-abiding citizen.   ;)  That is the key.   Most sellers love their guns, love their money, but would NOT illegally sell a weapon.   But the loophole assures they don't even have to ask if the person is a felon or anything else.
And making a law will change that? Lol
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2016, 02:22:40 PM »

Can't I just say I gave it to them?

It's against the law to give things?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »
I have my opinion: there is no place for assault weapons in a civilized society. But I know banning all guns is not going to happen.  Other countries have regulations of one sort or another, and don't have the mass shootings we do.  We can do something about this problem.
Where is the gun violence in Vermont or New Hampshire where nearly everyone has a gun and there is nearly no gun control?  ???

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2016, 06:06:38 PM »
A petition already has been started.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-ar-15-civilian-ownership

Guns in America is a complicated issue for many reasons. However, the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for Domestic Terrorists and others who wish to kill and harm people quickly and efficiently. It serves no other purpose other than to accomplish this. Banning this gun will show that we can act on this issue. It will have symbolic weight while also making one small step forward on dealing with this epidemic.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/13/nobody_needs_an_ar_15_the_orlando_massacre_teaches_us_again_that_we_must_ban_semi_automatic_human_killing_machines/

Nobody needs an AR-15: The Orlando massacre teaches us (again) that we must ban semi-automatic human killing machines. Do it now: Congress must ban military-style weapons and make it harder for terrorists to act on their hate

We’ve had yet another horrific mass shooting. In fact, it’s the worst mass shooting in American history. More than fifty people were killed and many more wounded in a nightclub that catered to gay people in Orlando Florida. At the moment I’m writing this, what we know is that these murders were carried out by an American Muslim by the name of Omar Mateen, the son of Afghan immigrants who was born in New York 29 years ago. We know that he called 911 during the killing and reportedly pledged allegiance to ISIS and mentioned the Tsarnaev brothers (who were not ISIS, for what it’s worth). We know the FBI had been aware of some radical connections and jihadist “leanings” and had interviewed him in the past. His father reported that he was an angry homophobe. His ex-wife said he was a violent domestic abuser who was mentally unstable. He was a hate-filled, violent piece of work.

I conquer. I'm 100% for banning the AR-15, as well as banning religion from politics. A TRUE separation of church and state, not just in theory, but in practice.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »
I conquer. I'm 100% for banning the AR-15, as well as banning religion from politics. A TRUE separation of church and state, not just in theory, but in practice.

Well done, sir.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2016, 06:40:54 PM »
Can't I just say I gave it to them?

It's against the law to give things?
It's a federal law that says no convicted felon can own a gun. Sold or gifted, it's a felony. Even having a gun in the house with a convicted felon living there is sketchy with lots of maybes.
I have to laugh at people like 240 that think some law will change  anything.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2016, 06:57:32 PM »
It's a federal law that says no convicted felon can own a gun. Sold or gifted, it's a felony. Even having a gun in the house with a convicted felon living there is sketchy with lots of maybes.
I have to laugh at people like 240 that think some law will change  anything.

Definitely true.

Criminals never care. They are criminals.

I was just wondering if you're a non felony and someone just "gives" you the gun. What can they do?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2016, 07:22:20 PM »
Definitely true.

I was just wondering if you're a non felony and someone just "gives" you the gun. What can they do?
From what I've gathered that is only legal for parent/child transfers. All others are supposed to go through an FFL.
Besides, it's only illegal if you get caught. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2016, 07:27:52 PM »
Definitely true.

Absolutely nothing.  My father and I give each other guns all the time.  Usually birthdays and X-mas.  :D 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2016, 07:43:11 PM »
From what I've gathered that is only legal for parent/child transfers. All others are supposed to go through an FFL.
Besides, it's only illegal if you get caught. :D

That's exactly how I look at it.

I'm safe anyway. I look white enough.  ;)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »
Instant background checks are only required when going through an FFL, not for private sales.  This was the compromise that was worked out in order to get background checks for gun stores.  Trying to regulate private sales was a sure political loser back then and it still is.  Most all gun control measures are big losers for libs despite the media playing it up every time there is a shooting.

Requiring checks for all gun sales makes creating a list of gun owners much easier.  Libs want that list eventually so confiscation can occur.  It's obvious, but there are too many gun owners in this country for that to ever be politically viable.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2016, 11:14:24 PM »

Yes.   Yes it will.   Many law-abiding people will stop selling firearms in private sales.

I don't get the "people won't follow laws anyway..." 
Many of those selling guns will stop, period.